Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • I just saved 200 quid!!
  • scotabroad

On car insurance, this isn't an advert for moneysupermarket.com but using it I insured through a reputable company and saved over 200 quid on my normal insurer who has always beaten other quotes I have got by my usualm method of the annual phone around at renewal time.

And yes the quotes are like for like.

Considering I am a 40 something with no claims or accidents (touch wood) I am gobsmacked at the power of the internet, again! 😀

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

How much were you paying before? I'm 'only' 38 and our insurance is about £260…..

ton

insurance………what's that then………. 😉

vinnyeh

How much were you paying before? I'm 'only' 38 and our insurance is about £260…..

Considering your age has f* all to do with your premium once you're between about 25 and 65 that's a pretty pointless statement. More to do with your location, vehicle and accident record.

sharkbait
    Free Member

I used to use a mate who's an insurance broker. Since I started getting my own quotes off t'interweb (about 4-5 years) my premiums have come down each year.
    All hail the webnet.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Considering your age has f* all to do with your premium once you're between about 25 and 65 that's a pretty pointless statement

And considering it was a reasonable, polite question, you should learn some manners.

SirJonLordofBike1
    Free Member

And considering it was a reasonable, polite question, you should learn some manners

seconded

allthepies
    Free Member

Use the comparison services to find the cheapest few quotes and then go to the selected insurer via a cashback site such as quidco.com and pocket some cashback yourself (as otherwise the comparison site gets it).

andywhit
    Free Member

<hijack>

MrPoddy – was that you biking along the BVP towards North Camp station, Fri eve approx 17:15 ? I was the bloke on a Tricross going the other way.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Andy, yep that was me. On my Friday 'sceneic route' bimble home. 🙂

duckers
    Free Member

Considering your age has f* all to do with your premium once you're between about 25 and 65 that's a pretty pointless statement. More to do with your location, vehicle and accident record.

Incorrect anyway, at least with my employer.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘I just saved 200 quid!!’ is closed to new replies.