Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 132 total)
  • I N L A W S !
  • Drac

Yeah someone mentioned that the other day but Big Bang got lots wrong.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Our day was pretty peaceful, just the two of us. Lie in, nice brake, pressies, walk, lunch then a nap on the sofa.

We’ve been away the last few years for Christmas Day door the last few years so thought we’d be antisocial this year! We are going to her mum and dad’s today who I quite like but her drop out, sum bag leech of an uncle is turning up later on. Great. I can’t stand that man.

It does mean a second Christmas dinner though and some beer though!

BigJohn

We spent a bit of time at home, a bit of time at sister in laws, a nice walk with family then brother’s for late dinner with all my side of the family.

The TV was on for about 7 seconds in total. We all talked, laughed and had a great time.

tomaso
    Free Member

I was out of the food arrangements, but sympathise with interfering in laws but you need to be blunt and tell them f off out your kitchen and to enjoy your hospitality. Give no quarter or for ever be burdened.

My in laws always insist on brining their own food and I find it an insult. If they are coming to t yours its for your food and company… But it can be like banging your head against a brick wall.

Late last night after too much vino my wife and her sister got the knives out and dug up some old skeletons. Its been a frosty morning with strained relations!

I just want to go and ride my bike!

anagallis_arvensis

**** hell, they are still here!

franksinatra

We managed dinner with only two mildly racist and one “He’s a gay” comment which by the standards of previous years is pretty good going.

We had one of some homophobic chat from the MIL so I chose the DVD to watch, went for Behind the Candelabra, the mothership of man love movies. They lasted 15 mins before clearing off to the campervan in disgust!

tomaso
    Free Member

I am hoping to escape before darkness!

binners

Since getting divorced, I no longer have the joyful opportunity to spend Christmas listening to an endless stream
    Of Daily Mail inspired, we’re-all-going-to-hell-in-a-hand-cart nonsense, from the pinch-faced joyless old trout. All delivered with a look of lemon-sucking withering contempt for the lefty waster her daughter inexplicably married. While the F-I-L tried to drink himself into complete oblivion (without her noticing, and subsequently tutting and glaring disapprovingly) as the only way to cope with it, short of murder

Oh how I miss it!

BoardinBob

Never mind the in-laws, at breakfast this morning my mother described someone as a “negro girl” 😯

Scapegoat

mindmap3 – Member
    Our day was pretty peaceful, just the two of us. Lie in, nice brake, pressies, walk, lunch then a nap on the sofa.

See, there’s Hope yet……..

Scapegoat

Ia appears I have been “difficult”. MIL has been repeating all the village gossip, and I just had to interject, didn’t I? Apparently a new housing development has been built together with the now customary “affordable Prescott houses” which have been bought by a housing association.

“The Police are always there now, they’re all doing drugs.”
    “Makes a change, last year they were all moaning they never see a copper.”
    “One of them was on next door’s shed roof.”
    “I’m not surprised if they’re all on drugs”
    “He was running away from the police.”
    “Oh. I thought you meant the police.Haven’t got any tramadol left over have you? The codeine’s wearing off.”

My shins are bruised a bit.

pocketrocket
    Free Member

Spent Christmas Day with the wife’s entire family (16 of us) at a fishery near Bridgenorth.
    It started with a treasure hunt for the kids In the woods before dinner and then everyone sat in the cafe attached to the fishery for Dinner, first time I’ve ever eaten Christmas dinner in my wellies!
    There wasn’t a cross word between anyone, and all had a great day.

Off to my sisters now for round two!

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just off to the inlaws, fil is good value and likes a beer and mil is funny. Even more fortunate tho is my sis and bro in law are two of my best friends so it should be a good laugh!

mightymule
    Free Member

I don’t have in-laws, as the OH’s mother is long dead, and the father is a complete piece of dog turd so we have no contact with him ever.

We go to my parents, but fortunately they are brilliant – the OH always insists that we stay the night there, so I guess they make pretty good in-laws 😀

wrightyson
    Free Member

Can you post from Instagram mobile?

tomaso
    Free Member

I have escaped Satan’s Lodge and glad to be home!

postierich
    Free Member

Had the inlaws since the 23rd they go home on the 28th I have had to bite a few fingers my MIL hates me with a passion and the feeling is mutual. Wife is trying to get them to move closer!!!! father inlaws a good sort and dotes on his missus so I,m treading a fine line!

robdob
    Free Member

You think you’ve all got it bad do you?

Think again! I’ve had PeterPoddy and Mrs Peterpoddy here since Christmas Eve!!! 😯 😉 😉 😉

(PP is my brother).

To be fair though, they did bring home brew beer and copious amounts of cake to ease the pain…. 😉 😉 And a good time was had by all. 😀

coolhandluke
    Free Member

In laws still at Coolhandluke Towers

Me mrs Coolhandluke and our daughter went up to my mums and spent the afternoon there along with my sister.
    MiL and FiL were invited but chose not to bother.

We had a fine time and returned to find the MiL not talking to anyone of us or her husband.

We’ve no idea what’s got to her and we don’t care either, especially after she left the diner table part way through the meal to go upstairs to watch her precious soaps.

Mrs Coolhandluke is not pleased with her mum.

BigJohn

I spent yesterday baking ciabatta, baguettes, a salmon stuffed with currants, baked in home-made puff pastry and cooking a ham. All in preparation for the entire families (bout 25 in total) descending on us for boxing day evening.

TV didn’t go on at all, Part of the entertainment was a splendid playlist on Spotify (chill acid jazz marc, if you want to check it out) plus other music in a couple of the other rooms, silly games and good conversation. And much laughs.

Sister in law dropped what seems like a pint of red wine over a brand new pale hall carpet – but hey, who cares? Nights like that are what make life worthwhile.

anagallis_arvensis

THEY HAVE GONE!!!!!

Bunnyhop

I like the in-laws, they too are from Wigan. But hubby and myself (no children) laid down the law that its better we have just a couple of hours for visiting over the festive period. Think we are lucky.e

GavinB

Classics of this year are: slagging off kids with SEN, slagging off people with disabilities, Muslims, homosexuals, Alex Salmond, ‘dago’ footballers…and then when I thought it couldn’t get any worse he started on road tax, taking an unusual line, which was that all cyclists should pay 10 times what cars pay, ‘cos of the inconvenience they cause (he knows fine we all ride bikes).

And breathe…

GavinB

Whoops double post

ahwiles
    Free Member

i can’t say enough good things about my inlaws. I’m not too happy about going home if i’m honest.

cycling angle: my sister in law went to school with Mrs Wiggins.

wiggles
    Free Member

My FIL lives on his own and can’t cook what so ever, we have driven for 2 and a half hours with 2 small Children to be presented with a semi defrosted big lump of Turkey to cook (expecting me or the missus to do it) for tea after 6pm 🙄

Already been to the shops and for a walk to get away… Had to leave when a conversation started about the frequency of bin collection.

wiggles
    Free Member

Oh and he hasn’t even got the kids anything… I don’t expect people to spend loads if they don’t have much money, but not even a card, £1 toy or selection box or something.

Happily excepted the present the missus bought him though.

myti
    Free Member

Is his name Ebenezer?

wiggles
    Free Member

No he isn’t that bad just certain things really wind me up. Lives on his own all kids grown up and moved out. Yet he never drives down to see his daughter, I have to drive all of us down to him because he apparently can’t afford it. He earns more than me and I support 2 children and a missus on just my income.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Mine go first thing tomorrow!

We had a lovely spag bolag tonight but MiL sat in the lounge, on her own, eating cheese on toast as she won’t eat anything remotely foreign.

Miserable cow.

Yesterday I asked if they had any plans to take their grand daughter out, FiL suggested a run to Southport but MiL said she couldn’t be bothered! 😯 really, what is the point in visiting for a week if you just sit there doing “word search”

I took the girl swimming instead, then we went for a bike ride.

stewartc
    Free Member

Reading all this I think I may be blessed that my in-laws speak limited English and my Cantonese amounts to asking for food and saying thank you, which is lucky as I like my inlaws and the MiL is a great cook.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I get to go home today, I think I’ve had enough of the TV volume being on “max out” and the heating being only a coal fire and an ancient Aga… They are wonderful people, very warm and caring but bicker like two ferrets and the only rest bite you get from that are when the nephews are around. You can’t have a decent conversation with them without it turning into a debate, not even gentle chit chat..
    So off I go, me the bike the van and MrsBouy back down South. I’m looking forward to blasting out some tunes, heating on full, TV volume on 4 on surround sound and watching some cartoons and riding my bike back on the coast.
    Despite Yorkshire being a truly wonderful county to ride in, it’s too bloody cold, just too bloody cold for me. Apparently we’re back here in Feb, I may just send MrsBuoy up on her own for that endeavour… That might not go down too well.

jekkyl

You’re up early Mrbouy!? Despo to get home eh.

bikebouy
    Free Member

😆 yup

coolhandluke
    Free Member

She’s gone she’s gone she’s gone and she’s taken her miserable cloud with her,

Coolhandluke house, cheerful state back up and running.

Mrs Coolhandluke gave a little Irish jig as they drove away and vowed we’d be going away next year.

wiggles
    Free Member

I realise nobody gives a s*** but I need to rant in this thread or I will punch someone.

Yesterday the house was boiling hot I couldn’t sleep… Now it is so cold my feet are numb. He has said “I hope you don’t have those stupid lights on your bike like most idiot cyclists”

And I’m chauffeuring everyone around so can’t even drink.

piemonster

The potential ones have just arrived. I’d be annoyed if it wasn’t for the fat Christmas cheque.

wiggles
    Free Member

Lucky you! 😛

I’m currently cooking for everyone (the food I had to drive to the shops to buy myself) as otherwise we would all be starving as apparently a price of cheese and 2 microwave meals is sufficient stock in a house.

edlong
    Free Member

We live 10,000 miles from the in laws. Not by accident.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Christmas day 2.. *goes back to bathroom cabinet for handful of opiates again.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 132 total)

The topic ‘I N L A W S !’ is closed to new replies.