Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • I neeeeeeed to move to Montana…
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

….unless I can build a fire lookout tower at home.

http://greenecasey.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/5-years-of-bikepacking-lookouts.html

This may be my dream bikepacking trip.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/52249549@N02/

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Awesome!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

You are Frank Zappa and ICM5£
    Good call though. Stunning locations. I must go reread some Kerouac.

CountZero

Is that just you and your pigmy pony?
    Good luck with the dental floss crops this year.

caseygreene
    Free Member

Right on! It is pretty sweet to hang out high in those towers. If anyone needs more info, let me know.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

montana is just a gorgeous place, for america its off the beaten track but a stunning, the locals are of course all gun toting cowboy inbreds and will ask you to squeal like a pig boy, but apart from that lovely big skies place.

mudshark
    Free Member

Mental toss flycoon?

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

looks just fantastic country must go some day

headfirst
    Free Member

I remember watching ‘A River Runs Through It’ and being blown away by the Montana landscape. Watch it if you’ve not seen it.

fasthaggis

Loving those Fire Finder devices.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member
    ir_bandito
    Free Member

….unless I can build a fire lookout tower at home.

Then why don’t you? Its just a shed on legs, if anyone can build it, i suspect its you…

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

pawsy – would love to but think the arrival of mini me recently means I’ll have to pass but I am jealous and green with envy if you go, and if you go take bear spray. I rode the Divide ages ago and you really do want something, anything, if you meet one of those cute furry teddy bears capable of biting your head off and eating you up!

caseygreene
    Free Member

Some say it’s rare to see a bear but I come across one or two every year. Better to be safe then sorry and carry some spray. There was even one in my kitchen a few years ago…

CountZero

Those lookouts are fantastic, as is the country. I wonder if mcm is looking for an excuse to ride a Fatbike in the snow…?

rentachimp
    Free Member

Don’t forget to take a pair of heavy duty zircon encrusted tweezers.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Those lookouts are fantastic, as is the country. I wonder if mcm is looking for an excuse to ride a Fatbike in the snow…?

I was reading of another of Casey Greene’s rides in Montana in this month’s Adventure Cyclist magazine, they talk about 30 to 50 snowfalls high up. 😯

There was even one in my kitchen a few years ago…

How on earth does a bear find it’s way into your kitchen? This need s further clarification. Is your wife Goldilocks?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘I neeeeeeed to move to Montana…’ is closed to new replies.