Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • I dropped my phone, the screen is black and blue, what next?
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

I dropped my phone, a couple of months old Samsung Galaxy 3, the screen is now all but dead, just a sad black and blue. It’s not insured. Am I screwed or is there someone than can fix it?

Gary_M
    Free Member

It’s just bruised, it’ll be fine once the swelling goes down.

glupton1976
    Free Member

Stick some ice on it and feed it some painkillers.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stumpy01

Found this…

http://www.samsungphonerepairs.co.uk/Samsung/Galaxy/Galaxy-S3-(i9300)-Repairs

Looks like you need a new external screen and LCD. Not cheap. £160 on that site. There’s probably loads of other sites doing similar things. Or do you have a shopping centre nearby? All the ones near me have a mobile phone stall where blokes seem to spend the whole day taking phones apart and repairing them….

seavers
    Free Member

Chuckle….

sicklilpuppy
    Free Member

You can get new screens, but cheap isn’t in the description. Got quoted £150 fof the OH s3 from a local phone shop a few months ago.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

The screen isn’t cracked, but I suspect it’s a single unit. I wonder what Orange would charge me for a new one given it’s been superseeded by the S4?

jodafett

If you have a bank account like RBS Royalties Gold it will be insured. I just got a replacement iPhone with no fuss.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I only have an RBS business account.

jodafett

Close, but no cigar 😉

kimbers

ouch! if it was just the screen youd be fine- just replaced my cracked one on my huwai for 12 quid from hong kong and was dead easy too with a bit of youtbe guidance

if you need the lcd unit too then you are lookinng at 100+!

house insurance?

CountZero

Genius!

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Its the screen price thats prohibitive, like the iphone 5 screen they £100+

The actual screen swap is the cheap/easy bit

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Check on your household policy for accidental damage cover.
    After that I reckon orange used to do one where you could buy a years worth of insurance from the point you broke it though best to get a quote for the replacement screen from a few “we fix any mobile” places. Used one a while back and it was done well as the price may be similar.

and yes the screen is actually expensive, it all adds up in modern phones.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I got a recommendation from a guy who dropped his off a roof for a guy in Edinburgh that can repair them. His was around £150 with a broken screen. I will let him see it and see what he thinks. Thanks for the help on this folks.

Cougar

Ring your provider and tell them it “stopped working.”

SkillWill
    Free Member

I have a Nexus 4 and totally smashed the screen. Dropped it several times from a beam in the garage during the same rollers session (what a spanner). Anyway looked around and everywhere online quoting £160ish. Took it to Carphone Warehouse and they sent it away, back a week later all done for £79.99. I would strongly recommend you give them a try. Doesn’t matter whether you bought phone from them.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Fix/replace and put inside griffin or otterbox protective case

Folks give me stick for my case – dropped my iphone more times than i care to think. Still as new after at least 3 years

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘I dropped my phone, the screen is black and blue, what next?’ is closed to new replies.