• This topic has 91 replies, 51 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • I like cats but….
  • chickenman

As we’ve seen from other threads on here, loving your pet but being pragmatic about the fact that shit happens and that they don’t live that long anyway, actually means you don’t love your pet at all. The point where someone said they’d spent £800 having both their pet rabbits hind legs amputated made me realise just how wobbly the slackline of sanity that us humans teeter along…

DezB
    Free Member

This thread certainly has …made me realise just how wobbly the slackline of sanity that us humans teeter along…

maccruiskeen

The point where someone said they’d spent £800 having both their pet rabbits hind legs amputated made me realise just how wobbly the slackline of sanity that us humans teeter along…

– two key rings for £400 each!

Edit- actually if it’s the hind legs of both pet rabbits that’s four keys rings at a much more reasonable £200

deadkenny
    Free Member

slimjim78 – Member
    Where do the seemingly more sensitive folk draw the mandatory other-people’s-pet-welfare-responsibility line? Rabbit? Gerbil? Spider?

Had a spider living in the bathrooom that was doing no harm so left it to itself. Got quite used to it. I’d have been outraged if someone squashed it 😀

Unlike the False Widow that moved in. That had to go. Humanely tried but it set up camp in a web next to the toilet, so a big load of nope. It didn’t survive.

Although I quite like the look of False Widows, even if they can give you a bit of a bite (bee sting level apparently). Nice pattern on their back.

jimjam
    Free Member

Well today on my way to do some mountain bike driving I almost killed a large hare on an icy mountain road. Almost, despite his best efforts and crossing the road three bloody times. I managed to brake (brake checking my friend in the process) and the hare remains intact and free to do hare things. Hopefully this in some way mitigates the two crows, the red squirrel and the cat I have killed this year.

Also I thought I would share this. This was my buddy.

Without doubt the biggest, meanest, surliest and most aggressive cat I have ever known. About 6 years ago I moved into a house and the woman who had previously lived there owned him, when she moved she abandoned him ( it became obvious why). A few nights after moving in he showed up covered in blood with a bite out of his ass and half starved. 100% against my wife’s wishes I brought him in, cleaned him up, fed him and let him live in the house. I named him Padhraig (pronounced “paw-rick” not pod-rig) He regularly bit me, clawed me, clawed my face, hissed at the wife and was a general lout of a cat. Once we got a mouse in the house and he just sat and looked at it.

Despite this I loved him, and in his own way he loved eating the food I gave him and he reciprocated by letting me rub his belly, and then biting me. He would go out around mid night every night to fight and make rough love to the lady cats and then return around 7am to get fed.
    I bought a house nearby and took him with us. But then one day he just never came back. I still miss him, but take solace in the fact that every other cat in the area looked like miniature versions of him 😈

thestabiliser
    Free Member

When Mrs S hit a tawny owl she decided, once shed arrived home in hysterics, it’d be better if I went to check the beasts condition. So, having been stood at the edge of an unlit dual carriageway on a wild November night beating a mortally injured raptor to death with a stick, I have some sympathy with the ops position.

senorj

Just in case the o.p. slays another kitty ,I had a book when I was younger which may be of use .
    “101 uses for a dead cat”

slimjim78
    Free Member

Padhraig

I like the cut of this fellas jib. A good tail told well.

ebennett

– two key rings for £400 each!

Well played sir 😀

Sandwich

Someone will wake up this morning wondering where their cat is…probably worried why it didn’t come home last night.

Maybe be responsible for your pet and not kick it out of the house overnight? If you choose to let your livestock wander, don’t expect the rest of us to care for it.

funkmasterp

I mean, it’s almost as if people are just chiming in to signal how virtuous they are

Standard practice on here. If you believed half the shit people say in response to threads like this you’d assume that pious monks and mountain biking go hand in hand.

DezB
    Free Member

Maybe be responsible for your pet and not kick it out of the house overnight?

There are people who keep their cats indoors??

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘I like cats but….’ is closed to new replies.