Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • I need a rug. This is so boring.
  • Premier Icon chiefgrooveguru
    Free Member

Where does one buy rugs from that aren’t incredibly expensive (and thus beyond our means) but good quality or overpriced but under-quality? Partly to finish off the living room, partly for baby no. 3 to roll about on, so sadly synthetic is probably wiser for ease of washing…

Premier Icon goldfish24

Ikea!

Premier Icon baboonz
    Free Member

IKEA is probably your easiest option.

Premier Icon djflexure
    Free Member

We have always managed to grab them from the John Lewis discount pile

Premier Icon cinnamon_girl

Next.

Premier Icon DezB

http://modern-rugs.co.uk !!

its amazing! I absolutely can’t stand shopping for furnishings and stuff, but spent hours on there! My rug is nice too
    My sister-in-law referred me to it when i admired her long pile rug . I’ve typed that now and I’m not removing it 😂

Premier Icon howsyourdad1

Morocco!

Premier Icon stumpyjon

Ikea

Premier Icon Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Not from Dunelm, we have a lovely dark red shaggy rug that sheds strands of itself continually, like you hoover the house and then turn round to find a strand of red on the laminate floor two rooms from where the bloody thing is., aaarrrrgh does my head in.

Premier Icon chiefgrooveguru
    Free Member

Thanks all! We had some dressing gowns from Dunelm that shed like a golden retriever in spring. Bloody awful!

Premier Icon funkmasterp

Where are you based OP? There is a shop in Macclesfield that has the largest selection of rugs I’ve ever seen. Can’t believe I’m admitting this on a public forum, but I love looking through them. No idea why, I just find it quite calming. Lovely smell and very quiet due to the absolutely ridiculous quantity of massive rugs hanging from giant display rails.

Premier Icon chiefgrooveguru
    Free Member

Brighton, so a little far! My brother lives in Alderley Edge though and my parents grew up in that neck of the woods.

Premier Icon funkmasterp

I’m an imposter! Mrs F is from Alderley Edge, family been there for years. I’m from Yorkshire where there are no rug wonderlands to my knowledge 😀

Premier Icon WildHunter2009

We picked up a rather lovely kilim rug from IKEA a few weekends ago. The missus lives her rugs, and it holds up well to the more expensive ones. Pride and joy is a massive Kyrgyz shyrdak though. God knows if you can get them over here.

Premier Icon MrSmith
    Free Member

Morocco.
    Obviously you have to holiday there, have a lovely Beni Ourain Berber rug that cost £220 (inc baggage charge) would have been £700+ over here

Premier Icon nick1962
    Free Member

Got a great rug from Wayfair after a lot of searching-I got a 15% discount by signing up to their newsletter too .100% wool,Berber style and hand made in Greece.It is labelled as grey but has a variety of natural colours from black through grey to light brown.It is the thickest, softest floor covering I have ever walked on.It was this one
    https://www.wayfair.co.uk/rugs/pdp/norden-home-sandy-handwoven-wool-grey-rug-tklr1609.html
    It’s that good I was even moved to write a review!
    This similar one also gets great reviews
    https://www.wayfair.co.uk/rugs/pdp/august-grove-gene-hand-woven-wool-taupe-rug-augu1174.html

EDIT-Whoops just noticed your synthetic comment.This rug is heavy so washing options limited but wool washes easily with a damp cloth and/or anti bacterial spray etc.The nature of this rug means marks/stains don’t really show up.Have a look at it in close up and you’ll see what I mean

Premier Icon alexpalacefan

It will really tie the room together.
    APF

Premier Icon petec
    Free Member

oooh i know this one.

Weavergreen. Made of recycled bottles, mostly fished from rivers

got my wife a throw for xmas – they’re very good. Feels just like wool

Rugs

Premier Icon CountZero

I like those Weavergreen rugs, some really nice designs there.

Premier Icon PePPeR

Trago Mills if you’re down that way…

Premier Icon timbog160

https://www.urhair.co.uk/100-hand-tied-brown-straight-mens-short-wigs-in-uk-skumwnb090.html

Not sure how you’d get on with Guru no3 rolling about on it though

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.