Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • I like the BMW X6
  • cynic-al
    Free Member

I'd never own one as that would be too silly…but I can't think of a better way of saying "**** off" on 4 wheels!

coffeeking
    Free Member

The X6 is horrible, but I do like the M6. I dont care what my car says, I buy them because I want them and because they make me happy, not for anyone else!

kiwijohn

You have a very limited imagination then. I think something that says Bentley or Rolls would be better.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ti_pin_man
    Free Member

freak.

… thats the car not you.

Konastoner
    Free Member

Can't see the point of it, and it's pretty damn ugly!

Sidney
    Free Member

Hideous and pointless car. Now the A5 or Merc CLS are a different matter…

rob1984p
    Free Member

Its fugly and surely a 335d (or whatever number their up to now) tourer is way better and cheaper. That been said if no manufacturer put their mad ideas into production, we wouldnt have had the espace, the mini or the suzuki x90 😕

KINGTUT
    Free Member

I like it too, lots.

sofatester
    Free Member

Oh dear.

BigDummy
    Free Member

It looks rather splendid in pictures. I've just got a hunch it will be annoying in person. 🙂

Stu_N

I saw one parked behind a low wall and it looked OK as you couldn't see how high and malproportioned it was. If you can see the full thing from wheels to roof it's plain frightening from all angles.

We saw one with a Karmann body kit on it last weekend – almost certainly driven by a footballer's wife and clear proof that money can't buy taste.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I can't think of a better way of saying "**** off" on 4 wheels!

I can.

cynic-al
    Free Member

The point is it's ugly and offensive to tree huggers like me but it's just done so well it looks great. All current beamers (1 series saloon perhaps aside) are so well proprtioned and styles. Audi's up there too now.

Bad taste for sure but way more offensive IMO than any Bentley or Roller.

I'd almost sell my 7 series for it if they did one with a bigger engine.

momo

Burn him, burn the heretic!

Free Member

chavtastic: http://kereta.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/bmw-lumma-design-4.jpg

You all know it is an absolutely abhorrent excuse for transport, serving no purpose other than the metaphorical willy waving.

I saw one in a motorway services, and can only echo the footballer wife comment, very cheap looking, very tacky and ostentatious.

The thing is, I don't know why – but I quite like it. I suspect its because I reminded of the bowler wildcat or whatever its name is.

cynic-al – Member

They've just brought out an M-version of the X5 and X6. I think they're around £80k/£90k.

Personally, I like the X5 and X6, but they are pretty pointless.

finbar
    Free Member

The point is it's ugly and offensive to tree huggers like me

???

cynic-al
    Free Member

I drive a £1K 1989 Eunos. It was a joke.

Can't imagine spending £90K on a car, even if I could. I'd never buy a SUV/4×4 either.

FuzzyWuzzy

I quite like the look of the M6, I'd never buy one and I can't see what niche role they fulfil but I don't think it's hideous (well not compared with the vast majority of other cars out there, e.g. anything made by Peugeot :p )

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

WHen I see a X6 or a Chrysler 300 I always think of small time gangsters.

Jimbo
    Free Member

Take an SUV, and give it coupe impracticality (small boot, limited height).
    Take a coupe, and give it SUV high CoG and compromised handling.
    Take a 4×4 and give it car-like off-road (in)ability.
    Add in a splash of vulgarity, an expensive badge, and you've…an X6. Huzzah!

What were those Germans thinking?

LenHankie
    Free Member

Love all the current BMW designs, they just look so right, especially the Z4 and the 3 series coupe is one of the best proportioned cars currently out there. But all the models with an 'X' in front just seem pointless and hideous to me. The X5 was naff enough, but the X6 just seems the epitome of horrendousness.

tonyplym
    Free Member

There's an X6 locally with the registration P 1 KEY . . . . quite apt, me thinks.

anagallis_arvensis

X6 almost as ugly as that porsche thingy.

CountZero

cynic-al – Member
    The point is it's ugly and offensive to tree huggers like me but it's just done so well it looks great. All current beamers (1 series saloon perhaps aside) are so well proprtioned and styles.

BMW's are not well proportioned, panel lines, light clusters, boot/bonnet integration, none have any kind of cohesive flow. Audi, on the other hand manage to get body lines that flow from front to back, light clusters, particularly rear ones, blend beautifully into the overall body shape. The A5 is a striking example of how to make a large car look clean and simple, the crease line along the top of the body has a subtle wasp-waist that serves to avoid a heavy bulky appearance. I think the A5/S5 is one of the most beautiful coupes ever, not a line out of place. I want one so much it hurts!

CountZero

cynic-al – Member
    The point is it's ugly and offensive to tree huggers like me but it's just done so well it looks great. All current beamers (1 series saloon perhaps aside) are so well proprtioned and styles.

BMW's are not well proportioned, panel lines, light clusters, boot/bonnet integration, none have any kind of cohesive flow. Audi, on the other hand manage to get body lines that flow from front to back, light clusters, particularly rear ones, blend beautifully into the overall body shape. The A5 is a striking example of how to make a large car look clean and simple, the crease line along the top of the body has a subtle wasp-waist that serves to avoid a heavy bulky appearance. I think the A5/S5 is one of the most beautiful coupes ever, not a line out of place. I want one so much it hurts!

Hadge
    Free Member

I'd say this is a beautiful coupe too – a 330Ci M Sport. I wanted one too and it hurt me

So I got this one so I'm biased as it's mine hehe. Shock horror – an ST member who drives a BMW – slay that man pmsl.

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

boss has an x5 company car. his dad has an x6. i like it.

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Dont blame you hadge they were a great proportioned looking car.

Radioman

BMWs are nice cars but it seems to me that they get driven too aggressively!!. Their owners often seem to stick those diy M.Sport badges on the back and use the roads for their "motorsport".
    I admit there are many exceptions but the brand certainly appeals to the self certified "sporty" driver.

When i've been badly "cut up" on my road bike there seems to be a large proportion of times when its by some BMW…. stereotyping finished!!

0091paddy
    Free Member

An X5 with 700hp: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtuVxi6hMqI&feature=channel_page

I'm not a fan, but boy check the vid!

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘I like the BMW X6’ is closed to new replies.