Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 108 total)
  • I have never been disappointed by…..
  • CheesybeanZ

Louise

kormoran
    Free Member

Everest double glazing

Kramer
    Free Member

Dyfi Bike Park

Nant Yr Arian red route

Zermatt

The White Room

La Thuile Bike Park

Eurostar

winston
    Free Member

If you’re going to diss all the rest of an absolutely peerless body of work at least get the name of the album you like right.

willard

The difference that having total focus on one thing can have on my mood, be it skydiving, taking the motorbike out or long range target shooting. It’s zen, or at least a fair copy.

Tabasco Sauce’s ability to improve a ration pack meal.

Also, obviously, a chicken & mushroom Pot Noodle.

tall_martin

A bike ride. Some have been too slow, too hard, too tame, too scary, too wet, too cold, too far, too short and many other complaints.

But fundamentally, apart from 3 where my bike has been stolen, the have all been good.

The shower after any bike ride that’s been too anything. Especially the shower after a too cold or too wet ride 😃

longdog
    Free Member

Petch’s pork and apple pies. I’ve been disappointed by the inconsistencies of many other foods and activities, but not them.

I’ve never really ‘got’ or eaten an empire biscuit, they just look so unappealing and dull.

garage-dweller

not having children

waking up on a day off, nothing planned and just lazing in bed

The counterbalance to this (and I think we are probably both right). 

Having children

Waking up on a day off and loading three bikes or bags of sailing gear into the car instead of one, getting over their infuriating morning chaos and heading off with two people whose skills and capabilities are always expanding and having great company and youthful excitement around you to drag you out of weekend pit of inactivity you might have otherwise slipped into. 

My goodness though they’re hard work and sometimes infuriating too 😂

jimmy

Greek yoghurt ✅

Montane clothing ✅

Whoever that was saying Rab instead, I’d say complete opposite although that’s unnecessarily harsh on Rab.

ElShalimo

@didnthurt – I’ve had loads of Montane kit over the last 20+ years and not one problem. I’m not slim, very clumsy and don’t take that much care of my kit. 

The only negative thing is the reflective dashes occasionally peel off the windshirts after about 5-10 years of use

sc-xc

If you’re going to diss all the rest of an absolutely peerless body of work at least get the name of the album you like right.

Do you need a cuddle?

Anna-B
    Free Member

A cold water swim. Today 16 mins in the 11 degree river. Absolutely joyful. 

binners

For little things that make everything better, a Greggs cheese and onion pasty 😃

FB-ATB

“That” picture appearing whenever Kier Starmer gets mentioned on a political thread!

didnthurt

People taking the path of least resistance. 

1_dQ7S1fSmy2bFSvtEgv2MSw

didnthurt

Cup of tea at home in your favourite mug. 

Welcome cuddle from the kids.

Christmas day overindulgance followed by a doze by the fire.

Being led down your favourite trails by your children, seeing how they take their own line.

The very minute you sit in your garden on a sunny day that one of your neighbours starts to mow their lawn. 

The site of a Robin in the winter.

Your morning loo time.

Freewheeling down hill. 

Smell of freshly cut grass

Smell of a new Argus catalogue.

Riding till 10pm without lights in the Summer.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Dog ownership.

No matter what a little **** the little **** can be I love the little ****

malv173
    Free Member

A DJ Shadow album.

Our two greyhounds. Absolute idiots at times, but fill me with joy constantly.

Seeing any footage of crowds being cajoled into chanting ‘f the tories.’

Depot Bakery sourdough bread.

Riding my bike. As someone said earlier, there’s a range of emotions involved, but to not be able to would be sh@t.

winston
    Free Member

I’ve often been disappointed by a bike ride, sometimes me, sometimes the bike – a really irritating mechanical or awful weather…but I’m struggling to think of a disappointing ride on my fat bike. Every time I think about moving the old girl on to make space for another bike I just think how boring life would be without the odd big bouncy pogo grin inducing nonsense ride and stay she does. 

thenorthwind

Having proper mudguards on my bike in November. Or any other month.

slowoldman

On the other hand I have been disappointed in all of them compared to Trinity Sessions.

Oh I like them all but granted Trinity Sessions is very special.

kayak23

A decent schralp.

winston
    Free Member

THE Trinity SESSION!!!!!

One session, one day, one session only!!! Not sessions, not a series of recordings, just one amazing day of creative talent and amazing reverb

(actually they finished one of the songs later but it was basically one session and Misguided Angel was done in a single take!!)

Session. Just sayin.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Clutch gigs.
    Solving a bouldering problem I’ve been struggling with.
    Flat out on the bike.
    Yer maw.

Thank God she fell asleep before she got a chance to demonstrate. Dodged a bullet there.

Or missed an opportunity.

Tabasco Sauce’s ability to improve a ration pack meal.

Or food at sea. Never really had it since.

Our two greyhounds. Absolute idiots at times, but fill me with joy constantly.

Mine is currently buttfacing, as is his M.O.

markspark
    Free Member

Fox’s crinkle crunch biscuits

Ambrose

A really hot bath.

doomanic

Bacon

Don’t ever go to the cafe on the estate where I work then.

garethjw

Lucy Dacus

mogrim

Cheese on toast. 

And my first coffee in my Friday Mug, letting me know the weekend is coming.

gowerboy

A sea kayak trip on the West Coast
    A Levellers gig
    My Paramo Velez smock (yes I know YMMV)
    A bike touring/packing trip

mogrim

A Levellers gig

Met up with my university mates for a near-30 year reunion, the excuse was a Levellers gig. I was never a fan, but figured it would be worth it to see them. I managed about 30 minutes, christ they’re just as **** as ever. Nice t shirts, but ****ing awful music. 

squirrelking
    Free Member

Bit like Cradle of Filth then.

slowoldman

One session, one day, one session only!!! Not sessions, not a series of recordings, just one amazing day of creative talent and amazing reverb

And one mic.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Beer

The cat

failedengineer

Richard Thompson

Mortimer and Whitehouse go fishing

Cracking open the throttle on a reasonably powered motorcycle.

onewheelgood

A weekend at Oldskool
    Monsoon Estates coffee
    High as a Kite at Nant-yr-Arian
    A week in Samoëns
    Shimano XT
    Mikkeller

The Blockheads

fasthaggis

A big skein of geese.
    Meteorite showers.
    Those seconds after launching off a 10m platform.
    Red squirrels

gowerboy

Met up with my university mates for a near-30 year reunion, the excuse was a Levellers gig. I was never a fan, but figured it would be worth it to see them. I managed about 30 minutes, christ they’re just as **** as ever. Nice t shirts, but ****ing awful music. 

Well at least they are consistent! I heave enjoyed every time I have seen them… 

gowerboy

Red squirrels is a good one… but I think you could add kingfishers, dolphins and ospreys (when fishing).  Many seabirds would qualify too. Oh, drumming snipe heard from a tent.  Corncrakes 

Also my Pamir Hypercracker.

Merak

A BJ in my life.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 108 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.