Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • i just want a new tyre !!
  • skeetsgb
    Free Member

hi guys/gals

im after a new rear tyre,ive got nobbly nik on the front and racing ralph on the rear, now that the trails are wet and muddy im struggling to get up hill as my rear tyre is spinning.( i like riding trail center type courses) ive been given loads of tyre choices to get ie: high rollers, bontrager mud x etc etc but when i look onto websites there must be 10 types of that 1 tyre !! tubeless, folding , wire etc etc etc. all i want is a tyre, can anyone post me a link to one i can order as i havent a clue. ive a canyon yellowstone ( hardtail), tyre size ive at the mo is 26 x 2.25. i was hoping to spend between £20 and £30 quid. i usually shop at crc, evans etc.

thankyou in advance

GARY

GW
    Free Member

weight your rear wheel properly, a RR will get you up any trail centre climb, dry or wet.
    save your money and use the winter to improve technique

ojom
    Free Member
    skeetsgb
    Free Member

yep it could well be my technic as ive not been ridin that long even though i do shift my weight over back wheel, but i no that experiance does count as alot.

haha i like as the link you gave me is the same name as your user name, any connections lol.

but at that price and ive ALWAYS had good advice on this forum, so ive just ordered one 😉

thanks

TheSwede
    Free Member

You will almost certainly be killed if you use that tyre at a trail centre.

skeetsgb
    Free Member

You will almost certainly be killed if you use that tyre at a trail centre

sh*t ive no life insurance either !! 😉

it cant be that bad surely. i no there is alot better tyres out there, but for what i need it for it cant be that bad, had a quick look at reviews at it seemed okay. im sure he wouldnt give bad info when the shop in question is his, and at 15 notes, not good for buisness im sure if its completly b***cks. my ralph will be back on at spring anyways ! just wanted to try something else and spend some money on my bike

GW
    Free Member

TBF it’s not as simple as just shifting your weight back, you need to apply power smoothly while keeping your rear wheel weighted, but not so much as to overly lighten the front. sometimes you’ll be fine seated in the same position but more often than not you’ll need to move your arse around or even off the saddle to keep grip. you also need to spot, plan and commit to the best line and hold appropriate speed/momentum.
    Don’t fall into the No 1 money trap for beginners and try to buy your way into becoming a better rider, just practice.
    if you don’t clean a climb, roll back down and try it again but work out where/why you went wrong. you’ll eventually get there and it’ll make you a far better rider in the long run.

skeetsgb
    Free Member

its difficult. im trying to learn as much as possible in such a short time, i want to do it, i KNOW i can do it, i no im knocking on a bit now, not as young as i was, still feel 16 though and not afraid of anything. my only regret is that i wish i found this sport years ago, as im actually bloody loving it, it has everything, gets me out off the house ( a way from the family, in a good way !), keeps me fit, the scenery is amazing sometimes and i feel a kind of achievment. I have alot to learn, probaly to much, when i bought my hardtail i nearly bought alot more exspensive bike, but i now that wouldnt have made me any better.

great advice and ive took it completly on board, and i will learn from it

thankyou

GW
    Free Member

you’re welcome 8)

neninja
    Free Member

Get a Dirty Dan 2.0 rear from On-One – bargain

I refitted my Dirty Dans last week. I’ve been riding local xc trails since putting them back on that had become virtually unrideable due to how muddy it was and my usual tyres simply filling with mud. The Dans find grip in deep mud and are light enough to not slow you down on hard pack.

The Dirty Dan’s saved my bacon in the dark last night on a fast downhill section on a local bridleway. It’s usually hard packed stones but had become coated with a thin layer of very slippery mud since I last rode it. I hit the mud on a fast corner unexpectedly and the bike got very squirrelly and sideways but the DD’s hung in there and found grip. I’d have crashed for sure with my usual trail tyres on.

GW
    Free Member

🙄

😆

ojom
    Free Member

If you dont like it after a few rides punt it back to us for a refund. That way you canny lose.

skeetsgb
    Free Member

okay took bike landegla this morning, i must admit bikechain the tyre did what i wanted. there was alot more grip on the climbs, back wheels never spun once, so well happy about that 😀
    BUT
    what i gained in grip i defo lost in rolling , the bike seem alot slower, alot slower, but i suppose that was to be exspected, bigger tread, definatly a wider tyre, more air volume(2.2 version, my ralph was 2.25 !?)
    overall im impressed, it was only 15 quid, so no quarrels from me, i will use my ralph when i no there isnt much to climb, and use the rubber queen where i no there will be muddy climbs galore !

cheers again

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘i just want a new tyre !!’ is closed to new replies.