Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • I have a dog shaped hole in my life
  • onehundredthidiot

As two well known stick chewers they got a plastic stick and yes it causes much mirth.

grantway
    Free Member

unklehomered – Member

@grantway

Angus sends hugs, snuffles and an over excited snot in the face. He thanks you for giving a fellow Goldie a loving home and offers a suck on his best raggie any time…

Thanks Unklehomered
    Seeing your pic of Angus brought floods of memories and happiness
    Give Angus a big hug from us.
    Golden Retrievers are great.

Sandwich

Sorry to hear that Dez.

MrGrim

Love a good dog thread! Tara the Lurcher

andyl
    Free Member

I got jumped on by our springer when I got back from work this afternoon. Best thing to come home to 😀

onehundredthidiot

Rorschach
    Free Member

Go to be a dog owner for a week last month…..we may have had some fun

toby1

Not helping my current dog cravings. Although so many of you seem to live in more picturesque places than I do!

bruneep

No he’s not dead! Mates working westie knackered after tackling vermin on farm.

Then there is my saft dug!

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

My sisters collie was a great companion on some big mountain walks, but he died unexpectedly at 9yo. I did a solo dash up Pen y gent on Friday and with time to contemplate on descent I really missed him. By coincidence I saw sister the next day and She mentioned it was 12 months ago since he’d gone.
    On Snowden summit

kerv
    Free Member

IMG_1176

Zero, gone over a year now and still miss him a lot

joolsburger
    Free Member

Wooster and Fitzgerald crashed in the van after a long day on the beach.

Dogs are brilliant might get another soon.

simmy
    Free Member

2 mad Labs

image by S1mmy1, on Flickr

The Boss. He’s about 13 and just loves chilling out but still enjoys playing with the Labs although they get a bit giddy and bowl him over. Still tells them off though…..

image by S1mmy1, on Flickr

Pridds

If you are thinking Greyhound then i heartily recommend you look into a Lurcher as they are great dogs.
    Lots of info here
    http://www.lurcherlink.org/llink/forum/index.php
    MrGrim she is lovely, beddlington whippet perhaps? Think i have seen the bath photo before and it makes me laugh everytime
    Here’s Wylie who is now 9 and has developed epilepsy but she is amazing and very chilled/easy company

iphone 220613 021 by IanPriddle, on Flickr

IMG_0514 by IanPriddle, on Flickr

IMG_0532 by IanPriddle, on Flickr

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

This is Musket.

He was 1 of 3 dogs hung from a tree by a rope, and the only 1 to survive.

He Is the most timid dog i have ever owned or seen, and will take some time to trust people again.

but he,s a good dog and well worth the effort

Pridds

Why would someone do that? WTF is wrong with some people?
    Good luck with him he’s a lovely looking lad

scotsman
    Free Member

Harris the hound sighting his next chase.

retrogirl
    Free Member

some great pics and love wylie prids what kind of lurcher is she? Its given me food for thought as any dog I get has to be cat friendly and good with other dogs and kids. I’ve been lucky with jess as she’s been so laid back and fitted in and is extremely good natured. I was fixed on a greyhound but am worried about their prey drive esp when out and about. So much to think about and also Mr retro is slowly coming round the idea so I don’t want him to say told you so if it goes horribly wrong

meribelmtb
    Free Member

We lost our greyhound Benny this winter and he was an amazing, gentle, Humpty, great with kids, could walk for hours or doze in a corner with equal aptitude. We would have got another but with the change in temperatures through the year and the change in lifestyle (Leeds to the Alps) we went for a Golden Retriever. Meet Rufus, who is currently breaking hearts on a UK road trip.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Dogs are ace.

This is Alfie, our Lab x Staffie (taken a few years ago)

These days he’s a bit greyer around the chops and a bit soggier round the midsection, but still just as full of beans.

We’ve lost him on a few occasions when he’s gone after deer, one time for a few days at a stretch. Very strong prey drive which we’ve never managed to overcome. He picked up a lot of terrier instincts and very little labrador.

Absolutely brilliant with our boy though, tolerates all sorts of poking/prodding without complaint.

Currently feeling very sorry for himself with a split dewclaw.

Karinofnine

He was 1 of 3 dogs hung from a tree by a rope, and the only 1 to survive.

Makes me so sad and angry, glad your boy is regaining confidence though.

I have two retired Greyhounds, they make wonderful pets.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘I have a dog shaped hole in my life’ is closed to new replies.