Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • "I hate God" on a t-shirt
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Saw someone yesterday walking around town wearing a “I hate God” t-shirt. I find a belief in God to be bizarre enough, and I’m presuming he must first believe in order to hate, but then to advertise your hate for God on a t-shirt, just as bizarre. Not some goth teen either, this chap must have been in his thirties.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

seems you had a few pre-conceived notions blown all at once there!

iDave
    Free Member

So what does Woppitt actually look like then?

mrblobby
    Free Member

I was tempted to stop and have a chat. Was most curious about this.

SaxonRider

iDave – Member
    So what does Woppitt actually look like then?

You stole the words right out of my mouth (or my keyboard). 😆

mrblobby
    Free Member

Not the most handsome of men. Had a bad ponytail. Didn’t look like he’d ride a bike but I could say that about a lot of my bike riding mates 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

Technically it means nothing! Rather like saying ‘I hate Mr’ ‘I hate Sir’ ‘I hate Lord’ God is a title not a person or being.
    So it’s a bit of a w***y teeshirt really, probably just like it’s owner.
    ‘I hate Gods’ might have been better, or I’m assuming he means ‘I hate Jehovah’
    I’m thinking of buying one that reads ‘I hate bell ends’

mrblobby
    Free Member

If you get one printed I’d buy one!

I think what puzzled me is that I assumed people either believed in God and thought he was great, or didn’t believe. To believe and hate seemed a bit bizarre. I wonder how much thought he’d put into his apparel.

bluebird
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure most people who believe in a Monotheism would say God is not just a title, but a specific being/person.

oldgit
    Free Member

I’ll have to Google that bluebird, so hang on.

scaredypants

tantamount to wearing a donald duck tie

glenh
    Free Member

I think what puzzled me is that I assumed people either believed in God and thought he was great, or didn’t believe. To believe and hate seemed a bit bizarre. I wonder how much thought he’d put into his apparel

Have you considered that he may not believe in god, but just likes pissing off people who do?

oldgit
    Free Member

Ah of course. Thing is what they beleive doesn’t change the meaning of ‘a word’ regardless of the proof of existance, there are many Gods.

tantamount to wearing a donald duck tie

Are they a no no then 😳

5thElefant
    Free Member

Possibly it’s just snappier than “I hate the fictional character of God as expressed by religious halfwits”?

I hate Allah would have been harder.

BoardinBob

Are you sure it wasn’t http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyehategod ?

MrSparkle

Slightly bizarre that this plonker can walk round with that on which must offend quite a lot of people but if he was to change the name from ‘God’ to say, ooh I don’t know, another religion’s main man then he would be vilified. I nearly said all hell would break loose.
    5th – beat me to it.

scaredypants

oldgit – Member
    Are they a no no then

Good lord 😉 no, they’re just as valid as, say, a **** (french connection UK) shirt

mrblobby
    Free Member

Surely they would take some solace from the fact that he actually believed in God?

Maybe I’ve put more thought into this that the wearer of said t-shirt?

oldgit
    Free Member

Good lord no, they’re just as valid as, say, a **** (french connection UK) shirt

Phew.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Assuming that the wearer had some level of intelligence and realised the illogical tautology of the message, it does seem likely that the intention was to offend.

Given that the impulse generated would more likely be an urge to convert the wearer to the alleged “love” of the alleged Nazarene, I think this would have been more effective, although requiring considerably larger family jewels to parade around in public…

samuri
    Free Member

Ooh I dunno, I’m quite fond of mine.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Is it unreasonable to hate a fictional character though? I hate Miss Marple.

sweepy
    Free Member

I hate Noddy, bloody goody two shoes.

Cougar

Ooh I dunno, I’m quite fond of mine.

Plural though, do you feel the same about everyone else’s?

kimbers

maybe he was angry as god had taken away a loved one

if you area christian forgive him

if you are god smite his ass

tom84
    Free Member

if it was ‘eye hate god’ they’re a band from new orleans

bluebird
    Free Member

If you turn that fish through 90° counter clockwise, it kind of looks a little bit like a very simple/stylised lady’s front bottom, and the very top of the inside of her thighs.

Perhaps Mary was, and consequently always lying down, So, it’s not a fish but Mary’s foofee.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Any link to the band Eye Hate God?

“foofee” word of the day 😀

My mate has a t-shirt that says: Your Retarded

(Note the grammar)

Love it.

LimboJimbo

Maybe he was a dyslexic cat person.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I still cringe about the fact I used to wear a tshirt with “Fu€|<ing hostile” written on it!! Teenagers 🙄

Lifer
    Free Member

EyeHateGod are pure New Orleans sludge:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj6XHuiQLvw[/video]

Bower Power!

derek_starship
    Free Member

I was at a gig at The Academy in Manchester a few years back and some charmer had a tee shirt with “Jesus is a c…” embalzoned across the back.

I was quite shocked by it.

tazzymtb

Derek, that’ll be an old cradle of filth T shirt then 😆

yunki
    Free Member

‘I ate God’ would have been slightly more impressive..

HermanShake
    Free Member

That eye hate god track sounds like a cross between that Wolfmother song and some QOTSA, not a bad thing.

Kevevs
    Free Member

It’s ok. non-harming attention seeker. They are everywhere. Don’t worry, there is nothing to fear.

tom84
    Free Member

other notable doom-sludge bands

grief
    iron monkey (from nottingham iirc)

i think the guy is still in prison for looting during the floods whilst armed, though this might have seemed a perfectly necessary thing to do given the circumstances.

iDave
    Free Member

I’d like ‘I ate Cod’ on the inside of a hat.

mikey74
    Free Member

I love Eyehategod: Seen them many times.

I have a Eyehategod t-shirt :mrgreen: It says “Kill your boss” on the back 8)

With reference to the OP: I think the t-shirt is actually meant to reflect an aggression towards authority, as much as anything. I could probably just as easily have said “I hate laws”, or “I hate the police” etc etc

Even if you don’t believe in god, many see the representation of “god” as a means of suppression and control, and therefore saying you hate god suggests that you are against such institutionalized control.

tazzymtb

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjvZ2r4gzxs[/video]

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘"I hate God" on a t-shirt’ is closed to new replies.