• This topic has 28 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by mefty.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • I have 1 chicken breast
  • scandal42
    Free Member

That’s right, 1 chicken breast.

Initial thought was some kind of club sandwich with chips and onion rings, but maybe there is another way, a path less travelled?

Inspire me with your expertise in singular chicken breast based cuisine.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

wrap it in parma ham, bit of olive oil and bake it for 40 minutes. Serve it with either pasta or caesar salad. Done.

johndoh
    Free Member

So you only have one chicken breast but you also have bread, potato, onions, milk, salt and flour?

So what else don’t you have but actually have?

But given the original ingredients, I would suggest a chicken cake (like a fish cake but with minced chicken instead).

Ie: Grate the potato, finely chop onion & chicken, dry bread and make into breadcrumbs, mixd with a little flour to bind, coat in egg and shallow fry.

sandwicheater

Huck it at the next passing old lady. That’ll teach them to be old.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Chicken risotto. Add a bit of Nandos extra hot piri piri sauce for flavour.

Cougar

For balance for all the trolling carnivores on the vegetarian threads, I feel compelled to suggest throwing away the chicken and getting a nice falafel and hummus wrap.

scandal42
    Free Member

Literally just spat coffee all over my keyboard, thanks for that 😆

In terms of me having other ingredients, this is true, but the chicken breast is the big daddy, the main event if you will.

Just realised I have a small portion of chicken and rosemary ravioli to accompany, so muppetwrangler is winning.

Cougar

Seems a bit late to be teaching them, they evidently know how to be old already.

benp1

Split open so it’s thin, dunk in egg or milk, dunk in breadcrumbs, fry

Yum

langylad
    Free Member

Wrap in bacon with red peppers, baby tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, a teaspoon of philadelphia, and a touch of balsamic. Wrap in tinfoil and cook. Then huck at passing octogenarian.

dknwhy

Use it as a stylus to order Dominos delivery.

hooli

Leave it on the worktop overnight, then eat raw tomorrow. Will be great for weight loss 😆

scandal42
    Free Member

benp1

You have it my friend, I am going to do that and then incorporate into a sandwich with cheddar and Malawi Gold hot sauce.

Side of chicken and rosemary ravioli and a couple of baked until crispy baby tats.

A nice carb fest ready for Snowdonia this weekend.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Bake for 40 mins? It’ll be like bloody biltong!

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Bake for 40 mins? It’ll be like bloody biltong!

🙂
    The parma ham is crispy but thats the point. Chicken is soft and succulent wrapped in a crispy piggy blanket.

jon1973
    Free Member

I have 1 chicken breast

Have you been bench-pressing with one arm?

slowoldman

Toast some sesame seeds in a pan then put on one side.
    Cut chicken into pieces, saute in oil for a few mins, add finely sliced ginger and cook another minute or two.
    Add a thinly sliced leek, cover pan and turn heat to low (water adhering to washed leek should be adequate moisture but if it is very dry add a splash on water or white wine).
    Cook some chunky pasta.
    When the pasta is done, take the chicken, leek, ginger mix off the heat, add a squirt of lemon juice, black pepper and the sesame seeds.
    Combine with pasta and serve.

soobalias
    Free Member

boil it.
    ignore the rest of the posters on this thread, most of them will be appearing in a diet thread near you shortly, incapable of understanding that 95kgs doesnt give them a repeatable bmi…

scandal42
    Free Member

Have you been bench-pressing with one arm?

I’d struggle with two let alone one.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

boil it.

Glad there’s not enough to share. 🙂

mos

Smash it flat & do a Parmo?

Scapegoat

benp beat me to it, but to add to his suggestion, put it between a folded sheet of clingfilm and beat it flat with a rolling pin, then cut the resulting butterfly into two halves, coat in flour, then dip seasoned beaten egg, then breadcrumbs before frying. Schnitzeltastic. Experiment with herbs and spices in the breadcrumbs. Works well with any poultry or game breast meat as well as pork loin and baby boy-cows’ bottoms……..

bruneep

wear it as a false boobie

Suggsey
    Free Member

Put it in your favourite w-nk sock as that’s all it will be good for now 😆

joolsburger
    Free Member

make a ten minute soup, fry garlic, spring onion, ginger and a couple of spoons of thai curry paste add 1 can coconut milk 2 cans stock + sliced chicken cook for 10 mins add egg noodles for 3 more finish with loads of chopped coriander and eat.

Works with any meat or fish TBH.

benp1

Do I win an invite for dinner? 😀

P-Jay
    Free Member

Butterfly it, pop it on the griddle and slap it in a bap.

frogstomp

Marinate in sweet chilli sauce and a squeeze of lime and then grill, basting in any remaining marinade as you go. Slice and serve on a bed of noodles with sweet peppers and spring onions.

mefty
    Free Member

slap it in a bap

Bruneep has already suggested that

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘I have 1 chicken breast’ is closed to new replies.