• This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by D0NK.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • I fought at Agincourt
  • Terrydactyl

Well my ancestors did. They have got this new database of medieval soldiers in the time of Henry V. So, you type in your surname and check if your great great grandad fired off arrows into the French.

Mine did….

here is the link

Medieval Soldier database

Handsomedog
    Free Member

Alas You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') AGAINST ('' IN BOOLEAN MODE)' at line 1 – could post that link again?

Drac

There's a few of the original origin of my surname but of couse it does not mean they are any relation what so ever.

tankslapper
    Free Member

I'm shocked – none of my Scottish ancestors where there 😆

rkk01
    Free Member

Ahhh, yes…..

… yeah olde English longbowmen myth

dave360

Cool, old Billy Clark was there giving it some:

William Clark Archer
    Captain: Richard Beauchamp Earl of Warwick
    Commander: Humphrey, Duke of Gloucester

1417 Exped France

bigG
    Free Member

Well chuffed to see that one of my ancestors was taking part in that fine moment in history, bet he had a bottle of irn bru with him as well!

Moses

don't forget that although we won that battle, the English lost the war.

(Funny how our history books mention Agincourt & Crecy, but not the many battles the English lost to the French)

bigG
    Free Member

One of my Scots ancestors was there! Bet he had a bottle of Irn Bru with him,

Drac

don't forget that although we won that battle, the English lost the war.

I thought we won the Lancastrian War?

Davros23
    Free Member

As my surname is Petit I didn't expect too many to be fighting for Henry but in fact there were 12. There you go…

elliptic
    Free Member

although we won that battle, the English lost the war.

To be fair, Henry V was all set to be crowned King of France, under the Treaty of Troyes, until he made the unfortunate mistake of dying from dysentery.

donald
    Free Member

I'm shocked – none of my Scottish ancestors where there

Given that we were allied with the French at the time I suspect that quite a few Scots were there 🙂

Drac

I wonder if bigG ancestors were there with a bottle of Irn Bru, I'm sure he'd mention it if they were.

D0NK

until he made the unfortunate mistake of dying from dysentery.

😆

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘I fought at Agincourt’ is closed to new replies.