Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • I just love a good protest
  • grynch
    Free Member

We’ve just been told here that a group of.. and I quote… “drunken anti-globalization anarchists” are heading this way so we’ve been advised to bug out of the office early ( with no visible badges ) and to stay away from the office , in fact stay away from town tomorrow.

ohhh I just love a good protest, just be careful with those rocks now boys.

( tags ? .. oh this post is just crying out for some good tags )

grynch
    Free Member

Pook

where do you work?

Oxboy
    Free Member

Eh? . . wheres that???

Drac

Geneva is my guess.

ski
    Free Member

Stay, and give us a running commentary 😉

Do you have your camera with you?

Stoner
    Free Member

throw soap.

chakaping
    Free Member

Do you work for The Man then Grynch?

sofatester
    Free Member

Join in. Might be a good reason after all?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Offer to polish their shoes

grynch
    Free Member

chaka.. work for?.. I am the man.

( in my own very small world )

and yes Geneva here.. I work for WIPO ( people hate us if they can figure out what we do ) and mrs. G works for the ultimate evil WTO.

grynch
    Free Member

cheesefeet, would that be wee in their shoes then?

chakaping
    Free Member

Put your money where your mouth is then – keep your tag on but change the name to “The Man” before you pop outside to greet the protesters.

andym
    Free Member

WIPO = World Intellectual Property Organisation for anyone else who was wondering.

I can imagine the scene: A boozy session in a bar in Geneva – ‘ooh let’s make some trouble’ ‘yes but where?’ ‘well there’s always the World Intellectual Property Organisation – that’s got to be good for a laugh’.

miketually
    Free Member

I intend to be a drunken anti-globalization anarchists later this evening 🙂

grynch
    Free Member

I was just reading the local rag on line.. Geneva’s finest kept the protesters to a small area downtown.. pretty much right in front of the rail station.. just handy for the tourists.

IanMunro
    Free Member

As it’s Switzerland, surely drunken anti-globalization anarchists are only allowed to protest in the designated area from 10.00 to 10.30 on wednesdays after purchasing the appropriate permit?

andym
    Free Member

just handy for the tourists.

Tourists?

In Geneva?

In February?

On a Sunday?

As WC Fields could have said. ‘I went to Geneva once. It was closed’.

MrNutt
    Free Member

How funny my only enduring memory of Geneva is not being able to buy any magazines (I was on tour with a football team) because everything was closed! I thought I’d just been unlucky!! 😆

grynch
    Free Member

yes yes we have tourists.. it’s just that this time of year they are mostly bewildered looking Americans wearing ski boots and funny hats and wondering where the mountains are ( said as an ex pat yankee here. )

grynch
    Free Member

btw Ian.. these drunken anti globalization ararchists HAD applied for a permit to march but were denied permission.

but being ararchists they decided to have a go anyway.. go figuah eh?.. very unSwiss.. and if you have a look at the pics in the link above the local Police took a very dim view of the whole show.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘I just love a good protest’ is closed to new replies.