Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • I fancy some bar ends
  • pootle
    Free Member

I know that bar ends are deeply unfashionable and there is not the same need for them on riser bars but I can envisage them being useful for getting a different hand and shoulder position and thus help with fatigue.

Does anyone else use bar ends for this reason? How do you find them?

FuzzyWuzzy

They’re useful if you ride in the woods a lot to with trees close to the trail edge, saved me a mangled little finger once or twice. I only have them now on a flat bar’d singlespeed though, mainly for comfort/leverage when climbing standing up, just using the Ergon combined grip/bar-end ones, stubby but they work well.

loddrik
    Free Member

Use bar ends on my hybrid, my hands are on them 80% of the time. Wouldn’t be without them. Who cares if they are fashionable or not.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    clubber
    Free Member

I still use them. I do find that other than on flat sections with a big head wind or if I ride a long road section that I don’t really use them much now given the width of current bars. I’m considering removing them for those reasons…

rocketman
    Free Member

mrs.rocket has some on her bike. Claims that it helps her get forward on the climbs without being forward all the time, if that makes sense

steviecapt
    Free Member

i use the ergon gp3 grips, these have 3 finger bar ends to grip on, the reason i bought them was that i was getting pins and needles in my hands after a long ride, these grips give you a possible 4 places to grip on so you dont end up with sore wrists or palms on long rides, as far as fashion goes i couldnt care less what other people think im not that shallow lol

The-Beard

I used to use Ergon GX2 (with carbon bar ends) all the time but I’ve since switched to a wider riser bar and have to say I haven’t missed the bar ends. I may yet try a wide flat bar and see if I like bar ends on that but for now I’m happy without. So much so I’m selling the ergon’s if you’re interested 😉

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Yep, I use them all the time, preferred place to put my hands tbh. Also, really good for pulling against on steep/rocky climbs on the SS.

Any excuse to post this;

doncorleoni
    Free Member

Yup would not be without now!

bearnecessities

A bike isn’t complete without bar-ends; but I am stuck in 1996.

EDIT: Aahhh sod it 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘I fancy some bar ends’ is closed to new replies.