• This topic has 92 replies, 61 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by jkomo.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • I only have one picture of me as a kid
  • bearnecessities

.and this is it:

So let’s see us lot, that have totally lost sight of what it was like to be a carefree kid (that actually aspired to be a teenager!), looked like once.

Jamie
    Free Member

perchypanther
    Free Member

bencooper
    Free Member

ElShalimo

Surely it’s this one?

EDIT – damn too slow

seosamh77
    Free Member

Pretty sure i’ve still got the same out look in life. 😆

mattbee

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is that the Virgin Atlantic Challenger?

I remember when she came in to Salcombe. LOUD!

bodgy
    Free Member

Me and my Dad, on Roundaway Hill. Maybe. 1978? 79? Love my Dad; he brought me up after my mother left. I miss the simplicity of youth, but I can hardly remember it. Either I’ve blocked it or didn’t have the echo chamber of a family unit around me, so the memories fade. Dunno.

[/url]

legend
    Free Member

Jamie – Member

lulz! Not sure how many will get that 🙂

badnewz
    Free Member

I will dig one out. I was looking through some a couple of weeks ago. It’s very weird seeing yourself, smiling, happy, excited – in my case, unrecognisable in every way!

bodgy
    Free Member

@badnewz – I know that feeling.

tjagain

Lucky you. I get trolled by my mother on facebook as she posts embarrassing pics of me as a kid

scotroutes

I have loads – my uncle was a keen photographer. This is the earliest where I can remember it being taken and where we were.

Gullane beach. 1961.

bruneep

tjagain

This is one of the ones my mother posted on facebook. I think me and my big sis were auditiog for hitler youth
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/VWKsKb]12983430_10209655158641719_8722051161842766896_o[/url] by TandemJeremy, on Flickr

P-Jay
    Free Member

35-37 ish years, a bit of light facial reconstruction and all too many late night and bad decisions later I look so different I had to ask Mum to confirm it was me.

jam-bo

Is that the Virgin Atlantic Challenger?

I remember when she came in to Salcombe. LOUD!

Currrently moored up in Plymouth.

Drac

redthunder
    Free Member

Cougar

lulz! Not sure how many will get that

As we’ve established on another thread, that’s Bungle.

*cough*

Bregante

ajantom

Me on my dad’s shoulders some time in 1976/77

[url=https://flic.kr/p/5FjWLt]Me ‘n’ dad[/url] by tom harrison, on Flickr

And another of me, my sister and my cousins. I’m the one sucking his thumb/picking his nose. I have no idea what my cousin Leo is doing behind me!

[url=https://flic.kr/p/UViGzo]The Harrisons[/url] by tom harrison, on Flickr

simmy
    Free Member

molgrips
    Free Member

Childhood was not simple for me. It was a complex and fraught time in my own head, even though my situation was as easy as childhoods can be.

Anyway. Bregante, what happened after the chocolate factory visit thing?

PiknMix
    Free Member

Me with my Raleigh Bullet and my sister with her Raleigh Princess, I owned both bikes at different points in my life, the princess was a speed daemon.

scotroutes

molgrips – Member
    Childhood was not simple for me. It was a complex and fraught time in my own head, even though my situation was as easy as childhoods can be.

Is anyone else thinking “Wasp Factory”?

Me with my Raleigh Bullet and my sister with her Raleigh Princess, I owned both bikes at different points in my life, the princess was a speed daemon.

Whitewall tyres – CFH will be spaffing himself dry.

garage-dweller

One of my old sailing friends sent me some pictures she found in a clear out. I had this sailing jacket I really liked at the time and now I realised I looked a bit pregnant in it, which is worrying as I have all the wrong body parts for that.

john_drummer
    Free Member

I don’t have any of me as a kid, earliest I can find is mid 80s, aged about 21
    I don’t particularly like having my photo taken
    I’m sure my mother will have plenty thoigh

mintimperial

simmy, I think that’s the most 70s photograph I’ve ever seen. Marvellous.

bigG
    Free Member

big hair, big chin, big smile and a young kid wearing shorts at high school while trying to look cool. None of these things made me an impressive kid.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/UVnXXQ]218088_1017982700436_5918_n[/url] by Graeme Matheson, on Flickr

garage-dweller

Mint Imperial +1, you’d have to have the cast of the Professionals there to better that.

Jamie
    Free Member

big hair, big chin, big smile and a young kid wearing shorts at high school while trying to look cool. None of these things made me an impressive kid.

A young Jools Holland.

simmy
    Free Member

simmy, I think that’s the most 70s photograph I’ve ever seen. Marvellous.

It’s was actually taken in about 1984 as I’m on my Raleigh Mag Burner and Mum got rid of the Cortina in 1985 or 1986 after some scrote nicked it. Mum couldn’t bear to be in it knowing some scumbag had driven it.

My jacket etc would have been from the 70’s as I had to make do with clothes from Jumble Sales as we had little money. Great uncle had bought us the car and my bike, mum had very little money.

I so wished I had kept that Burner. I got a mountain bike in about 1988 and think we either threw the burner out or gave it to the hospice charity shop.

user-removed
    Free Member

On holiday in Ireland – very early ’80s I think…

Eventually safely became a teen…

CountZero

Clearing out a load of my stepdad’s stuff today, and found a little basket full of photos of my mum’s, that I hadn’t realised were stashed away, most of them I hadn’t seen before, and there were some of me, at an early age, probably around four or five, at a guess.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

bodgy
    Free Member

Is anyone else thinking “Wasp Factory”?

It’s a curious thing; a forum. (This isn’t a criticism, just . . . a thought that I’ve been thinking)

There’s moments where we are at our most bombastic. Getting on with the Northern ‘cut or be cut’ style of banter.

And then there are tiny little moments of purity, such as this, whereby people are invited to offer just a little slither of their genuine selves.

And many do.

I, for one, would like to ‘cheers’ that side of STW; it’s a community that has dragged me from the depths, brought me to the light and been no end of ridiculously detailed good advice.

Every now and then, there is an opportunity to present one’s self as vulnerable.

That’s ok. Respect it as it is provided. It’s that ‘soft love’ that makes STW totally special.

Just saying

zippykona

I’m somewhere in this picture!

welshfarmer

Unfortunately don’t have any pics in digital form here of my youth. I did get sent a video though from some guest who had stayed on our farm in the mid 70s when we used to do B&B. I would be about 7 or 8 at the time. I’m easy to spot, being in most shots, I am the lanky one with the big hair, a feature that haunted me throughout my formative years.

Video is not that long and worth a watch in order to see just what a poor welsh hill farm looked like just over 40 years ago. And despite many years away I am still here now 🙂

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfzt9mdNo6M[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘I only have one picture of me as a kid’ is closed to new replies.