Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • I need a paper shredder…..
  • gnusmas

Can anyone recommend one that’s not too expensive? Strange question, probably. Had one a while ago and didn’t last that long so hoping for something better this time.

Thanks

tthew

We’ve got a basic Ryman electric one that’s been chunnering away for years up in the spare room. Model is MS 508. Takes 5 sheets at once, which is a bit rubbish if you’re having a big clear out but usually OK.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I’ve got an Aurora AS610C from Amazon and it’s lasted a long time, incluidng being feed thicknesses of paper it shouldn’t have seen :

£29.98

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Aurora-AS610C-Sheet-Cross-Cut-Shredder/dp/B001W3MN9A/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=aurora+shredder&qid=1571490880&sr=8-2

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stumpyjon

Thought about Gerbils?

null

PiknMix
    Free Member

I’ve recently spent ages researching this (I need to get out more) and settled for a Fellowes 12C powershred.

run time of 20 mins (and that had been tested fully recently), cross cut, 12 sheets at a time, paper clips, staples, bank cards all shred with no problem.

I got it from Ryman, through their amazon marketplace page as it was about £30 cheaper that buying it from their online store.

As sad as it sounds, I love it.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Box of matches. About 50 p

cinnamon_girl

Fellowes 6C and so far so good. £29.99 from Argos.

MoreCashThanDash

£30 one from Ryman. Works fine when I use it. Struggles when Other Household Members try to force through twice the recommended number of sheets.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

How much paper does the ‘average household’ need to shred? We have a cheap & cheerful Tesco job which does all we need, bank statements, court papers, bailiffs letters, all that crap.
    I had loads of stuff years ago from an uncles house & i took it all to work & stuffed it in the wheely bin sized industrial thing we had.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘I need a paper shredder…..’ is closed to new replies.