Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • I need a new pump…
  • crazyjenkins01

I seem to have…umm…. misplaced mine!

As I run tubeless, and the tyres dont stay “on” the rim when I take the air out, I’ve been considering getting something like the Joe Blow Boost pump (integrated air cannister) but the cheapest version I’ve found is £120!

Have also considered getting an Airshot and a standard track pump, which would be cheaper.

Anyone have experience with the Airshot? Or have any other options other than the Joe Blow that is a bit cheaper that I should look at?

TIA hive mind!

appltn

I’ve never had an issue inflating tubeless with the Joeblow Mountain X which can be had for around £60. (e.g. Amazon).

kiwijohn

+1 for Joe Blow Mountain. It gets new tyres up every time.
    If you start swapping around old tyres, sometimes they need more of a kick than what a track pump can deliver.

mjsmke

£120 for a pump! That sounds a bit steep.

Made my own version of an airshot with a 3l drinks bottle, 2 presta valves, and some pvc tube. Think it all cost about £4. Works very well at inflating and seating tubeless tyres with an old Bikehut track pump.

oldnpastit

I have an airshot which replaced a coke bottle inflator. It is a joy to use.

martdg99
    Free Member

Topeak mountain x, just got one and set up some new tyres tubeless with it. Works really well.

crazyjenkins01

Thanks for the input people, keep it coming! 🤣

leffeboy

I have a schwalbe booster which looks the same as the airshot.  It works beautifully for the inflation part but I hate the bit that screws onto the valve as it is really fiddly to do as was super stiff on the Schwalbe Booster.  A lot of review videos seem to skip over that bit :).  If it had a quick release head like lots of pumps do then it would be perfect.  I’ve tried fitting a quick release head but haven’t really managed yet

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘I need a new pump…’ is closed to new replies.