Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • I know lots of people don't bother with the homepage but…
  • MrGreedy

…that is a really lovely picture on there right now!

Cheers to Ben for sending it in. Anyone else got something similar to share?

Kato

Just what I was thinking. That's a great pic

CountZero

Yeah, I was just looking at that. Fantastic photo, robins are cheeky little buggers, but to get one to pose like that is brilliant. I'd be chuffed to bits.

Drac

Ace for Xmas card.

walla24
    Free Member

love robins, very festive, awesome pic!

sweepy
    Free Member

I think i'll get a wren, should be a few grams lighter

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yep, brilliant. He looks as if he's freezing his nuts off……which kinda adds to the quality 8)

stuartie_c
    Free Member

If it's Robins you want…

Gary_C

Great photo!
    He's certainly a well fed little feller.

Spamf
    Free Member

Anyone know the venue? I'm guessing Pinewoods.

Travis

lol

I think i'll get a wren, should be a few grams lighter

rOcKeTdOg

great pic, but the ruffians are the wrong way up, embossed logo to the bottom please!

johnners
    Free Member

Only a couple of days ago, but no snow in Wiltahire at the time! Yaken on a wee digital so he was just a couple of feet away.

wheelz
    Free Member

Coed-y-Brenin, ealrier this year.

bananaworld
    Free Member

Robins scare the sh!t out of me.

The way the little beggars follow you around when you're digging, it's just not right. There you are, minding your own business, thinking the robin's **** off and you turn around and guess what? There's the wee sly red bastid with his head cocked to one side… looking at yer…

verses

I've no problem with Robins, it's Squirrels in the park that unnerve me.

It's the way one dances about on the path pretending to be all cute and fluffy, then all of a sudden you notice the 2 or 3 lurking in the branches and bushes to the side of you just like the Velociraptors in Jurassic Park…

martyc
    Free Member

robin at dalby

slowjo
    Free Member

Hmm I can see a new thread starting…."What Robin for mud/snow/hard pack" etc.

racefaceec90

is this is a robin love in.then count me in as well.i a robin this morning whilst i was making a coffee.i have tried conversing in a bad whistling fashion,the robin just looks at me as if to say "what a wa**er". 🙂

Bunnyhop

So cute to look at but very territorial and will kill another robin if needs be.
    It's not fat 'cos he's well fed, they plump up their bodies and feathers to keep themselves warm.

Gorgeous pictures – more please.

Oh yes, don't forget to put lots of bird food out during this cold spell ( not bread though), it has not nutrition.

vimto
    Free Member

car park at swinley

slugwash
    Free Member

Dart Valley a couple of days ago………

doodle

Thanks for the comments,

Was just lucky he landed there, perfectly lit, while I was taking another shot. Still chuffed to get the pic and to see a Robin-based thread!

Ben

slowjo
    Free Member

Ben

Can you email me a hi res copy of that? It would be a nice pic to have as my wallpaper. Address in profile.

Thanks

Bunnyhop

I've just had a mini excitement coming back from the loacl shops.
    Climbing up the locks of our local canal I spot a kingfisher, sitting on the top lock gates. I got really close, then it flew off down the canal. I'm guessing it there because it's one of only a few places that still have running water and aren't iced up.

dickydutch

Nice pic mart! I took one just like that………..

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Fairly old now but…

The cheeky little sod actually stayed on my foot long enough for me to get the camera out of my camelbak, out of its case, turned on and shot taken. Absolutely not concerned by the flash either.

There *would* have been trouble if it had shat on my saddle though…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The Robin on the foot is excellent 8)

The way the little beggars follow you around when you're digging, it's just not right.

Well the suggestion to why robins do that, is that they probably evolved to take advantage of animals such as wild pigs which rummage around in woodland looking for food. As they dig and turn the soil over with their snouts looking for tasty morsels to eat, the robins learnt that if they were quick enough, they could grab themselves a juicy worm or grub. Since humans have always had a quite a fondness for the cheeky little robins, they've adapted that and gardeners are now the new pigs.

sheldona
    Free Member

'ello Polly

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ayatollahofniche …..I don't know how to say this…..but….this robin of yours ……looks like 'e's passed on! This robin is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't glued 'im to your glove 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-ROBIN!!

….nice picture though

CheesybeanZ

the norwegian blue always sleeps on its back

Bunnyhop

The robin is colour co-ordinated with the glasses and bike. Me like 😀

I seem to remember a baby robin thread from a few years ago.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘I know lots of people don't bother with the homepage but…’ is closed to new replies.