• This topic has 59 replies, 44 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by geex.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • I love this guys commuting videos
  • geex
    Free Member

Meet SAFAbrian

zippykona

Is his obituary online anywhere?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Nob

matt_outandabout

Does he die at then end? Is that the ending?

Klunk
    Free Member

what gives with the arm weirdness ?

trailwagger
    Free Member

Lost interest as soon as he said “are you ready to make history?”

Bell end.

thepurist

Well I’m just glad he’s wearing a helmet.

stevied
    Free Member

Riding like a pair of ****..

geex
    Free Member

Been following Brian’s videos for 5 years since a bike courier/artist friend of a friend I used to speak to on FB back when I did that showed me a video of him descending into Mexico City. The guy has immense skill and judgement and I don’t see him or anyone else dieing anytime soon from his riding.

You may not agree with how he chooses to ride in his own country (with slightly different views on driving to yours) but calling him names is pathetic.

Might have known the only replies here would be from self rightous judgemental folk who haven’t even bothered to watch the entire video.
    To me it is beautiful to watch and in its own way sums up the freedom and pleasure riding a bike can give you.
    (he’s not actually commuting BTW. it’s a 50 mile out n back ride)
    Have a grumpy Christmas

nickc

Given Mexico city traffic is mostly stationary and there are people wandering about in the road, I guess it’s been filmed to make it look more dangerous than it actually is.

Still relying on some random car driver not being a dick though, putting your life in the hands of someone else isn’t my idea of skill

geex
    Free Member

@klunk arm weirdness? Do you mean fit lean strong forearms from riding bikes a lot at a high level rather than being a desk jockey with a penchant for a Greg’s?

convert

Might have known the only replies here would be from self rightous judgemental folk who haven’t even bothered to watch the entire video.

Pot, kettle much?

Much better production values to the vast majority of self filmed riding tat you find on the internet. But there is still plenty of bellendery on show there. I’m trying to work out if the cars at 14 mins are moving or completely static? The ‘are you ready to make history?’ smacks of a very little life or a mahoosive ego. Or both.

jamiesilo
    Free Member

no, he means the lumpy bit on the elbow of his right arm

Beagleboy

Nope, don’t like it. You can see for a lot of the traffic riding that he’s just whipping in and out of stationary traffic, but I switched it off when he did the same going against the flow. He was just being an irritating nobber then.

lister

It would be awful if someone opened a door on him. Proper Richard Head.

koldun
    Free Member

but calling him names is pathetic.

*cough*

funkmasterp

I thought this was a mountain bike forum. He’s riding one of those other bikes. Calling names might be pathetic, but post a video of a bloke riding like a **** and people are going to comment about it.

Very, very skilled riding, but still riding like a ****. He’s going to get doored at some point.

ton

what a **** idiot. if I was commuting and he came past me, and then got wiped out, I would go and laugh at him. ;o)

retro83
    Free Member

Reminds me of this one from back in the days when we filmed things on potatoes

tomhoward

Meh, would have been better if he hadn’t hit anyone (scooter, 21.19)

Is that (nsfw) passage at the start what you say to yourself in the mirror every morning?

w00dster

Good to watch to be honest and they do have some great bike skills. I get where Geex is coming from, but its not how I get my kicks riding. Each to their own.

fossy

Each to their own, so long as he has good insurance (although not sure how that might work if his insurer saw his videos – they check on-line).

Even riding carefully in traffic didn’t stop the badly broken spine I got on a residential street when a driver couldn’t be ar$ed to wait and drove through me. Fortunately, I had the NHS and good sick pay. I was out of work 7 months and almost a year before I was back full time.

I’ll watch it later – probably good fun though. Not judging !

rickonwheels
    Free Member

Amazing skills, it’s almost dreamlike to watch – aren’t bikes amazing! Surprised at how few confrontations there are weaving through motor traffic like that, and the fact that they are still alive.

Jakester
    Free Member

Yeah, total radness, sick, gnarly etc.

Those of you haterz are just not as rad has he or Geex are. Bet you ride with brakes and everything.

Embrace the shred, go large, send it, go big or go home.

Or something.

avdave2

I get where Geex is coming from

We all know that

al2000

Hypnotic.

martinhutch

Needs to sort his bar tape out.

trailwagger
    Free Member

Yeah well, hes not as cool as Kevin Bacon

Blackflag
    Free Member

How come ive never seen quicksilver? Need to sort that out sharpish!

DezB
    Free Member

Cam distortion innit

DezB
    Free Member

Maybe I should make a youtube channel of my boring commutes too. What a yawnfest.

funkmasterp

I dunno Dez, at least yours include wobbly is he going to die bits.

hot_fiat

I was trying to work out which was the more insane: the rider or the guy on the moped chasing him with the camera. At first I thought it was just a chase drone, but then at 20:51 they get waved through while filtering. Utterly bonkers.

DezB
    Free Member

at least yours include wobbly is he going to die bits.

Yeah, see! I got nearly 1000 views on that baby 😆

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I used the live in Mexico City, and occasionally commute! so that was actually a good watch. I lived further south though.

Obviously the silly macho filtering was bellendery but the bit through the massive cemetery was cool.

fossy

His luck will run out at some point, but that’s upto him. Probably quite soon if he squeezes between HGV’s. Could have done with a pumping soundtrack though.

spooky_b329

I stumbled across this video yesterday. The weird arms are because he is using a 360 camera (look at 1:10 to see the image pan around).

He may have skills and balls, but he is also a complete fruitloop, no rider with an ounce of self-preservation would take their feet off the pedals and speed through heavy traffic on a brakeless fixie, the only way he can slow down is using his feet on the rear tyre, he demonstrates this later on just before crossing the footbridge and you can see how slow the braking is!

sirromj

Do I get a prize for not reaching for my keyboard with a reactionary comment?

Quite enjoyed watching it. Nice atmospheric sounds, amazing views, so different to my commutes in almost every way. I like to play around a bit on my commutes too, but not traffic dodging like that. Couldn’t sustain that sort of pace either for twice a day five days a week, even if it was only twenty minutes each way, add the stress of the traffic… There again he probably feeds off that.

I only got ten views on this:

sefton
    Free Member

A saying my first head teacher used to tell us before we broke up for holidays springs to mind…if you have a fight with a car, the car will always win…and you will die.

Ok I added that last bit…but I fear he will ultimately get killed riding like that. I struggle to how anyone could argue against that.

…and for what, a bit of noise on YouTube.

matt_outandabout

I only got ten views on this:

You just had a 10% increase in viewers.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘I love this guys commuting videos’ is closed to new replies.