I met a STW-er in real life!

Home Forum Bike Forum I met a STW-er in real life!

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • I met a STW-er in real life!
  • Premier Icon fadda
    Subscriber

…and he was singlespeeding around Cwmcarn!

Good to meet you, and respect, cheezybeans (and company!)

robsoctane

Always wanted to do that! Did he have an Audi?

Premier Icon JoeG
    Subscriber

Impossible. He was on a bike. No one on here rides bikes!

deluded

Was he a holier-than-thou lefty conspiracy theorist asshat or an uber right wing nut job? We know forumites are either one or the other. 😀

Premier Icon fadda
    Subscriber

Rob – don’t know if he had an Audi, but I do, so we were at least at 50%…

I now know there at least 2 of us who ride bikes, and he actually was a thoroughly nice bloke. Although I was a bit jealous of his legs and lungs, riding stuff on a singlespeed that I was struggling with, with 27 gears! 😳

Premier Icon psling
    Subscriber

He’s not a real person you know, just the imaginary friend of a slightly built stonemason.

Premier Icon takisawa2
    Subscriber

I’ve met a few. All have been thoroughly spiffing chaps.

I’ve even met Ton! He’s awesome in personality as well as size! (but I think he’s shrunk a bit since) 😉

tazzymtb

I’ve met most of the ones I’d want to and they’re all top chaps and chapesses. Ride with a lot of ’em on a regular basis as well. Funnily enough none of the them are either hand wringing pinky leftos, or racist neo-nazis, just the decent ones inbetween, you know, normal folks (for single speederists) 😀

Premier Icon Rusty Spanner
    Subscriber

deluded – Member

Was he a holier-than-thou lefty conspiracy theorist…… Hellooooooo!
    I’ve met loads of people from here – they’ve all been nice, even Hora. 😀

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

i’ve met a few, some great, some very disappointing

Premier Icon takisawa2
    Subscriber

I’m sure I passed Tazzy one dark misty night, up by Marquis Drive, in a group of singlespeederistas, one on a pink scandal. And possibly outside Ye Horns one Tue night also.

robsoctane

Anyone met TandomJ? I really want to know why he’s not here now… I miss his posts 🙁

tazzymtb

I’m sure I passed Tazzy one dark misty night, up by Marquis Drive, in a group of singlespeederistas, one on a pink scandal.

yep the pink thing is owned by a beast called julian who is a scary little monster… If there was tattooed thing with huge amounts of metal work in it’s face and using language that would strip paint…that may have been me.

come riding with us Taki…….I’ll look after you.

deluded

In all seriousness – I know quite a few off here and ride with two – three regularly. All top people.

I’ve only ever brought my association with this forum up once with a rider on the trails that I’d just met and he looked at me as though I was something that had just fallen off the bottom of his shoe – so I’ve not been inclined to mention it since!

There’s a few on STW who I think would be a good laugh to hook up with.

Premier Icon ampthill
    Subscriber

Anyone met TandomJ? I really want to know why he’s not here now… I miss his posts

My thoughts

but he was banned

Many years ago I freaked a bloke in a cafe by knowing his name even though we’d never met.

But I knew from chatting to him on bikemagic that he had an M4 Specialized with Pace forks, a hope front disc but Magura rear rim brake. I though there can’t be too many of those…..

PeterPoddy

I must have met 50+ people off here now. Some for just a few seconds, some are now good mates.
    I’ve met at least one off this thread….. 🙂

PeterPoddy

…… I was once recognised by a STWer overtaking me on the M25 by my bike on the roof, and I met another as I recognised his bike as he finished an XC race….

Sad but true. 🙂

Premier Icon D0NK
    Subscriber

Many years ago I freaked a bloke in a cafe by knowing his name even though we’d never met.

ive introduced myself to several people who I’ve recognised from their blogs or here (well I’ve recognised their bikes normally 🙂 )
    Met quite a few people off of here, including TJ

Premier Icon ampthill
    Subscriber

Glad its not just me.

The rest of the family wanted to up my medication….

Premier Icon psling
    Subscriber

Over the last 10 years or so I’ve had the pleasure of being shown around various parts of the countryside by a number of people off here and I’ve taken great pleasure in showing quite a few STWers around my local area 8)

My big problem though is that I’m totally useless at recognising people or putting names to faces which coupled with being short sighted can cause me problems… 😳

Premier Icon CheesybeanZ
    Subscriber

Fadda ,good to meet you and the rest of the santacruz crew 😀 the big fella with us was Yetirose ,so you got a double whammy . i tried your breathing tip on the second lap – yep 1 in 1 out works a treat 😳

sambob

I’ve met a fair few and they’ve all been very pleasant, even that there Yunki from deepest darkest Dartmoor, a top guide 🙂

Premier Icon psling
    Subscriber

In fact, might have to organise a reunion ride early next year because I think March 2013 will be 10 years since we first did a STW FoD ride 8)

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

I went on 2 FoD ss stw rides

I_Ache

I’ve met a few and go riding regularly with a couple. May well be meeting a few more on Thursday nights Birmingham Street ride.

IHN

I’ve met loads of folks from this forum, and at least some of them I would class as ‘normal’. Well, normal-ish.

TJ is an absolute top bloke. I’ve met a lot of folk off of here. All but one have been relatively decent guys. The other guy was a proper tube.

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

I recognised his bike as he finished an XC race

I’m pretty sure he means “failed to finish an XC race” 😀

Sometimes they gather in their masses! Nearly all STWers (can you name any?!)

link to pic

Premier Icon binners
    Subscriber

TJ is indeedy a top bloke. As have been all the people of this parish that I’ve met. And its quite a few. I love the fact that people jump at the chance to show you around their local trails. You can’t put a price on local knowledge 😀

IHN

The other guy was a proper tube

Go on, spill… 🙂

I would spill if I could remember his name.

Premier Icon ton
    Subscriber

met a huge amount of folk off here, all have been nice people.
    one person i was a little dissapointed with, was sfb. he had a huge online persona, but when i met him for a ride, he merged into the background somewhat.
    still a very nice bloke tho…… 😀

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

Me coaching Jedi at swinley courtesy of DezB

swinley-7-2-06 By DezB by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

With added CG

Car Park faffing by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

Premier Icon cheese@4p
    Subscriber

Nobody will ever meet me.

No one will ever meet me either or even see me….. I’m a Ninja.

Premier Icon Drac
    Subscriber

What’s with all those cars at Swinley? It looks like Centre Parcs.

noteeth

I’m so awesomely fast, I frequently meet myself riding in the opposite direction.

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider
    Subscriber

Papa Lazarou was in the Queen’s Park in Heywood yesterday with his missus and kids. I was there with mine.

We said hello. We had some chips. I don’t think they did.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘I met a STW-er in real life!’ is closed to new replies.