Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • I have manflu
  • NZCol

Holed up in bed since Tuesday pm with 40 deg temp. Frankly at 3am this morning as I wallowed in my own juices I would have happily died !
    Any recommendations for good viewing in Prime ?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Sure it’s not something a little more…. topical…?

oldtennisshoes

Not on prime, but Giri/Haji on the iPlayer is worth a watch.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/m0009dzp/girihaji

and if you want any more Kelly McDonald then there’s The Victim too
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m00041yn/the-victim-series-1-episode-1

jam-bo

Vikings.

There is lots of it…

maccruiskeen

I am legend

the Andromeda Strain

that one about the guy who thinks he has rabies but then thinks he doesn’t and nobody believes him

NZCol

No I’m pretty sure it’s not Covid-19 and just plain manflu

Ta. Just watched Le Ride which was pretty cool

duncancallum

Chernobyl?

zilog6128

ARRRRRRGH this really grinds my gears!!! “Manflu” is when a man has the sniffles but claims to basically be dying (implying that a woman would “just get on with it” in the same situation). You have ACTUAL flu. WTF is wrong with our dumbed-down, hashtag society that nobody understands this??!!

Also, get well soon.

The (new?) Bones Brigade film on Prime is good if you have even a passing interest in skateboarding.

NZCol

I didn’t want to be claiming to have proper flu as my wife says I should toughen up !

MoreCashThanDash

I’m with zilog. You have flu. Manflu is a cold, and we’ve created a stupid phrase that makes a mockery of genuinely ill people.

Rest up, lots of fluids, get well soon.

PS – are you posting from a cruise ship?

perchypanther
    Free Member

You have ACTUAL flu.

Unlikely. If you had actual flu then getting on t’internet to get boxset recommendations would be far down your list of priorities.
    You have the common cold.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

In case you have been living under a bigger rock than I…
    The Expanse
    Elementary
    Bosch
    Goliath
    Life In Pieces (for light hearted comedy sketches)
    12 Monkeys series
    Black Sails
    Hell On Wheels

kerley
    Free Member

Unlikely. If you had actual flu then getting on t’internet to get boxset recommendations would be far down your list of priorities.

Tend to agree although Covid19 doesn’t seem to incapacitate all people to that level

No I’m pretty sure it’s not Covid-19 and just plain manflu

Have you got a home testing kit or something?

kayak23

Chernobyl?

No, it’s just a head cold.

perchypanther
    Free Member

No, it’s just a head cold.

🙂 Well played

v8ninety

Tend to agree although Covid19 doesn’t seem to incapacitate all people to that level

Because Covid-19 has more in common with the common cold (the four other endemic human corona viruses cause common cold symptoms) than with influenza maybe?

Temp of 40deg (really quite incapacitating, although everyone is different) is extremely unlikely with a ‘common cold’ type virus.

Get well soon, do Breaking Bad from the start (whether or not you’ve seen it before) 👍🏼

NZCol

Bones Brigade was great, and I’m still alive for those I know were worried. I’m definitely under the weather.

Kryton57

You have ACTUAL flu.

You have the common cold.

This.

14 days ago I had gastroenteritis and at the same time my hair and skin started to hurt – always a sign of a bad illness  I couldn’t look at a screen/light for more than 10 mins such was the intensity of the light and the pounding headache.

A visit to the Docs confirmed Gastro with a bout of an actual Flu on top – cue 10 days of the worst moments of my life.   I’m still have aches and pains and a mild headache now.

RicB

Spiking a temp at 40deg and in bed for 2 days = proper flu

Edit- Jack Ryan is easy watching. The Boys is also very good.

Kahurangi

The old saying I’ve heard is that if you had flu, looked out the window and saw a £20 note, that you wouldn’t be able to go and get it.

I’ve had flu once and was in bed for a week (missed lectures, finals year). Do not recommend.

That said, I do suffer when having a cold. Sometimes it’s ok and I get on with it. Often I’m a snotty mess surrounded by sodden handkerchiefs (ffnnar), nacking paracetamol to get through the day. I’ll happily refer to that as manflu.

Back on topic, have you see/read Good Omens?

sockpuppet

I few years ago I Was quite ill with a severe cold. I hesitate to call it flu, but I felt especially rubbish, achey, it hurt to move my eyes. I was roundly told to man up, get on with things and look after the kids.

Then a couple of days later my wife got the same condition.

It’s fair to say that a little more sympathy was sent my way when she realised how awful I’d been feeling!

piemonster

https://www.nhs.uk/news/medical-practice/three-quarters-of-people-with-flu-have-no-symptoms/

We could all have flu without knowing it.

*books tomorrow as a sick day*

I was always under the impression that specific symptoms are more important than severity?

zippykona

BillMC

implying that a woman would “just get on with it”

Surely a woman would have birdflu?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘I have manflu’ is closed to new replies.