Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • I do like a steel hardtail
  • thepodge
    Free Member

chiefgrooveguru – It’s nothing too complicated

Thanks, interesting use of shorter forks and an angleset.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Someone say something nice about my bike before I have a real big sulk

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

There’s something about those FastForwards that’s very aesthetically unappealing. I love that paint splatter bike though. Was it Raleigh Activators that had something similar. Perhaps my old Emmelle Cheetah? Takes me back!

That looks lovely chief. Got a more sideways on photo? Purely out of interest.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Someone say something nice about my bike before I have a real big sulk

looks bloody ace, so much so I assumed you didn’t need the compliment.

honourablegeorge

Stevet1 – Member

looks bloody ace, so much so I assumed you didn’t need the compliment.

Same here thought it was real nice.

Gotama
    Free Member

It’s not mine but I think this Swarf looks about perfect from an ‘oooh nice hardtail’ perspective….

ThePinkster

I love that paint splatter bike though. Was it Raleigh Activators that had something similar.

My GT Avalanche from about 1990 has a paint splatter finish.

That was steel framed too, Tange unless I’m much mistaken. Was a great ride until I bent it.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Flattery will get you everywhere

Defender
    Free Member

My ’91 Trek 850 had a splatter paint finish, black and white over red.

jakebeach

In response to honourablegeorge, I’m one of them in the uk waiting for a fastforward. Week 17-28 too for a large black

Klunk
    Free Member

someone needs to sort out the cables and brake hoses out on those fast forwards.

singlespeedstu

I’m one of them in the uk waiting for a fastforward. Week 17-28 too for a large black

If you don’t like it i’ll take it off your hands.
    Oh and be sure to post some pics up when you get it.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Likewise!

simon406
    Free Member

Love my dialled alpine ..150 mm travel u turn forks and bombproof !! Enjoy riding it more than my full sus

qwerty
    Free Member

I like the green one.

The green one at the top has a godawful dropped / kinked chainstay.

Clearly a Marmite thing, but its required to enable mounting the caliper inside the frame, a small frame has less space hence more bend. Seat-stays look clean in the flesh as no caliper hanging off the back.

Pretty… It almost looks like a jump bike it’s so slack.

Its a trail bike not a jump bike, 15.5″ frames have this visual appearance. 66′ head angle. I don’t think you’d wanna be dirt jumping something so long & slack.

mark90
    Free Member

The cable tie on that TJ needs trimming, or turning through 180° 😀

honourablegeorge

jakebeach – Member
    In response to honourablegeorge, I’m one of them in the uk waiting for a fastforward. Week 17-28 too for a large black

Nice. I went for raw, for “looks liek the other two in the shed” reasons.

I get the feeling I’ll be obsessively checking my phone for emails come Monday. We might need to form some kind of support group.

honourablegeorge

singlespeedstu – Member

If you don’t like it i’ll take it off your hands.
    Oh and be sure to post some pics up when you get it.

I think there might still a few left from the first production run, Stu. Theyre not all accounted for with Kickstarter orders.

monkeyboyjc

This is more my cup of tea at the moment….

singlespeedstu

I think there might still a few left from the first production run, Stu. Theyre not all accounted for with Kickstarter orders.

No larges left. 😡
    I’ve emailed them and asked to be put on the list for one of the spare frames.

carbonjones
    Free Member

honourablegeorge,

I also went for the black FF in large, I’ll be initially building up as a 29er, but do fancy having a play with 650b+, maybe even just on the rear…

you going 140 or 150 forks ?

shotbybothsides
    Free Member

I love steel hard tails! Those above are all very nice and I’ve just done a ride across Cannock Chase on my rigid Road Rat, marathon tyres, Mary bars, carbon seat post, that’s it. Massive confidence everywhere and an endless grin. My other faves are Solaris29 100mm, RM Blizzard26 130mm, Cotic Soul26 140mm. #singlespeedstu : BH Sunday under Netherton?

ceepers

On my second, from soul26 to this. It’s really a very fun bike, maybe a slightly portly frame uphill but mega smile inducing down.

singlespeedstu

#singlespeedstu : BH Sunday under Netherton?

Translation please?

Northwind

Andy R – Member

That Fastforward must end up with a big amount of trail though, with that slack a headtube angle and with standard offset (48-51mm?) forks. It just looks like it’s going to end up with 100mm + .Are they not a bit wandery and floppy in nadgery stuff and always wanting to climb the sides of ruts? Which is what my experience of too much trail results in.

It’s nothing outrageous tbh- once sagged it’s steeper than my 29er full suss and it doesn’t have any of those issues. Handling’s a result of a whole lot of factors, you can’t make projections so easily

core

My soul this afternoon:

honourablegeorge

arbonjones – Member

you going 140 or 150 forks ?

140…. think I’m good with that

jakd95
    Free Member

Starting to think my Bfe with a 68.3 degree head angle is not slack enough..

ceepers

That’s partly why I swapped from a 26 soul to the trans am (& partly why I didn’t save up more for th soul 275)

Northwind

That’s why I changed from my old 26er Soul to a Ragley tbh. But it wasn’t “too steep”, it was a lovely handling bike, it just wasn’t what I wanted.

If it wasn’t for the funky rear end I’d have been pretty tempted by the last tbh, my Herb was awesome.

Loved the Last FF when I first saw the pre-production pics and nearly pulled the trigger on a kickstarter purchase. Firstly, I’d be majorly hacked off about the delay and secondly, the more I see it, the less I like it – it looks odd tbh!

I still don’t think much out there beats the Shan on my HT wishlist tbh, maybe a Stanton comes close….

breadcrumb

Just in there process of building up a Solaris, which is replacing my Kona Unit and 456.
    I’ve got a bit of a thing for steel I think.

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’m not so sure about the FF’s in those pics. Really liked the first pics I saw by those ones look a bit odd.

I’m another who likes a steel hardtail and am a big fan of the two Stantons I’ve had.

honourablegeorge

Good news for Fast Forward folks…..Frames arrived and are about to be shipped

jakebeach

Can’t wait for mine! Although I’ve only got the wheels and brakes.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘I do like a steel hardtail’ is closed to new replies.