Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • I have narrow it down to tow help me choose.
  • juan
    Free Member

My new commuter. It had to have disck brakes and be made of steel and obviously have 700 wheels.
    So I have managed to narrow it down to 2.
    Kona Rove CX.
    Pro : It’s a kona, I can get it at the LBS, its green and it might be better f I want to use it as a road bike.
    Con : It is not available frame only yet, it is a road bike so putting brakes on the drop is going to be tricky and its a drop bar.

Cotic road rat.
    Pro : It’s going to be very easy to put brakes and shifter and it might make me feel more “at home” plus it might take bigger wheels.
    Con : not available at LBS, might be a bit of a pig and I am not sure of the handling. Plus I don’t work in IT any more so not sure a cotic is acceptable 😉

tinribz
    Free Member

Would choose the cotic X over the roadrat, also available in green and disc. Salsa Vaya, Kaffenback and Croix der fer would fit the bill, the ones I’ve seen on here recently look nicer than the Kona.

Sancho
    Free Member

the kona in the flesh is a lot nicer than the pics, a mate has one, and its just ace

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    prettygreenparrot

I really like the look of the Rove and the Jake. But as I can’t afford a new commuter bike unless it’s through the work bike to work scheme and via halfords and up to £1000 I think I’ll have to pick the Boardman CX Team.

househusband
    Free Member

Kona Rove reviewed in the new ‘Cycling Plus’; crux is pretty much ‘good but heavy’.

juan
    Free Member

househusband what is ‘heavy’ nowadays? I am commuting on my first bike, 11kg. Is it going to be heavier?

househusband
    Free Member

I haven’t an opinion; I was merely summarising the review.

househusband
    Free Member

I’ll scan it in the morning and email it if you like.

juan
    Free Member

sure no probs, jfernandezcarmona@gmail.com

tthew

@prettygreenparrot. If you ring the Halfords customer services number they can get loads of different makes and models, you’re not just stuck with their usual offerings. Also, loads of different bike shops accept the Halfords vouchers.

juan
    Free Member

Where can I get more info about the X and the road rat?

TomB

Cycling plus have the rove listed at 11.9kg for size 56cm.

juan
    Free Member

WOW that is quite a lot. Seems very strange.

MoreCashThanDash

Have you already decided against the Pinnacle Arkrose? I’ve just got the “3” version on C2W and the new bike grin just will not go away!

househusband
    Free Member

Juan; scanned and sent!

juan
    Free Member

MCTD I am looking after a steel fame. But TA anyway

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘I have narrow it down to tow help me choose.’ is closed to new replies.