Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 139 total)
  • I might be about to buy an Audi…….
  • dantsw13

My XC90 pcp deal is nearly up. I’ve been looking around and very interested in the Skoda range, from Kodiaq/Karoq to Superb/Octavia.

But…………

The current prices on an A6 estate are insane! £10k off list, making it £360/month for 20k miles/year. Leather, heated seats, elec boot, tech pack. Sat in one today, and it was very nice!

Yay or nay?? Anybody got one

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yay.
    Is it the Allroad ?

Still Yay anyway.

jamj1974

Really liked mine (2012 3.0TDI S-Line Quattro). Was reliable, call comfortable and are long motorway journeys for breakfast. Criss-crossed continental Europe a few times and it was totally hassle free.

The reason for the deals at the mo is that the current model is due to be replaced and so they want to clear current stocks. If that doesn’t bother you – go for it!

Cougar

Not to answer your question exactly, but is this of any interest?

http://www.simpsonsskoda.co.uk/pch-offers/

(Only, it’s what I went for last month.)

dantsw13

To get up to 20,000 miles /yr it would be more than my A6!

Bikebuoy – no standard Avant SE executive tech pack.

JamJ – yes, I did similar with my XC90 – 12k off list with that due to a new model!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Still Yay from me.

Nice cars.

highpeakrider
    Free Member

PCP for how many years and what’s the optional payment to buy?

iainc

Yay, I did similar in March on an A6 Avant Quattro. Just been out playing in the snow 😀

fatmax

dantsw13 – I’m tempted, where’s the deal?

dantsw13

4 years, 10k final payment.

dantsw13

Fat max – via Carwow. Best deal for me was Bexley Audi, but lots offering good deals. APR is 3.9% which is 2% lower than my old deal.

jamj1974

JamJ – yes, I did similar with my XC90 – 12k off list with that due to a new model!

Good! Enjoy it.

CHB

Links? (or is that lings?)

mikertroid
    Free Member

This would be good:
    Audi A6 Estate

Ticks all the boxes 8)

matt_outandabout

LD of this parish has one. It’s a very nice place to sit, quiet and seems to hustle along nicely.

Alex

I drove one in December when I was looking for a new estate. Deals were fantastic (also on the A4 which I preferred – dunno why). It’d eat motorway miles, is big and practical, comfortable and nice to drive. I didn’t buy one in the end, but I certainly wouldn’t have regretted doing so.

drnosh
    Free Member

I went from an A6 Avant S-line to a Volvo XC60 just recently.

I’m actually much happier with the Volvo. Better ride, more comfortable seats, including positive comments from family passengers, better cabin space (The A6 was a big car, but small on inside space).

Have you driven the A6 yet?

notmyrealname
    Free Member

A friend of mine has gone for a similar deal on an A6 Avant. He went in to look at an A4 and the deal they were offering on a brand new A6 was about the same price as a 2 year old A4.
    Apparently there’s a new A6 coming out around September time so they’re doing some cracking deals on them as it’ll be about the only way to shift them.

bikebouy
    Free Member

New shape XC60 or the old one?
    If the old one I’d steer clear having owned one myself.

drnosh
    Free Member

New XC60. (Still waiting for first model teething troubles though 8O)

bikebouy
    Free Member

New ones are much nicer than my version 😀

dantsw13

Missus is going to get a new XC40.

angeldust
    Free Member

Life over? Go for a Skoda. Save yourself some money, it’s not like you care anymore.

Still got a bit of spark? Go for the Audi, and wear that smug face with pride. 😈

somouk
    Free Member

Life over? Go for a Skoda. Save yourself some money, it’s not like you care anymore.

The A6 will be cheaper on PCP anyway due to residual values.

I have an A6 and it’s a great car. If I could get an all road or another 3.0 TDI in a years time for good money I definitely would.

Bare in mind the new one is due very soon so dont hang around too much as the deals will dry up when the stock does.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I absolutely loved my A6 Avant Quattro – 2.7TDI with auto and paddles. Brilliant car. Wife got it in the divorce, still regret not keeping it (valuation £7k I recall). 110k mikes, 7 years old felt like a new car.

As an aside we went for a look round and drive in Karoq today – both petrol manual and diesel 4wd. Great package, a bit pricey in top trim and no petrol 4wd

IMHO Audi better quality by quite a bit but pricey when hitting the options list.

OP depends on model and engine spec, I am a bit old school and think the car needs a big motor

dantsw13

Thanks all, lots if interesting stuff. Jamba – I used to have an A3 3.2V6 Quattro, so know what you mean!!

brocks
    Free Member

Does it come with an indicator stalk thingy as well?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Late edit re Karoq

As an aside we went for a look round and drive in Karoq today – both 1.5tsi petrol manual and 2.0 diesel 4wd auto. Great package, a bit pricey in top trim and no petrol 4wd. Salesman (ok ok) said they sold 15 on the launch last weekend and there will be a waiting list. I can see why, great family and bike car with the removable seats and big boot, pretty quiet and refined. Some cheaper plastic on say door lowers but in top spec enough toys and Panoramic roof

We have been car shopping and was stunned at how pricey it would be to get a decent A4 Avant Quattro. Even a Q2 runs into mid 30’s, Q3 being significantly upgraded in late 2018 so not an option for me as I don’t want to buy a car which may feel dated quickly.

I would look into exactky what’s happening with the model, facelift – minimal vs major or more of a “redesign”

We all love an Audi review right 😉

[video]https://youtu.be/_pOTxoXR7-I[/video]

[video]https://youtu.be/T4jTr7zqi6g[/video]

paulneenan76
    Free Member

The A6 would be a great choice. For me, the new Karoq looks spot on but I’d be happy with a Passat, Superb, A6 or Karoq (won’t see good lease deals yet). Apparently the A6 is a bit dated inside and as a driver of the last generation of Passat, versus the latest models, it is old hat – but still great. I was in a new GTI Golf yesterday and the digital toys were a big step up from the older stuff. Think iPhone 8 versus 6.

dantsw13

Pauln – in that case a new old style A6 (??) is perfect for me as I still have an iPhone 5S 😀

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Or do what i did and get an e class. Even cheaper to lease than a a6. Premier plus has loadsa toys including an optionable retractable tow bar and spring loaded rear seats(they fold by pressing a button in the boot) making loading amd moving piles of stuff real easy.

bikebouy
    Free Member

E Class, damn fine choice too..

Hoff

In-laws & a friend have the E Class, really nice & bigger inside. I have a 2015 A6 Avant which has done 90k miles in 2.5 years & I can’t fault it.

Has lugged bikes, kids & camping gear around Europe. I’ve slept in the in the back with bikes & gear packed in there too.

Front & rear indicators still fully operational after lots of use…

rone

My Karoq is coming end of Feb . Was very cheap on lease. 300 quid down and 200 a month for SE Tech DSG. Could put more deposit down and lower monthly but why bother it does t affect the overall payment.

Sat in one the other day, nice improvement in the Yeti. Looks a bit drab generic on the outside.

GF has got a nice Kia soul EV coming on lease for a very good price given the new purchase price.

dantsw13

Rone – who was that through? Mileage?

deadkenny
    Free Member

brocks – Member
    Does it come with an indicator stalk thingy as well?

and a Drive Like A Dick button.

Gets you a permit to park where you like in Surrey Hills too 😀

[/audistereotypes]

dantsw13

From Mercedes website

Basic E estate.
    48 months 10000 miles/yr £6k deposit, £389/month

Audi A6 Se tech pack estate
    48 months 20000/yr £1k deposit
    £360/month

Audi deal MUCH better

johndoh
    Free Member

Audi tried to charge £1800 for a faulty coolant level sensor on my A6 3.0 Avant Quattro (just out of its 3 yr warranty).

I much prefer my new XC60 (old style).

dantsw13

I hate all main dealers, hence I will be paying the £500 for a 4 yr warranty.

My small local Volvo dealer is good, but the big one in Tonbridge are t@@@s!!

jambalaya
    Free Member

^^ my local Audi dealer where nothing short of criminal re fabrictaed work on my car. Worst being £2k for some sort of manifold misfunction which mysteriously appeared just afer a service. Local indy Merc place charged me £60 for reconnecting a control rod which had “fallen off” – I gave him a £100 and a massive thank you

Not all dealers as bad of course and I’d happily have another car. Friends with an S5 Convertible and S4 Avant use Indy as soon as cars out if warranty.

Dan if you have the parking space (I assume car comes with front/read sensors) and want to do long motorway trips the A6 is a great choice.

@rone enjoy the Karoq, I think its going to be a massive massive winner for Skoda. My wife won’t accept the badge (for me its a VW with a different badge and is much nicer inside than more expensive T-Roc) and insisted we can have a 2yr old GLA/X1 for less money than a new Karoq

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 139 total)

The topic ‘I might be about to buy an Audi…….’ is closed to new replies.