• This topic has 24 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Muke.
Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • I made a small Bullheart momento…what’s the concensus?
  • stumpy01

Now, first of all I realise what a sensitive subject this might be.

The other day while looking through the RIP Bullheart thread I thought that some people might like some kind of momento of Bullheart to take on rides with them; something to stick on a pack zip or somewhere on the bike, so he’s out there on the trails with people.

I’m not sure if this is a stupid idea or not, whether anyone would be interested or not. I am pretty sure it isn’t a disrespectful thing to do and I certainly mean no disrespect to his memory, his family and friends…

Anyway with the tip-toeing out of the way, I’ve always thought the Bullheart t-shirt logo was the perfect incarnation of his treatment so I modelled it up and printed it out to see what it looked like.

I don’t really know where I am going with this….the intention really was to get an idea if people are interested and I can print a load of them off and send them out.
    Obviously, if only 5 people want them then costs aren’t an issue. If a load of people want them I might have to ask for a small donation to cover postage and anything on top will end up being sent to charity…

I printed it all in one colour (and coloured the horns with a Sharpie) just to check the fit. Any I print properly will be printed in red and black.
    You can see how large it is in the pics – it’s quite a small thing. I didn’t want it too be cumbersome, but can scale it up if people think it needs it.

https://flic.kr/p/24ETZsk

https://flic.kr/p/2ebyc7b

Let me know your thoughts…

PS – I purposefully didn’t call it a keyring in the title after the Mint Sauce debacle….

sarawak
    Free Member

I didn’t know the guy, or anything about him, so I’m out of the loop on this. But I could use a couple of those so add me to your list. Cost/ultimate destination of any proceeds are up to you.

Pm me if it goes ahead.

jeffl

I’m up for this. Happy to pay some cash to cover costs / go to charity.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sturmeyarcher

Nicely done. I’m in.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Lovely sentiment. 💙

avdave2

I’m not sure if this is a stupid idea or not, whether anyone would be interested or not. I am pretty sure it isn’t a disrespectful thing to do and I certainly mean no disrespect to his memory, his family and friends…

I can’t imagine they’ll be anything other than touched and moved by what you have done.

timdrayton
    Free Member

Im in

stumpy01

OK, sounds like there might be some interest in this. Going to bed now, but will follow up tomorrow.
    I’ll need to get some split rings on order and will have a think about how best to proceed.
    I guess i can PM anyone who is interested, get address details and post them out once i think everyone who wants one has responded.

It’d be nice to be out riding somewhere in the future and see a Bullheart symbol flash past…!

bigblackshed

I’ll have one. I’ll cover postage and a donation to charity too.

theotherjonv

I’d have one on the zip of my pack……happy to pay costs plus postage, and then something into the Sarcoma fund as well.

Have PM’ed you

onehundredthidiot

Yep I’ll take a couple.

The bullheart blog and thread helped a couple of folk I know that got the news over the past couple of years.

fd3chris
    Free Member

Count me in please.

trap6
    Free Member

Good Job op!!
    Yes please.

sv

Great idea! I’m in – postage/donation, just post up when you need details/funds etc.

Gary_C

Yes please. Good idea!

Smudger666

I’m in – costs/donation as required.

fadda

I’m in – let me know what you need…

aide

Didn’t know Bullheart but like many followed his story. Would be interested in this too, keep me in touch please stumpy

stumpy01

Sorry for the slow update on this.

I have been contacted by a friend of Bullheart who would like to run it by his family and take into account the bigger picture regarding the logo and Bullheart’s legacy in general.

This was one of my concerns; that I might be jumping the gun a bit and bypassing those close to him.
    I’m sure it’s something that can be sorted out, but it might take a bit longer to get going than I had envisaged…

I’ll keep you all updated…

DezB
    Free Member

Hope it can be sorted, thats a nice thing (in all ways 🙂)
    I’ll have one if they’re all ok with it.
    sarcoma.org.uk was the charity we did the Bullheart rides for.

Muke
    Free Member

I know it’s a sensitive subject but any news on this happening ?

If so please add me to the list.

Having just started on a Cancer battle in the family and despite being told that it won’t have a happy ending I only hope that we can find the strength to put up a hell of a fight just like Mark did.

Love to all

**** Cancer

stumpy01

Muke

I know it’s a sensitive subject but any news on this happening ?

Hi.
    Sorry, but I was asked not to pursue this any further by a friend of Mark’s who got in contact with me.
    In fact, I meant to remove the images from flickr, that appear in my first post. I still need to do that.

I’ve been meaning to contact those who messaged me directly, but haven’t yet got round to it.

Having just started on a Cancer battle in the family and despite being told that it won’t have a happy ending

Sorry to hear this. My best wishes to your family.

trap6
    Free Member

No worries stumpy,it was a lovely thought.
    Muke Goodluck too you,best wishes too all.

singletrackmind

I would have had one, for a donation to charity ?
    I is confused

Muke
    Free Member

Sorry, but I was asked not to pursue this any further by a friend of Mark’s

That’s a shame as it was a nice tribute but fully support the family wishes.

Thanks also for the good wishes, it’s going to be a difficult journey that’s for sure.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘I made a small Bullheart momento…what’s the concensus?’ is closed to new replies.