Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • I need a new bike bag – recommendations?
  • ChrisL

I’ve just got a new 29er. It’ll be jetting off with me to Bike Village at the end of August. My old bike bag’s wheel bags don’t look like they’ll cope with 29″ wheels and the bag itself will probably struggle with a bike whose wheelbase is significantly longer than its predecessor’s, so I need a new bike bag.

What would you all recommend? I quite like the look of this one from CRC but at this stage that’s a fairly unscientific opinion, rather than anything considered.

lardman
    Free Member

I have the CRC one you linked to. Its a good bag. Perfectly able to protect bike, coming as it does, with axle spacers and compartments for wheels etc:

Only used it once so far, and i managed to stuff loads more spares/tyres/clothes/tools in there too.
    I put a long travel 26er Enduro in there and it fitted no problem. Not sure if 29er wheels would go into the wheel compartments tho. Might be a Q: for CRC.

I did kind’o lean at an annoying angle, but this is likely to be the way i packed it, rather than the bags fault.

ChrisL

Thanks for that. Is there any chance you could give it a measure to estimate what sort of wheelbase length it can handle? CRC list the external dimensions but I don’t know how much of that is taken up by the bag’s exterior and padding.

strawb3110
    Free Member

Not bag related, but have a great time at BV, I’ll be there shortly after you, 4th year running, love it!

ChrisL

strawb3110 – Member
    Not bag related, but have a great time at BV, I’ll be there shortly after you, 4th year running, love it!

This is my fourth visit too, though mine haven’t been consecutive (last one was 2011). Enjoy your trip!

warns74
    Free Member

ChrisL – appreciate they’re not the cheapest option but I’ve had two XL Stumpy FSR 29ers and both fitted in my Evoc bag with no issues. I see you are also on an XL 29er so you should be fine, (if you want to spend that much of course).

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘I need a new bike bag – recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.