I just died a little inside.

Home Forum Chat Forum I just died a little inside.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • I just died a little inside.
  • Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

so my email does make sense then let me know.

well that makes sense.

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Yep, it’s a bit lazy.

sent from my secretary and composed by my team of script writers.

scaled

Unsurprisingly, the email didn’t make a lot of sense.

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

One thing to have an ‘hilarious’ signature like that on a personal email, for work he’s a pillock. IMO.

Premier Icon GrahamS
    Subscriber

It’s funny how much people that can’t spell complain about the iPhone’s inability to spell.

My sister is dyslexic and she hates it.

(granted it does always replace “its” with “it’s” which really annoys me)

spacemonkey

Yep, he’s a pillock alright.

Premier Icon honeybadgerx
    Subscriber

I always shake my head when you get an email from an admin girl* who has changed their signature to be in some kind of spangly pink italic font, normally shortly followed by ‘XXXX – voted the UK’s most professional engineering team 2013’ or similar. Sigh.

*yes I’m a sexist pig.

warton

the initial for a sign off is getting more prevalent.

“I’m so busy I don’t have time to write my full name”

Thanks

W

scaled

Just received a work email from a contractor and I’m not even angry at the iPhone signature, just disappointed.

“Sent from my iPhone which decides on how to spell things which is wrong most of the time, it also thinks it knows what I want to say so my email does make sense then let me know.”

*shakes head*

antigee

honeybadgerx – Member
    I always shake grasp my head (repeatedly) when you get an email from an admin girl* boy who has changed their signature to be in some kind of spangly pink italic font, normally shortly followed by ‘XXXX

think the * wasn’t enough think this is what you really hoped for

lckly i Cna type adn spell, so autocrrect was the firts thing I tuned off

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

the initial for a sign off is getting more prevalent.

“I’m so busy I don’t have time to write my full name”
    The modern equivalent of having your tie over your shoulder but being too busy to flick it back?

Premier Icon kelvin
    Subscriber

Just an initial is fine for a sign off, as it should be self evident who the email was sent by… the sign off is just there as a courtesy.

Trimix

I got an email from someone via their iphone with a crapy signature. So i responded with “sent from my desk at work”

They got all pissy about me being sarcastic, twits.

Premier Icon sockpuppet
    Subscriber

It’s funny how much people that can’t spell complain about the iPhone’s inability to spell.
    My sister is dyslexic and she hates it.
    (granted it does always replace “its” with “it’s” which really annoys me)

You know iphone autocorrect learns words you often use. All the DYAC posts you see where people end up being foul-mouthed with their parents/partners simply reflect how they talk to everyone else.

Also the it’s/its autocorrect is context dependent: the phone is often (but not always) correct. That’s better than most folk manage!

Anyone using a “sent from my xyz device” signature should be shot to death.

Adding to the already annoying version as in this case should see them tarred, feathered, dragged through the town and then shot to death.

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

I think I do.

It’s the default signature on my Android email client and I never bothered to change it.

Premier Icon portlyone
    Subscriber

I recently received and email with KR in the sign-off. Thought it was a little unkind to lazily put just KR.

Premier Icon brassneck
    Subscriber

I think I do.

It’s the default signature on my Android email client and I never bothered to change it.

So do I. It’s shorthand for ‘No , I’m not at my desk right now hanging on your every word and desperate to move continents just for you RIGHT NOW because you have been mildly inconvenienced by something or other’.

Premier Icon Rubber_Buccaneer
    Subscriber

Anyone using a “sent from my xyz device” signature should be shot to death

That’s not fair, I suspect they are simply too dim (edit: see above) to know how to change the signature. So leave my mum alone alright.

Premier Icon wwaswas
    Subscriber

I suspect they are simply too dim to know how to change the signature.

😳

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

At least the sent from XYZ is becoming common enough it’s not
    SENT FROM MY NEW PHONE THAT IS NEW AND SMART AND SENDS EMAILS AND I AM IMPORTANT IN FACT I PROBABLY SENT THIS FROM TRAP 2 I’M THAT IMPORTANT AND BUSY[/i]

Premier Icon Notter
    Subscriber

Died a little inside? From a “Sent from my iPhone” email footnote??!! Can I suggest you refrain from interacting with any more technology, definitely don’t talk to or be in the vicinity of the younger generations and definitely don’t do any more interweb stuff. Your life expectancy would be shocking!
    😉

Premier Icon The Pinkster
    Subscriber

SENT FROM MY NEW PHONE THAT IS NEW AND SMART AND SENDS EMAILS AND I AM IMPORTANT IN FACT I PROBABLY SENT THIS FROM TRAP 2 I’M THAT IMPORTANT AND BUSY

‘spose I’d better change it in that case. 😳

samuri

Do people get excited about which phone you have nowadays? My mum has a smartphone. And my wife. That’s how common and mundane they are. Although admittedly, my wife isn’t prepared to enter the very depths of hell that is social media, she does at least have one./

‘spose I’d better change it in that case.

You’re in the disabled traps, aren’t you Pinky? Taking advantage of the extra grab handles to get a bit more purchase on a strainer….

😉

Premier Icon jimmy
    Subscriber

And why do people have their email addresses in signatures? Because, urrr, you didn’t just send it from there, no?

bigyinn

I remember overhearing someone boasting to a friend that they had an iPhone, “its amazing” she said, “you can do shopping lists on it”.

So you spent £500 on a shopping list writer? FFS.

Fair play to the marketeers for creating the need for something most people don’t know what to do with.

CountZero

Thanks to a friend, my ‘sign-off’ for emails says iPhone????
    And if I’m communicating with people I know, I always just put my initial, as it’s ridiculous to use one’s full name with someone who knows exactly who you are.
    If it’s an email that’s more formal, then it gets the correct sign-off; Yours Sincerely or Yours Faithfully, as is only right and proper.
    Really, though, this is just like the language thread, getting all het-up about it is just so Daily Mail, there are more important things going on in the world to be concerned about, surely?

squirrelking

And why do people have their email addresses in signatures? Because, urrr, you didn’t just send it from there, no?

If you work for a company with as many users with the same name as I do then it’s useful to know who to reply to when dissecting a chain email.

Premier Icon surroundedbyhills
    Subscriber

My mate has the following.. as a sarky sign off.

Sent from my i – yeah whatever.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘I just died a little inside.’ is closed to new replies.