Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • I just overtook Steve Peat on a downhill…..
  • wonnyj
    Free Member

…bit of the m1 !

Was on saturday, saw the big syndicate van and realised he was driving it.

Then yesterday I overtook Shaun O'Boyle (fast xc racer) on a road ride (but again i was in the car).

tails
    Free Member

😆

njee20
    Free Member

Sion O'Boyle

Andituk
    Free Member

I saw Will Longden in Hope on Sunday 😀

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Susan Boyle? 😯

njee20
    Free Member

Yep, SuBo's an accomplished XC racer these days. I hear she's gonna try some 4X too.

Cougar

I hear she's gonna try some 4X too.

Castlemaine, maybe.

wonnyj
    Free Member

chatted to wee sion briefly on friday night at margam as well. njee how did you get on (assuming you were there)?

Kevevs
    Free Member

I burned off stephen Hawking on my roadbike, and he has a powered wheelchair!

njee20
    Free Member

In my usual fashion I was riding like a mong on the descents, then was getting horrendous chainsuck on the inner ring, so I had to use the big ring on the climbs, think I was down to about 20rpm on some of the climbs by the end! Came in 22nd, managed to beat a couple of people at least! Bit of a shame, I was looking forward to that course in the dry! Still, same for everyone, no excuses!

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

was that with xx njee as you seem to like to remind us? 😉

brooess
    Free Member

Um. You weren't descending slowly on the STW Surrey Hills ride Nick!
    (on the Cotic with the magic slow pinch puncture)

meehaja
    Free Member

I once had one of those "you're not overtaking me ya git" moment on some wharncliffe singletrack. The guy eventaully got past and set off down the DH bit, I took a short cut, planning to get to the bottom first but he beat me there, gave a little wave and sped off. All black orange P7, black riding gear. Later that evening, got chatting to a guy who said "did you see steve peat dressed all i black on a black bike earlier?"

fast that chap.

Elmo
    Free Member

I did both of the Athertons(boys!)in one go!
    Their van is not as quick as mine!

sambob
    Free Member

i overtook nick craig going down towards derbyshire bridge the other day.

(the fact he was running doesn't make any difference what so ever)
    He came 4th in a fell race that he had ridden from hayfield to take part in. some people are fairly amazing really. . .

njee20
    Free Member

was that with xx njee as you seem to like to remind us?

I don't do much reminding actually, in fact in the numerous threads about doubles that crop up I talk about my 9 speed set up rather than bleating on about XX, but yep it was. I suspect the culprit is more the frame than the chainset, as I've been running doubles on previous bikes for years. On the plus side the cassette didn't clog at all, and the shifting was still spot on! The jockey wheels are totally worn out now though, which isn't particularly impressive considering the laughable price of OEM replacements.

You weren't descending slowly on the STW Surrey Hills ride Nick!

Aaw, thanks! It does help that I know those trails rather well. That puncture was very odd, a true 'pinch' flat!

adeward
    Free Member

i once out sprinted scott beaumont in a dash for the line,, we were both on one of those two bike arcade games ,,

njee20
    Free Member

They were great! I remember being in an arcade saying how they were nothing like riding a real bike, then went and set the high score, about the only time I've ever managed to get on the leaderboard on an arcade game!

wonnyj
    Free Member

good work ade.

njee, yeah it was a bit of a blow it being so wet. I've been riding those trails in the bone dry for the last 6 weeks, so bad timing.

kevevs, I know someone who (as an 11 yr old) beat steven hawkings in a wheelchair race. He was pals with hawkings son, so used to race the spare wheelchairs around the garden!

Coleman
    Free Member

I got lapped by Liam Kileen in a cross race last year. 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘I just overtook Steve Peat on a downhill…..’ is closed to new replies.