Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)
  • I just managed to Dock on Elite :-) (Oolite)
  • redthunder
    Free Member

Now I’m addicted again 🙁

1500 credits for a docking computer. Back to Lave 😉

Waste your life again here:
    Elite

richcc
    Free Member

You bad man – I used to love Elite

steelfan
    Free Member

I had Elite on my ZX Spectrum or was it my Amstrad CPC464.

geetee1972
    Free Member

There was a cheat on Elite. You need enough credits to buy military lasers but if you buy them once and then buy them again repeatedly, every time you buy them, you get the price credited to your account.
    Of course, once you’ve racked up enough credits for military lasers, then you’ve more or less home anyway.
    As a kid, I had to have my used of the computer rationed because of Elite.

Kuco

Easiest way to dock if you never had enough credits for a docking computer was hyper jump to said system move up to space station save the game then crash into it. Then reload the save and you be in that current station.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

I have Elite 2 on a CD, but can’t get it to run. Just as well really as I’d waste another couple of years of my life.

Settlers is on the same CD. Maybe I should burn it in case it falls into the wrong hands?

steelfan
    Free Member

What other games can you remember from your youth?

Manic Miner
    Jet set willy
    Jetpac.
    Outrun.
    Chuckie Egg

halfbee
    Free Member

Elite on a BBC B, thems were the days.

bikemonkey
    Free Member

A few Oolite questions:

Can you speed up time?
    What cargo where for first mission?
    Can you go somewhere early on to sell your ship and have a smaller but better equipped one?

I’m hooked already!

IanMunro
    Free Member

Aye. My method for success was to fly flat out with a rearward facing laser and reverse the controls. Nothing could get you 🙂

richmars

Frak! on the Beeb

SlowJohn
    Free Member

i used to love monty mole and jack the nipper

RudeBoy
    Free Member

What’s the point of this game? Tried it, but din’t get it. What have to do?

druidh
    Free Member

I had a BBC B with the 6502 2nd processor, so had Elite in colour!

mudshark
    Free Member

I played Elite on the Spectrum and then when I got a PC played Elite Plus and Frontiers. I thought they were all great but in Frontiers you could choose between a variety of ships from nippy fighters to lumbering cruisers which were hard to control but could carry huge lazers and tons of shields – or just make a fortune in trading. There were also a variety of military missions you could choose to take up so move away from the normal trading theme.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elite_(computer_game)

Pauly

The thin cardboard overlay for the rubbery Spectrum 48K keyboard…

I’m getting all misty eyed here.

samuri
    Free Member

elite rocked.

orbitor
    arcadia
    wheelie
    populous 1 (if they could make this again but with decent graphics I’d be hooked for life.)

sq225917
    Free Member

c64
    Strangeloop
    impossible mission
    boulder dash

fbk
    Free Member

Oh god – Elite on the BBC B+128k….. how many hours did I spend on that?

And I love that Frak video. How can something that was so good way back when, look soooo rubbish now !!!

Geek heaven 🙂

meehaja
    Free Member

Was there an ELite 4? I think i remember playingthis? If so, If you’re being attacked by something small, wait unitl it crosses your screen then hit pause. you can then lock onto the little bugger and unpause, fire at will!

redthunder
    Free Member

Elite 4. Is nothing more than a rumour.

yossarian
    Free Member

top tip for elite on the speccy:

exit space station
    turn ship 180 deg to face entrance of space station
    hit hyperspace button

you will end up at your destination without having to do anything else

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I was lucky enough to have a floppy disk drive on my BBC Model B, my mates didn’t – they used to look in awe at the military lasers I had fitted.

I even managed to complete that strange mission where you have to shoot up all those dodgy aliens. Or did I just dream that bit up on the game.

Always liked kitting the old ship out and cruising off to a sun to blast away the crims and pirates.

Sigh.

waihiboy
    Free Member

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY DID YOU POST THAT LINK!!!!!!!!

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

redthunder
    Free Member

I Apologise Unreservedly. For posting that link 😉

mudshark
    Free Member

…you will end up at your destination without having to do anything else

Seems a bit of a waste of time the developer building so much more to the game really!

ski
    Free Member

I remember playing it on a friends BBC and the excitement when it came out for my Spectrum.

Plus the unbelievably frustrating gadget you had to use before you could start the darn game!

nearly as hard to use as playing the game!

fbk
    Free Member

I even managed to complete that strange mission where you have to shoot up all those dodgy aliens. Or did I just dream that bit up on the game.

Oh yeah – was that the one where you got interrupted half way through hyperspace and immediately attacked. Oooh, it’s all coming back…..where’s that link…

fbk
    Free Member

Uh oh – just downloaded it……. I may be some time!

llama

oolite is harder than the original imo I kept getting stuck too weak in a difficult area (or maybe those reaction times have slowed)

docking is easy just get properly lined up before even thinking about it

a software great too – all the galaxies were generated by algorithm rather than explicit data or else it would not have fit.

I showed the little llamas and they just didn’t get it

llama

oh and my house is made of oolite

anagallis_arvensis

Docking was easy on elite. Fly at space station, come past it slow then turn so that you have planet on right and space station on left, fly at the space in between then look out of right view speed up a little till you are level with space station, slow, back to the front view, turn so space station is in front and then fly in slowly, piece of pish!!

nbt

Right On, Commander

redthunder
    Free Member

169cr …. saving up for a Beam Laser after a docking computer of course.

PS For easier docking on Oolite use the station nav beacon 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

Nooooooooo.

I wasted a year of my life playing this back in 80s. Sat in a darkened room infront of the Spectrum… wearing a puffa jacket for that extra spaceman feeling.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

I downloaded it a while back. Now have a nice Python with naval energy unit, military lasers, etc. That took a while, can’t face the long slog to Elite. Never made it past Deadly on the BBC, tape version.

ski
    Free Member

Well my brother sent me the link to tell you how to increase your credit by editing your save file, simple stuff.

Warning clicking on this link will make you a elite cheat 😉

http://aegidian.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=3550

TenMen
    Free Member

Noooo!!! I already lost a summer to this when I was 13! If I click on that link I’ll be wearing Walker tracksuits and Pringle trousers and w@nking over Belinda Carlisle all over again…

Harry_the_Spider

Wow! You knew Belinda Carlisle?

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

Incoming missile. Aft view. Game over. 32 Cr.

…. …. and relax.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘I just managed to Dock on Elite :-) (Oolite)’ is closed to new replies.