Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • I Need A New Full Face Helmet
  • grantway
    Free Member

I need a new full face helmet with plenty of air vents.
    I currently have The One composite.
    Great helmet but very hot under the lid

rj
    Free Member

Ooh, ooh, I know this!

I had The One Vegas composite, which is OK, but as you say a bit hot. I just got a 661 Comp which looks alright, is better vented and costs 50 odd quid. The Specialized Deviant is really well vented and very light, but there's no mesh over the vents, which the 661 does have. For the money, the 661 is really good.

grantway
    Free Member

thanx rj where did you get it from CRC?

What make of full face some of the guys are wearing in the
    seasons dvd there helmets are well vented.

jedi

make sure they fit right.
    more important than venting

rj
    Free Member

Yep CRC. Jedi's right, the fit is important, but I got on OK with the The ones, and the 661 fits me OK (clip rather than D-ring, incidentally).

Jedi, I haven't forgotten about getting lessons off of you, I've just been working away for the last few weeks and so haven't really been thinking about it, but I will get back to you, honest.

jedi

rj, no worries man 🙂

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

Budget?

Venting is all well and good until a sharpened little stump punctures your skull via the vent. C'mon…..it could happen.

If price is no object then look at poc, troy lee or dainese. Speaking from experience, TLD and Dainese are great, excellent fit, very comfortable, light with nicely though out features. POC is next on my shopping list to replace my TLD D2 Carbon.

rantway

What make of full face some of the guys are wearing in the seasons dvd there helmets are well vented

I guess you are looking at Matt Hunter and Darren Berrecloths lids – Specialized Deviant.

jedi

i hated the feel of the deviant when i got it on.

rj
    Free Member

The Deviant's a bit funny size-wise. The 661 has mesh over the vents to stop jaggy stuff stabbing you in the head.

solamanda
    Free Member

The deviant I tried fitted badly and the one I saw crashed badly didn't result well for the wearers chin. I don't think they're upto the job of a proper full facer.

Last time I bought a lid I researched well, tried on a few and settle on a Bell drop. There is no such thing as a 'well' vented full facer that will actually do its job IMHO.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

If anyones after a "THE" carbon in medium, step into my office

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Having had a look at a POC and knowing they try to minimise rotation then go for one. Not vented and expensive but exudes quality

grantway
    Free Member

Dont have a budget MisterGnar Just found when out
    and having to pedal up or from place to place,section to section
    that the,The One gets like a hot tub BUT Great Helmet.

TandemJeremy Not really sure about POC more designer to me when
    looking at there stuff, not known anyone to have it.
    Most people go for Troy Lee or 661 basically what the pros
    try and tested.

Deviant have tried that and no idea what they was trying to make
    there. found the adjustable disc digging the back of my head.

jedi whats this about leasons ?

dogmatix

I've got a the older 08 661 carbon and it is super light and I haven't had a problem with feeling too hot in it. The newer ones are meant to be even better. For a wild card apparently the new lazer mtb dh lids (as worn by matti lehikoinen) are meant to be super vented. Not the trendiest of lids if thats your thing.

Reluctant
    Free Member

I've got a few of these left, red or blue, med and large 😉
    661 Strike – contact details in profile.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Grantway – to answer one of your original questios, the helmets you reference in Seasons are most likely to be Specialized Carbon Deviants. A lot of the collective are sponsored by Spesh.

FWIW having had numerous TLDs and currently a THE Composite, I can't say that either is better vented than the other. The liner in THE, as perhaps you've found out, nothing like as good as the TLD ones; the silk around the foam has all started to fray and come away from the foam.

jam-bo

any decent full face is gonna heat up if you wear it for climbing in.

take it off and hang it on the bars like everyone else.

jedi

grantway, i do skills coaching for cycling.click my name on profile

grantway
    Free Member

Thanx geetee 1972

jam bo I dont ride up hill with it on but its the riding to the next
    sections when you have to have the helmet on which is my moan.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘I Need A New Full Face Helmet’ is closed to new replies.