Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)
  • I might be about to buy an Audi…….
  • dantsw13

Cheers – I’ll have a look at them

huggis
    Free Member

So you had a volvo? What is the main reason to change? I had an xc60 for 7 years, prior to that had 3 Audi’s which I kept for 3 years each until finance was paid. Never really liked them to be honest. Now have the new V90 CC, ex demo. Fully loaded and quite nice (my opinion of course).

huggis
    Free Member

…can’t we post images any more?

dantsw13

Huggis, purely price. The old XC90 (last of the old shape, £12k off list, still £470/month PCP for 15k/yr. The A6 is £360 for 20k miles. A new shaped XC90 would be £600+. There is no A6 equivalent for anywhere close to that price.

I’ve also had a promotion af work, involving more driving. At the moment, I drive to work in my battered old 55 plate Hyundai Tucson (manual, underpowered) the Volvo stays with the wife for kids/dogs and we use if for family longer runs. I fancied something a bit nicer to spend a lot of time in.

We may well end up with an Xc60 too if I can persuade the boss.

dantsw13

I liked the V90, especially the CC. It’s very long – longer than my XC90! My work car park spaces aren’t huge. Plus……. more expensive on pcp .

huggis
    Free Member

Well if you’re driving more miles you might miss the volvo seats! I could rarely go more than an hour in the Audi before needing a break, the volvo I can drive until I need to refuel! The V90 is a longer car so does take getting use to..but not any longer thank an xc90 I guess.

I got mine in PCP for £282 month, D5 with every add on (active chassis, panoramic roof, bowers and Wilkins stereo etc.). I found a huge difference in price between dealers for nearly new. Worth shopping around and traveling to get the right car.

huggis
    Free Member

…remember to negotiate on the PCP rate also not just the price. I think I managed around 5.8%.

dantsw13

That’s a good price! I found pcp on used cars pretty expensive, bizarrely, many rates over 10%. 3.9%APR on the A6.

Surprisingly, the V90 is 5cm longer than my XC90!

with regard to comfort, I agree Volvo was very good. I’m finding that higher spec’d models tend to be more “sporty” with stiffer suspension & larger wheels (thinner tyres!). A good spec lower model will tend to be comfier. My A6 has a decent spec ( leather, heated seats, tech pack, connectivity, satnav, elec boot, digital drivers display) and has smaller wheels ( better economy, more comfortable ride) comfort seats, and the dynamic chassis, rather than the sports version on the S-line.

huggis
    Free Member

ah- ok should have read the entire thread..seems you’ve bought the car already. sounds good and hope you enjoy

dantsw13

Ta – always good to hear opinions though – I’m sure there’s plenty of other car buyers reading.

I was very close to getting a Volvo (options from V60cc/xc60/v90cc) but the deals on the A6 were just too good.

johndoh
    Free Member

Re XC60s – no idea if there are any hanging around anymore, but I got an outgoing model  4WD R-Design diesel manual for £1500 down and £250 a month over 3 years on 8,000 miles a year (took delivery of it last September).

jambalaya
    Free Member

I always found ny A6 very comfortable. 3+ hours eqch way to Wales/Peak District for riding, numerous solo drives 10 hours to Alps etc

shuhockey
    Free Member

I’ve seen this on Pistonheads –
    https://www.lease-hub.co.uk/

Not letting me post a link but 2L petrol auto Volvo V90 R Design is £167.99 + VAT on a 6+23 with 5k miles.

Works out at £5,846 for the lease plus £295 charge so £6,141 all in – about 16% of retail price

On the website, select:

Volvo

Then select V90 Estate (do not select V90 DIESEL ESTATE OR V90 ESTATE) as its only the V90 Estate in lower case letters that gives you the petrol deal.”

matt_outandabout

^ the 5k miles is the issue. That is 61p per mile, before fuel and insurance. 😮

jambalaya
    Free Member

What @Matt says. If you buy a new car with the intention if doing 5k mikes a year you are a bit nuts (I average less than that in my car so I can confirm its economically  nuts even owning it for 11 years)

dantsw13

Jondoh – was that new, just old model? Very good deal if so.

dantsw13

An expensive few days!

A6 Estate ordered for me direct from Audi, and the missus has just ordered a new Volvo XC40 – through Ling!! The new First Edition, 250BHP petrol auto, absolutely fully loaded, was cheaper than most of the lower spec models. Lease costs are bonkers sometimes. A mid range A3 Quattro – what she first wanted, was another £100/month.

bikebouy
    Free Member

The new XC40 is very nice, I didn’t want to wait if it’d been out when I came to change I’m pretty sure I’d have ended up with one.. not a petrol though.

dantsw13

The petrol one is 250 Bhp! Most of her driving is local, so petrol made sense for her. My Audi will be the mile muncher and that’s a Tdi

Viewing 19 posts - 121 through 139 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘I might be about to buy an Audi…….’ is closed to new replies.