Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)
  • I know that this a typically centre right forum..
  • yunki
    Free Member

…with a handful of outspoken lefties, and that as middle englanders you lot make up a lot of the electorate that can actually be bothered to get off their arses and tick the box so..

Is anyone doing the responsible thing and voting Green or are you all gonna piss about wasting your democratic right with analysing manifesto lies from the two Eton Mafia teams, ‘tactical’ votes, shallow cycling based votes and kneejerk nonsense..?

edlong
    Free Member

You had a look and thought, I know what this forum needs today, another “who to vote for” thread. 🙄

enfht
    Free Member

The Greens are essentially left wing arse hats, and on that basis I’m oot.

yunki
    Free Member

to be fair… there wasn’t one on the first page when posted, and I’m a bit too jaded with this gaff for bothering to look at the second page..

can anyone point me in the direction of todays most longwinded and disgruntled ‘who to vote for’ thread then perhaps?

kcal

middle englanders !! why, you …. *****

everyone
    Free Member
    meehaja
    Free Member

Greens are lovely, but they are a bit like an environmental BNP. They have no sensible policy, just lots of nice ideas. Main plans for education involve solar panels on the school roof and environmental science lessons. Like I say, nice and good ideas, but not politically viable in the current climate.

leffeboy

Here you go

arghh, I hate it when someone beats me to an old joke 🙂

googles recursion

again

yunki
    Free Member

isn’t that essentially just a myth perpetrated by the dead eyed disciples of the Eton Mafia Meehaja?

project
    Free Member

…with a handful of outspoken lefties,

nice to be appreciated.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Did you manage to choose between UKIP and the BNP then?

wwaswas

Like I say, nice and good ideas, but not politically viable in the current climate.

20mph speed limit in residential areas is one policy.

The loons!

MrNice
    Free Member

they are a bit like an environmental BNP. They have no sensible policy, just lots of nice ideas

I hope you’re not saying the BNP have lots of nice ideas. I assume not, but it seems to be implied [/pedant]

Junkyard
    Free Member

It is clearly implied and they clearly are saying the greens and the BNP have good ideas – whether they meant to say that i do not know

Lifer
    Free Member

meehaja – Member

Greens are lovely, but they are a bit like an environmental BNP. They have no sensible policy, just lots of nice ideas. Main plans for education involve solar panels on the school roof and environmental science lessons. Like I say, nice and good ideas, but not politically viable in the current climate.

What absolute tosh, you could have actually read their policies before commenting.

LMGTFY: Green Party Education

anagallis_arvensis

I teach environmental science. Had their AS exam today.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Yes but proper subjects were yesterday AA! 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

not economics then 😉

binners

The Green Party are coming out with policies that would/should be being proposed by a Labour Party actually worthy of the name. But seeing as nowadays theyre just Tories with nicer smiles, then a Green is the only reslistic option for us pinko commie hand wringers.

I’ve voted for them, and I know plenty of other former labour voters who have, including my dad who’s voted labour all his life, but just can’t bring himself to do it any more, as they’re a bunch of clueless muppets!

bokonon
    Free Member

What absolute tosh, you could have actually read their policies before commenting.

LMGTFY: Green Party Education

Nice to see policy which I helped write getting quoted…

Lifer
    Free Member

What do you think of the Green’s education policy, AA?

IanW
    Free Member

Can’t say I take much notice of policy promises, they’ll all back out of em if needed and what hits the streets is more likely to be fruits of experts, analysts etc and people who actually know wtf their doing regardless of the politicians in power.

I do however like a general statement of intend and the greens are a bit more likely to leave a few fields unbuilt for my kids to run around in so get my vote.

TBH though being popular on this forum (which they seem to be) is the kiss of death, it’ll be a UKIP landslide.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Is anyone doing the responsible thing and voting Green or are you all gonna piss about wasting your democratic right with analysing manifesto lies from the two Eton Mafia teams, ‘tactical’ votes, shallow cycling based votes and kneejerk nonsense..

Are you talking about local councils or MEPs?
    I’m not too sure why anyone even votes for MEPs in the first place. You may as well be voting for who goes in the big brother house for all the power they have.
    Still, you’ve got to admire the audacity of the scam in duping the public into thinking the democratic process they’re participating in has anything to do with governance.

Jamie
    Free Member

Looks like someone wants some attention today.

oldboy
    Free Member

I voted UKIP in the European elections (just to scare the mainstream parties) and Conservative in the locals. I know I may get barred from this neo-Marxist forum as a consequence, but I’ll risk it! 🙂

Mark

No.. you won’t as it happens.

Frankly, I’m not angry… Just disappointed

binners

Fascist!

olddog

The advantage of voting green is that is provides a draw to the left/environmental concerns to counter the UKIP drag to the right. They may not get elected in too many seats (although there is a green councillor in the constituency down the road from me) but it gets the green agenda onto the plates of the main parties.

To be honest the greens are the closest to my political views anyway – but then again I am a swivel eyed left wing…

thecaptain
    Free Member

I voted green. I don’t think they would make a great govt (local, national or eu) but I do think that we’d benefit from a greater focus on environmental issues in all areas. Plus in my area they were just behind ukip last time (iirc) for the last seat in the area.

olddog

Aha! Oldboy and Olddog may have similar names – but dissimilar viewpoints!

oldboy
    Free Member

Fascist

🙂

anagallis_arvensis

What do you think of the Green’s education policy, AA?

Long…. had a quick look. Seems mostly sensible

oldboy
    Free Member

No.. you won’t as it happens.

Frankly, I’m not angry… Just disappointed

Thank you for your open-minded, democratic response, Mark.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Postal vote it’s easier

johnners
    Free Member

I voted UKIP in the European elections (just to scare the mainstream parties)

Well, if enough people do that it may lead to the mainstream party policies shifting in a UKIP-ish direction.

Is that the kind of thing you’re after?

oldboy
    Free Member

Well, if enough people do that it may lead to the mainstream party policies shifting in a UKIP-ish direction.

Is that the kind of thing you’re after?

Err … why not?

SaxonRider

This thread is clearly ignorant of the Plaid Cymru option, or it would have closed many posts ago.

docrobster
    Free Member

I’ll be voting green again, as a leftie I think it’s the best option. Mind you I voted lib dem at the last general election as clegg is my mp, so what do I know.

anagallis_arvensis

You’re right THM AS Biology was yesterday.

imnotverygood

Voted Green reluctantly, the problem being with them supporting Yes in Scotland, but to be frank I stood staring at the options on the ballot paper and there really weren’t any.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘I know that this a typically centre right forum..’ is closed to new replies.