Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • I just can't keep it up (my seat post)
  • pnewbery1966
    Free Member

my seat just seems to get lower over a couple of rides, mainly on smooth trails. Any one recommend a good one preferably quick release. Hopefully I can keep it up 😉

FYI bike is a Genesis Mantle (27.2mm seat post)

29erKeith
    Free Member

Salsa

not hope! if you want it tight

alfabus
    Free Member

Try carbon assembly paste (even if neither post nor frame are carbon)… it is gritty to give the post better grip.

Dave

jedimindtricks
    Free Member

Not had any issues with hope tbh, but salsa are good. How worn is the post on the shaft?

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Ye I agree, any grease with a gritty texture, I think the one I used just have been the carbon assembly paste as mentioned above.

I had a nightmare with mine, orange r8 frame, Thomson seatpost and stock QR so used some of that grease and fitted a hope bolt clamp and now it’s tighter than a nuns ….

thomthumb
    Free Member

carbon paste,
    new clamp
    oversize post (ragley make 27.3 for this issue)

in that order.

z1ppy

carbon assembly paste has just fixed mine (ali frame & post for ref), which was dropping a cm every couple of miles.

pnewbery1966
    Free Member

thanks for suggestions, just ordered some paste. hopefully all will be good.

mark90
    Free Member

If using a qr clamp grease the qr cam. Then when you’re closing the lever you’re applying clamping force rather than over coming friction with the cam.

richbee
    Free Member

Not really linked to the seatpost issue, but what do you think of your Mantle?

I’m looking to replace my stolen Boardman & quite like the look of the Mantle 20. Never ridden a 29er, but love my Genesis CDF ‘cross bike.
    Doesn’t seem to be any reviews online yet

richbee
    Free Member

Not really linked to the seatpost issue, but what do you think of your Mantle?

I’m looking to replace my stolen Boardman & quite like the look of the Mantle 20. Never ridden a 29er, but love my Genesis CDF ‘cross bike.
    Doesn’t seem to be any reviews online yet

pnewbery1966
    Free Member

generally I am loving the Mantle, though I haven’t ridden any other 29er’s to compare with it just feels right and sorted, it seems to eat up the woodland trails where I live. The only negative so far are the stock tires are 2 wide and there wasn’t much clearance, I changed to raceking 2.0 tires problem sorted.

BTW assembly paste sorted the seatpost issue out.

oldnick

Carbon paste and a Syntace Superlock quick release. Has a rubber seal to keep the worst of the muck out too, works well enough to stop the anodising wearing off the post 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘I just can't keep it up (my seat post)’ is closed to new replies.