Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • I feel like a night ride, but I'll be on my own…
  • benji_allen
    Free Member

..and I'm a bit scared. Am I just being a pussy?

Pook

MTFU

Johnboy373
    Free Member

No a monster chased me and my mate the other night!! They hide in dark quiet forests…….Be careful

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    benji_allen
    Free Member

I had the same problem with school girls. They're sooooooo nasty.

Johnboy373
    Free Member

The school girls in Glasgow have switch blades!!

benji_allen
    Free Member

Apparently in Brighton they've got penises.

Johnboy373
    Free Member

Lol Screw that(sorry)! I'd just stay in if I were you lol.

dogmatix

just make sure its not windy, because in the wind you wont be able to hear whats coming up behind you! WAAAA ha ha hahaaaaa!

benji_allen
    Free Member

I thought, if I covered myself in my own faeces no one will try and attack me.

dogmatix

lol that just might work… i have just started night riding (and solo)… second one last night… I'll admit to a little bit of the heebie jeebies… but i just rationalise it… theres nothing there but squirrels, foxes, badgers and deer… which i persoanlly find it amazing to come across deer and stuff… ive never seen a loose dog without an owner in the day so why would there be one at night… plus even if there was a rabid dog… a 26inch frame wrapped around its head would soon see to that… and then to make myself properly man up theres bloody women in canada doing 24hr enduros in bear country! So i rekon i can manage a squirrel attack… well depends how many of them there are… anything over ten and they might get the better of me…

stumpyjon

Look, if you crash and mangle yourself in the day on your own you're still pretty ****, same at night, get out there.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

Yep get out there the mad axe man just makes you ride harder thus good training

trio25
    Free Member

Night riding on your own can be quite good fun!

benji_allen
    Free Member

Weren't too bad really. Definitely less stops. Had a bit of a scream – a manly one – at a rabbit that ran across in front of me. Could do with a light for the lid though.

stucol
    Free Member

Pussy ?

Weeeeellll, there has been a big cat spotted where i go at night.

Not quite sure how to deal with that one should i ever come across it.

Scream like a big Jessie i guess !

I do have a patented Hope rabbit scarer, so they are not a problem.

benji_allen
    Free Member

Whereabouts is that?

stucol
    Free Member

Neilston Pad just to the south of Glasgow.

Local rag had a story about it a while ago.

Did meet a guy walking his big German Shepherd who said about a time when they heard a deep growling from the undergrowth. He said the dog was off like a rocket ! In the opposite direction !

Personally it's only deer, rabbits and buzzards i ever see. Phew !

therealhoops
    Free Member

I do all my night rides alone now 🙁 all my chums are gay (Flash, IJH I'm looking at you!) I find a hipflask helps alot.

Imabigkidnow
    Free Member

Just came back from one myself .. it's been snowing here .. halfway up the middle of nowwhere (access lane on a hill) man in the middle of the road on a very 'Brighon Beach' inflatable ring trying to slid down the lane with a torch in his hand.

we both gave each other a well funny look (and I told him off for making the lane even more slippy)
    Otherwise nothing other than the soft crump of snow and crackle of ice and 'panic' of pheasants

But yes I have a helmet mount so I can look over my shoulder.

Big cat sightings in the south downs too. .. most recently 3 weeks ago with the inlaws neighbours waking up to their dog going mental out the window at a large dark snarling thing [shiver] at their front gate over Midhurst way.

benji_allen
    Free Member

Apparently big cat attacks are more likely on a person on a bike. They get confused with humans normally because they are thin and tall, rather than being long like most animals. Although most animals don't have a blinding light at the front and a disco going on at the back.

Coyote
    Free Member

Animals are the least of your worries. It's the werewolves and trolls that shit me up. Don't get me started on scarecrows…

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

we all shit ourselves when we are out on a solo night ride. If you don't admit it your a chuffing liar!

It's illogical but it happens!

benji_allen
    Free Member

Get the army up the hill near us sometimes. Was out with the dog one night and walked straight into a bunch of them in the woods. They were dead silent, but I must've caught sight of some sort of lens or something, and it looked like the back of a f****** massive eye reflecting light. Scared the **** out of me.

takisawa2

There hasn't been an axe murder for ages so statistically speaking you could be next. Done plenty of rides on Cannock Chase in the dark. Can usually smell a stag if one is close. Remember happening on a group one night, they didn't move an inch, just stood looking at me, so I gave them plenty of room.

Pembo
    Free Member

I was tracked by someone with a laser sight in Delamere. You've seen the films where the guy sees the red dot on him before the bullet takes him out? It's not very nice when the dot is tracking you down the trail.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘I feel like a night ride, but I'll be on my own…’ is closed to new replies.