Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • I just can't bring myself to…(holiday content)
  • Kryton57

…pay nearly 3k for a family school holiday-time holiday.

So I think the usual Spanish subjects will have to do without us – so the question then is; what UK alternative for the kids?

iolo
    Free Member

New bike and kids play in the park.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Did you not do this exact thread a few weeks ago?

Wish I has this problem TBH…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dannyh
    Free Member

Cornwall? We had a cracking week in Fowey last year. We ‘got’ the weather, so obviously that helped, but a week spent playing on beaches, crabbing off of the harbour side with the kids and eating out a couple of times was just the job. I actually enjoyed it more than the week in Menorca we had earlier in the summer.

dknwhy

We’re going camping in Wales. Not the glamour of a foreign holiday but this year we’re keeping things cheap. Sandy beaches and mountains still…

Kryton57

Whereabouts dknwhy?

scotroutes

I’m sure someone on here would let you borrow their kids to take them on a foreign holiday

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Did you not do this exact thread a few weeks ago?

That was the Easter hols.
    Six months time he’ll be too skint for Meribel; what does Scotland have to offer?

Bregante

I’m sure someone on here would let you borrow their kids to take them on a foreign holiday

Just don’t take them to McDonalds.

samuri
    Free Member

You’ll like this.

Once our son went away to university, I thought we’d be able to go on holiday whenever we felt like it. Nice and cheap like. But no. Apparently we’ve decided to go away with friends of ours.

Guess what the lady friend does….. Go on….guess….. Could she….work in a school in some way? Say, AS A TEACHER!!!!!!

dknwhy

Just north of Barmouth on the coast and the edge of Snowdonia. Was there a few weeks ago.
    Beautiful sandy beaches, hills and tacky seaside amusements in Barmouth itself.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Cornwall, definitely. It’ll cost you nearly as much as going to Spain but It’ll be less kids near me. I hate kids. 🙂

moniex
    Free Member

Pop kids and wife in the car, bikes on the roof and drive to morzine.

We will do just that in the summer hols, £80 ish for the ferry, £550 for a lovely, big apoartment in a great location (near the lift and a great bakery) with garage for a week.

2 euro per day for activity pass, half price bike lift pass using winter PdS pass, sorted!

And yes, all during school holiday,

Kryton57

Currently looking at Hoseasons/Haven etc… :-/

CaptainSlow

What about a really nice cottage somewhere?

We’ve got one for a week with a pool 🙂

pocketrocket
    Free Member

Having exactly that problem myself, so we’ve booked here instead.
    http://www.ladrambay.co.uk
    Went last year , kids of 6, 4 and a newborn, all had a great time. This was helped by the fact the sun shone all week whilst there tho!

ji
    Free Member

moniex – do you have a link to some accommodation at Morzine then? Ideally that will fit 6…

LadyGresley
    Free Member

How about Blackpool? Lots for the kids to do and see.
    Although there are some strange folk live there, so maybe not.

moniex
    Free Member

We are staying in an appartment from a company called mountain high, run by a British couple. Expensive for winter, but cheap in sumner. We are staining in chalende 24, suitable for 6 people. 650 euro, includes a garage to fit a car and the bikes.

Stayed there last year too, and it was great. Would recommend them.

Link to appartment

Simone

moniex
    Free Member

Link does not seem to work:

http://www.mountainhighs.co.uk/apartment-chalende.html

Maybe this will…

Kryton57

Just priced up a week in Morzine with alpine tours…. 1900 inc flights and transfers, half board. Self catering at pocketrockets suggestion £900. Big difference.

MoreCashThanDash

I’m sorry samuri, but I laughed at your misfortune.

We’re renting a place in Peebles for a week – 2 days at the Commonwealth Games, two days in Edinburgh, no idea what we are doing the other days as the “cottage with secure bike storage” I was assured she was booking turns out to be a flat where you “should be able to leave the bikes in the garden” according to the owners last email.

chakaping
    Free Member

the “cottage with secure bike storage” I was assured she was booking turns out to be a flat where you “should be able to leave the bikes in the garden” according to the owners last email.

Sorry, I laughed at your misfortune.

🙂

Sounds like a great holiday though.

wrightyson
    Free Member

We’ve got a cottage for less than 600 quid, that sleeps 6 in Cornwall. We did take a risk with the dates due to school holidays but it’s paid off big time where the cost was concerned.
    You do need to book early though..

Kryton57

The issue I have with this cottage business is that I’d prefer Mrs K got a rest from cooking & cleaning up after the kids really.

Hence the originally want for a hotel.

nealglover
    Free Member

The issue I have with this cottage business is that I’d prefer Mrs K got a rest from cooking & cleaning up after the kids really.

You do it then.

Job jobbed.

jag61

last couple of years, we have been to PGL centres, full board,activities and in school hols me and mrs G and 2 girls, acommodation basic but clean food good and plentiful under £1000. just about to get next one sorted for august. Arran im expecting a few midges!!prob no/little biking :(there is always loads to do for kids depends on yours ages and expectations!

mightymule
    Free Member

Holiday cottage. Yorkshire Dales. Job sorted.

And split the chores 50/50 you idle sod!

stoke1
    Free Member

“Pop kids and wife in the car, bikes on the roof and drive to morzine.”

Exactly what we are doing – and just in time for the World of Morzna Event

“moniex – do you have a link to some accommodation at Morzine then? Ideally that will fit 6…”

The post about the festival said they are currently running a 15% offer on bookings for the summer so I guess they still have spaces.

hora
    Free Member

3k for a holiday in Spain?!!!!

andyl
    Free Member

Pop bikes in the car, kids and wife on the roof and drive to morzine

Sounds a much more enjoyable drive 😉

tomd
    Free Member

There’s loads of good biking on Arran, if you’re staying in Lochranza there’s some proper hike-a-bike to be had from the door.

Kryton57

hora – Member
    3k for a holiday in Spain?!!!!

My first reaction, but then it seems that this is quite normal when having 2 kids and needing to go away within School Hols.

Anyway, we managed to find 7 days all inclusive with a pool, kids facilities and a beach in Ibiza. Still £1800, but I am planning to eat/drink my way to as much as that value as possible…

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)

The topic ‘I just can't bring myself to…(holiday content)’ is closed to new replies.