• This topic has 97 replies, 52 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)
  • You may be saving lives but don't block my drive…
  • brakes
    Free Member

maybe that information should be made available upon receipt of the emergency call. Then the ambulance drivers could decide whether it was worth blocking a neighbours drive

they can’t even work out how to park properly, let’s not ask them to make complicated decisions like that 😉

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

they can’t even work out how to park properly, let’s not ask them to make complicated decisions like that

😆

I honestly don’t know what else to suggest. Perhaps it should be mandatory that you tarmac your front lawn to provide an ambulance parking zone if you smoke/are obese/are over fifty etc. ?

Drac

Perhaps it couldn’t have been and the letter writer was been a tool. But maybe it had been poorly parked. I’m sure most ambulance drivers try to avoid causing obstructions if they reasonably can.

He doesn’t mention any parking.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

One of the things that really distinguishes the British from Canadians, and that – even after 15 years of living here – I still can’t get my head around, is just how effing cynical and critical the British are.

We are great arent we 😆

psssst got any Moosemilk 😉

CountZero

davidtaylforth – Member
    How does the driver know his history before parking?
    The ambulance driver doesn’t know his history, but that’s a point; maybe that information should be made available upon receipt of the emergency call. Then the ambulance drivers could decide whether it was worth blocking a neighbours drive if they were going to attend a nonce, for example

pondo

None of this distracts from the admiration I have for the ambulance service or the men and women doing the job

Happy days! Everyone’s a winner, then. 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

Good fishing this evening dtf 🙂

I’m assuming the letter from Mr Moore was written in green ink.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I N R A T S but I’d love to see how the ambulance was parked

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Good fishing this evening dtf

🙂 yes I was being ridiculous. Although it was probably just a stone’s throw from the author of the note.

Some people ❓ 😀

molgrips
    Free Member

I wonder if the driver of the ambulance had more pressing things on his mind than ideal parking?

aracer
    Free Member

fixed for Drac 😉

Drac

😆

bullheart
    Free Member

Once again, the crown for the ‘King of Threads’ changes hands in the never ending battle of whatthefuckery, here on Planet STW.

twonks

Down our road there is really only a one cars width of space for around 150 houses to get in and out.

Nothing more annoying than an ambulance blocking the road at 7.30 when I have to get out and get to work.

Once they even had the cheek to arrive at 1.00 AM, park right outside my bloody house with lights ablaze. Was like a rave at 1am in the pitch plack, with everybody trying to sleep. Annoyance I tell thee.

Still, got me to resus 17 miles away in under 14 minutes 😀

Emergency services are the one thing nobody has any right to complain about parking. Nothing (in this country anyway) can’t be sorted by other means if you happen to be inconveneanced a tad by their parking.

tjagain

LOL at twonks

joshvegas
    Free Member

If you are on the edinburgh bypass at rush hour and nothing much is moving and lights and sirens appear on the horizon. A miraculous third lane appears harry potter style and the blues flashes power down the road unhindered while traffic trundles on then the gap closes up.

I’d love to see some drone footage of it.

bruneep

Closely followed by a couple of tailgaters who like to think they can follow in slipstream.

nickhit3
    Free Member

Once again, the crown for the ‘King of Threads’ changes hands in the never ending battle of whatthefuckery, here on Planet STW.

thinking of starting one on the COE getting involved in the minefield of children playing dress up.. could be a biggie.

re the topic: the patient attended to by the ambulance crew died apparently.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Closely followed by a couple of tailgaters who like to think they can follow in slipstream.

Ha i’ve not seen that to be honest.

Most people seem to have no fight left after the sliproad gauntlet.

A similar thing happens with motorbikes but they get less space.

Edit to not look so callouse.

natrix
    Free Member

We live down the road from an old folks home and ambulances are an almost daily occurence, they always manage to park reasonably well, occaisionally on a yellow line, but never seen anything worse.

The police on the other hand seem to find parking quite difficult, have even come home to find a cop car parked on my drive, no note, nothing to explain its presence. A few hours later they’d gone…………..

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ghah! Don’t get me started on Tesco Food delivery drivers parking in inconvenient places, bloody nuisance..
    Get your own food y’a lazy gits.

😛

miketually
    Free Member

You know when you see an opinion poll and you think “who are the self-centred arseholes still voting for X?” and then you see a story like this and think “oh, those pricks”.

cynic-al
    Free Member

So does everyone posting think there are no circumstances whatsoever in which it might be unreasonable for the ambulance to block someone’s drive?

(Other than this specific incident).

weeksy

WEll it should be fairly apparent they’re in one of the nearby houses, likely it’s going to be one of 2-3. If it’s THAT urgent to get out, then can’t people just knock on a few doors and have a 15s chat with the Ambulance staff ? I don’t see why it’s such a complex debate.

DezB
    Free Member

What about those stupid ambulances who get all flashy and sireny when you’re on a cycle lane and cars pull over to let them past, in the process barging you off the road! Shouldn’t the drivers look ahead to check before hitting the woowoo button?

franksinatra

I want to try something here.

Ling Ling Ling.

Lets see if she can liven the debate up a bit…..

Dickyboy

Went through a red light so I didn’t block in an ambulance – SP10 & 3pts 🙁 do I get a badge of honour?

natrix
    Free Member

do I get a badge of honour

franksinatra

FunkyDunc – Member
    Blocking drives, well what about this…

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5076621/Angry-motorists-gives-paramedic-shocking-torrent-abuse.html

Totally disgusting, abhorrent and sickening behavior. He should be shot…

…for posting a Daily Mail link on STW.

thomthumb
    Free Member

Hardly the ambulance’s fault if someone stops in a stupid place in front.

It’s amazing where you see people stop – i can’t imagine where they think the ambulance is going to go; well clearly they don’t they just stop/ pull over with no sense of surroundings.

Maybe the ambulance parking was inconsiderate; Drivers aren’t perfect. Also they get a pass, because of the job: who know’s they might just be rushing to get onto something other than parking. 🙄

I’m constantly amazed/ dissapointed with peoples self-absorption.

chip
    Free Member

How is anyone meant to make progress these days with ambulance drivers parking their vans left right and center. I don’t know who to blame more, the ambulance driver or the selfish bastard who had a heart attack.

Sooner this government cuts back on these self satisfying do gooders the better.

tjagain

ambulance driver paramedics on here

Can I ask about this one – when I am commuting thru town on my bike I often hear sirens before car drivers. When stationary at lights ( I will be right at the front) I will sometime try to give a signal ie waving my arms / putting a hand up in the air to stop all the cars from moving off /across the junction as the ambulances seem to like to approach blocked traffic lights on the wrong side of the road and if the lights go green and cars move off it would make it trickier to get back on the right side of the road. Is this helpful?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

waving my arms / putting a hand up in the air to stop all the cars from moving off

Although well intentioned that’s just going to pee drivers off and surly you are distracting them from the road and the ambulance.

No expert but I’d say keep out of it

oldbloke
    Free Member

Aye – terrible the way they abandon those vehicles. A couple blocked my drive and the neighbour’s one day.

Still it got them a bit quicker to the roofer who had fallen off my roof and was trying to run out of blood quite quickly. I’m sure he could have waited a bit longer whilst they circled the block a bit – what’s half a pint of blood in the scheme of things.

aracer
    Free Member
    aracer
    Free Member

Tricky – I can’t remember ever having that situation myself, but my inclinations would be similar to tj’s – it’s difficult to convey the reason accurately though (but in terms of peeing drivers off, only the completely brain dead wouldn’t work out why the cyclist was waving at them afterwards). Similarly, but completely different, yesterday I flashed my headlights at cars coming the other way because there was an ambulance behind them – they might have noticed anyway, but I figured it did no harm, and at the worst they might just wake up and notice the sirens and blue lights (all the cars on my side pulling over should also have given a clue – we did successfully leave a decent gap for it where I was).

fossy

People don’t give a hoot. When a driver right turned on me breaking my spine, I was lying in the middle of the road with paramedics working over me, people were still passing us closely that we were getting splashed. The paramedics went nuts.

project
    Free Member

the Runcorn Paramedic abuser has apologised just before he was arrested, his company and address has been named on the local papers website as well with some intresting reviews.

Going to be a difficult time for his family.Sadly.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 98 total)

The topic ‘You may be saving lives but don't block my drive…’ is closed to new replies.