Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • I missed this paint job……….
  • LardLover
    Free Member

I always thought I’d get another Cotic, it’s just taken me about 12 years.

And if I was going to get another then I was going to have the same paint job done as the last one I had.

A mahoooosive thanks to Kevin Winter for doing such an amazing job. Last time I had this paint job it was done by Argos Cycles, cost nearly twice as much and despite being good, wasnt as good as Kevin’s (imho).

A big thanks to Jen Green Headbadges also. After getting her to make me the first ever sterling silver headbadge for my then Cotic there was no way I wasn’t going to ask her to make me another.

Can’t wait to finish the build.

kelvin

More photos required.

PJM1974
    Free Member

That’s lovely.

We do need more pics!

letmetalktomark

I recall nearly buying your Soul  painted this way a good few years ago ….. Still have the pics somewhere.

is it easy dealing with Jenn

Look forward to more pics

LardLover
    Free Member

Cheers.

Will sort some more pics tomorrow (I’m out drinking away the cash I could have been using on parts for the build…..bugger).

letmetalktomark – couldn’t be easier dealing with Jen. There’s certainly cheaper around but after paying Jen to make the mould years ago it was a no-brainer, I want to rebuild the bike I loved.

P20

Looking forward to this. I can remember your original. Kev is a genius

mrjmt
    Free Member

Looks great, perhaps you could commission some mint sauce cuff links too?

Andy

Was it Jen Green who did the mint sauce jewellery mrjmt? I didnt think she was anything to do with that?

Really looking forward to pictures Lardlover!

(I had a Kona headbadge made by Jen – lovely work)

mrjmt
    Free Member

Dunno, just reminded me of it

Andy

Well, perhaps no need for the comment then.  🙂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Is that the same Kevin Winter who built frames for Donohue Cycles in Bishop Auckland?

Cos if it is he built my old HT in 1990 for Denton Cycles in Newcastle when he was doing frame work for a company called Fleet Engineers in Trimdon, Co. Durham.

It’s a frame I’ll never ever get rid of.

P20

Yes it’s that Kevin Winter. He’s built Fleet, Donohue and I think Ferrous. I’ve never had a frame made for myself, but my best mate has a couple. I’ve had some resprays and they’ve been fantastic

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’d love Kev to build me another frame. My old Fleet (AKA, Trusty Rusty) is a proper Triggers brush, with the only original tubes being the RH seat & chainstays. I think It’s in It’s Mk 7 guise now bu still my ‘go to’ bike!

Merak

Is it pink?

Poopscoop

That head badge is fantastic!

Can I be rude and ask how much it was roughly?

From what I can see the colour looks great too bud! Is it a new frame?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘I missed this paint job……….’ is closed to new replies.