• This topic has 53 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Kuco.
Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • I may have accidentally joined a cult.
  • MoreCashThanDash

But the Deepings aren’t in the fens!

We like to pretend they aren’t, but our house last flooded in 1953 like most of the rest of the Fens, so I’m saying your mum/sister/aunt is mistaken!

warton
    Free Member

we got ours just after Christmas. I was dead against it, but wanted a good indoor setup, and my wife wasn’t sold on Zwift / wattbike combo, and we wanted something we could both use.

It’s seriously good. quality is excellent, as it should be at that price, but i was expecting the worst. the power tests and subsequent power based workouts are good, and the HIIT and Hills sessions are brutal.

I’m Heatonstevie feel free to add me

TiRed

Not a huge amount of love for Peleton in “serious cycling” circles, but to be honest, you’re using it, enjoying it, and getting the benefits. Glad you are enjoying it. Just don’t hang your clothes on it! From a hardware perspective, they are pretty decent machines, a bit over-priced for what you could source elsewhere, but not much. From a user experience, they offer classes that Zwift and others do not – part of the attraction, no doubt. You can still run the odd Sufferfest video workout for some fun and laughs (they’re really good).

FuzzyWuzzy

Some replies seem to be in the context of the OP saying he’s done with outdoor cycling as Peloton is loads better – whereas he never said anything of the sort, get a grip muppets…

As for Peloton – I can see the appeal but it’s just too expensive for me, both the bike+ cost and the on-going content subscription. I also wonder how the ‘road feel’ of the bike+ compares with a £1k smart trainer (or £2k-ish smart bike), it’s just a pity you can’t ‘bring your own’ like with Zwift as the Peloton group session content looks pretty good (for those of us that need motivation :p ).

As it is I’m still umming and aahing getting a decent smart trainer and trying Zwift – pity you can’t easily do that on a 30 day trial like with Peloton though

TiRed

As it is I’m still umming and aahing getting a decent smart trainer and trying Zwift – pity you can’t easily do that on a 30 day trial like with Peloton though

The jump from dumb to smart trainer was hugely significant. If buying again, I’d probably go all in for a dedicated bike now. But I am a big fan of my KICKR.

I suspect it is only a matter of time before Peloton become a software and classes company who have a line in hardware. It must be part of their business model at some point.

mogrim

it’s just a pity you can’t ‘bring your own’ like with Zwift as the Peloton group session content looks pretty good (for those of us that need motivation

You can sign up to the app without owning the bike.

https://realfoodwholelife.com/selfcare/how-to-use-peloton-app-without-peloton-bike/

NJA

@colournoise If the Deepings aren’t in the fens how do you explain Deeping Fen, where the ploughing match is held, Langtoft fen and Baston fen, home of the national speed skating champs back in the old days when it got cold and wet enough to make a track.
    Western edge of the fens, but fens they are.

bfw

I have one, and its changed my riding in the year. If I wasnt such a pig I would be super slim 🙂

Is there a #singletrack tag? I will check, if not I will make one

Ferris

colournoise

If the Deepings aren’t in the fens how do you explain Deeping Fen, where the ploughing match is held, Langtoft fen and Baston fen, home of the national speed skating champs back in the old days when it got cold and wet enough to make a track. Western edge of the fens, but fens they are.

Hey, those of us from the real fens have precious little to be proud of, at least give us this… If it’s west or north of P-Town it ain’t fen. You yellowbellies find your own niche… 😜

dantsw13

My wife just bought a peloton- she’s riddden it more in a month than a real bike in her whole life!! Plus my daughter is too and she is too anxious/self conscious to ride outside.

I’ve done a few rides and will do an FTP test next week. There is a specific Powerzone training section with a proper pro-cyclist instructor (although I quite like some intervals with the eye Candy too!)

My missus does combined ride/yoga classes with them too.

It isn’t cheap, but cheaper than a gym membership she won’t use, and she’s got up at 7 every day this year to exercise before work.

It isn’t zwift, but it’s bloody good at what it does.

dannybgoode

Mrs D has zero confidence out on the roads or trails and has signed up to the Peleton app and uses a normal indoor exercise bike. 80% of the experience for a fraction of the cost and she enjoys it.

I lost all confidence on the road and didn’t have faith in my fitness so a good few training programs indoors in the turbo and I’m back out on the road but would not have got there without the indoor work.

I still like a turbo session as a change – can’t watch Netflix whilst out on the road and come next winter it’s what I’ll largely do as I prefer to be a fair weather cyclist 🙂

Different strokes for different folks and all that…

footflaps

There is a specific Powerzone training section with a proper pro-cyclist instructor (although I quite like some intervals with the eye Candy too!)

Yes, a friend’s strava feed is full of Peleton rides and the instructors all look in very good shape!

dudeofdoom

My wife said it was a good idea, it happened on the 21st December, right before Xmas she said it was a gift that we could both enjoy.

Isn’t this a flip of one of their adds 🙂

Kuco

I’ve got my Trek procaliber 6 set up on my trainer for zwift but it has got a 36t front ring fitted. Makes a great towel hanger.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘I may have accidentally joined a cult.’ is closed to new replies.