Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • I must be getting old, I have just bought…
  • bigbadbob
    Free Member

…a Mucky Nutz XL Bender Fender mud guard.
    I have slagged off so many people in the past for having such things. I feel a fraud.
    Next I will be saying “Oh, those shoes look comfy.”
    Please, hopefully this is not the end for me…

tmb467
    Free Member

keeps the mud of my stantions wonderfully well

z1ppy

you’ll still need a crud catcher (or copy) under the down tube to get decent protection.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I opened this expecting a Porsche Boxster…

cakefacesmallblock

Yep. It’s the end !

I only know this because I spent a couple of hours on Sunday, cobbling together an old Crud rear mudguard, an old seatpost clamp and a variety of black plastic bits cut from an old container, to make something to keep the clart off my backside and dropper post.
    Worked a treat out on muddy trails yesterday. Dry arse, dropper post still drops and no clag round the wiper seal on my dropper post at all. Looks ridiculous, but, hey, I’m 50 odd 😉

legend
    Free Member

Not sure why putting something on the bike to keep mud out of your eyes is an issue. Turn up to any DH race and you’ll see loads of them

wwaswas

Turn up to any DH race and you’ll see loads of them

All the people in vets and super-vets use them 😉

Northwind

Everyone knows getting sheep shit and gravel in your eyes is cool, you’ve got to be an idiot to use a mudguard.

(I reckon a lot of the anti-mudguard nonsense comes from people who’ve used front crudcatchers and discovered they’re butt-ugly and do almost nothing. But the muckynuts are a different kettle of fish)

z1ppy

I’d agree… but you still need both (or a neoguard and crud) to get decent front end coverage

dmorts

The way I see the mudguard debate is:

If you want to ride in muddy/winter/crap weather often (few times a week) mud guards make a lot of sense as you have to clean your clothes and bike much less…. they can fall off, break etc, look rubbish but I think the pros beat the cons

If you’re a weekend warrior who goes out for 1-2 hours every so often then you can probably cope without and look gnar after a ride, being covered in mud head to toe and having borderline hypothermia.

Northwind

z1ppy – Member

I’d agree… but you still need both (or a neoguard and crud) to get decent front end coverage

Don’t agree tbh, if you want proper front coverage you should just get a proper guard, shockboard or similiar. With a crud + muckynuts it’s still the muckynuts that’s doing all the hard work ime

Harry_the_Spider

I’ve got one. It works well.

xcgb
    Free Member

you’ll still need a crud catcher (or copy) under the down tube to get decent protection.

+1
    I used my XL one on sunday still got muck in my eyes

z1ppy

With a crud + muckynuts it’s still the muckynuts that’s doing all the hard work ime

yes but the point of a front mudguard (yes shockboards are much better & do they same job of both) is to keep mud out of your eyes, & it the crud catcher that does this IMO, as mud coming straight up from the back of the wheel (when turning) is the worst culprit

wiggles
    Free Member

Fitted an XL and a rear mucky nuts guard…. mostly for the commute rather than out on the trails. Doing a good job so far

honourablegeorge

Northwind – Member

(I reckon a lot of the anti-mudguard nonsense comes from people who’ve used front crudcatchers and discovered they’re butt-ugly and do almost nothing. But the muckynuts are a different kettle of fish)

I spent YEARS as a kid refusing to put mudguards on my bike, and arguing the issue with my parents. I struggle to admit now, even if it’s only to myself, that they may have had a point.

townydc
    Free Member

I think they look the nutz……….

I have one on my Anthem and trance, does a good job on both bikes along with a crud.

kedmun
    Free Member

I ride off-road 3-4 times a week throughout summer and winter – I couldn’t live without my mud guards (crud catcher rear + shock board front) in winter, I’d have to wash my bike clothes more than once a week! Not to mention taking a face horse/sheep/cow cr*p too! Wear them wi

kedmun
    Free Member

I ride off-road 3-4 times a week throughout summer and winter – I couldn’t live without my mud guards in winter (crud catcher rear + shock board front), I’d have to wash my bike and bike clothes more than once a week! Not to mention taking a face full of horse/sheep/cow/dog cr*p too! Makes so much sense.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Ar, winter, time for function over form.

Neoguard & a rear guard for me. Could probably use a downtube crud as well TBH.

lucien

cbmotorsport – Member
    I opened this expecting a Porsche Boxster…

POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

Or a tale of a mail order bride…….

Back on topic, I’ve bought and fitted these Mud Huggers and they are big, bulky, solid, look grim and much cheaper than new bike bits, new kit, new washing machine and a new wife 😮

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I spent YEARS as a kid refusing to put mudguards on my bike

^ THIS ^ …always this. Mudguards in any form are lame-o ass-cheese*
    * in my humble-at-your-service-sir opinion.. 😉

epicyclo

I’m going to make a Kickstarter project for my new invention.

Doggydoo Face Cream, so the fender fashionistas won’t need to sully their bikes (or even actually ride) to get that sought after odour wafting around their face, lips and eyes when they’re off the bike.

There will also be compressed tablets to put in the wash so their clothes can benefit too.

VanMan
    Free Member

I’ve just fitted the Mucky Nutz Butt fender, goes on the saddle rails, off out tonight to see if it works. Got fed up with the Cycraguard rear hitting the tyre on descents.

Northwind

z1ppy – Member

yes but the point of a front mudguard (yes shockboards are much better & do they same job of both) is to keep mud out of your eyes, & it the crud catcher that does this IMO,

Nah, it’s the mud that gets flung forwards that you get in your eyes- tyre flicks it up, you ride into it. Mucky Nuts sorts that.

z1ppy

I’d still say both, but the back being the worst offender as it can shoot up underneath glasses, that stop the stuff from the front, but you allowed you opinion, unlike N_E_D 😉

cakefacesmallblock

For me, maybe the best thing about ( to use that once a year mag term) winterising your bike, is taking it all back of again in April to reveal the lean, as marketing intended, steed, you once bought.;-)

Cheezpleez

Mudguards make sense. Unfortunately I have none. I don’t consider myself a bike tart but mudguards are the one thing I can’t bear to put on my bike no matter how well the work

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘I must be getting old, I have just bought…’ is closed to new replies.