Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • I need a camera and a video camera
  • eulach

Could you recommend a 200-300 pound point and snap family camera? It needs to be small, sturdy and give good quality pictures without messing around with settings – at the most switch to night or action mode. I had a brilliant Cannon Ixus that survived 4 holidays on the beach, being dropped off a balcony and a dive to the bottom of a lake but the processor on the replacement model was distinctly lacking.
    Also video – anything better as an all rounder than a go pro? For sports, snorkelling, days out – again family stuff not professional. Thanks, STW.

bigG
    Free Member

For point and shoot family holiday snaps I use my iPhone more than anything else these days. I’ve got a Sony compact and a DSLR but to be honest these days I hardly use them. Now that the iPhone is waterproof I didn’t mind taking it in the pool for some action shots.

For video I’ve recently bought a refurbished go pro hero session from eBay. Its small and robust enough to let the kids run around with it and drop it in the pool/ sea / river / muddy puddle etc with a floaty handle on it.

Quality of pics and video from both are more than sufficiently good in my opinion.

eulach

Thanks bigG – an iPhone could be an option, what models do I need to look at? And will it fit into the 300 quid budget?

andy8442
    Free Member

A used Go Pro Hero 5 or above, but a compact? there’s just too many to choose from.

rickmeister

Try something from the Lumix TZ range.. but the waterproof mobile phone is a good shout.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘I need a camera and a video camera’ is closed to new replies.