Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • I can’t stop looking at this (Whyte content)
  • Kryton57

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gDAdbf]Screenshot 2019-07-21 at 18.36.54[/url]

Pretty isn’t is?  I was hooked on a Solaris but this’d be £600 cheaper.  I’m pretty sure It’d rock at Winter Swinley/Hadleigh and my local trails.

dallas95
    Free Member

You can get £100 discount on one at Rutland cycles with code SAVE100. HTH 🙂

Clink

Will it take 29er wheels as well?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    grtdkad

Has mboy got any left in his stock clear out?

Shop @ Missing Link Droitwich

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Was looking at one of these in my LBS yesterday.

A cracking looking bike.

Kryton57

Yup.

Any views on how much mud those wheels will carry over the winter, it looks a lot.   And, I’d have to sell on my Carbon Race HT to make space, leaving me with only the Spark to race on.

Looks like a barrel of fun though.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I’ve got the 901 which is essentially the same bike but without the dropper and a mines got a cheaper fork.
    Its a great bike and I love it but it has had its issues, freehub and back rim replaced under warranty and I’m still suffering with seatpost slippage (a common issue with the Whyte “getagrip” seat clamp design.

Stevelol
    Free Member

What is it?

thenorthwind

#betterthanspecialized

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I’m still suffering with seatpost slippage (a common issue with the Whyte “getagrip” seat clamp design

I was, but am now cleaning both interfaces and applying some carbon assembly paste to the face of the intergrip and only torquing to the recommended setting. Seems fine.

But all that seems irrelevant now as the 2020 models appear to have ditched it (along with the Crud Catcher mounts).

kelvin

the 2020 models appear to have ditched it

Good move.

cokie

I’m a massive fan of Whyte.
    My budget 529 frame had a better quality finish than my Cotic SolarisMax LS.
    Geomtry is great and the prices are keen.
    Hope they add a 29er equvilant of this to the range at somepoint.

Kryton57

What is it?

Its a Whyte 905, and for those that have mentioned it.  They do have the 529/629 which are 29ers but a lower spec than this.

benp1

Every ying needs some yang…

That bike looks like lots of bikes to me, doesn’t look that special. Doesn’t look bad but doesn’t stand out

Whyte also does nothing for me, good bikes, usually well priced, but it’s a head decision, not a heart decision

dissonance

I have a 2017 905. It is a lovely bike with no major problems (dropper stopped working for a bit but then decided to again).
    I would test ride it and see.

hols2
    Free Member

I don’t like the colour. Dull, boring. This is much better IMO.

petercook80
    Free Member

I very much like the 909 v2 – quite a bit more but lovely spec for me …..

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I very much like the 909 v2 – quite a bit more but lovely spec for me

Don’t the Shimano cup and cone hubs put you off? Last year’s had a Pro4 rear.

tdog
    Free Member

Let’s face it!

What on earth were Whyte thinking of when they agreed to the designer/frame colour guru who picked those stand out GASH colours.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

tdog
    Free Member

Still a solid’ish bike mind.

tails
    Free Member

Ive got a 2017 909 it’s a very nice bike, the weakest point being the wheels they just haven’t been tensioned enough. I would take it back to the shop for a retension but it’s a 100 miles away, also one of the spoke nipples broke. They do tape the wheels for you and I really got on with the wtb tyres. Frame is very nice, although the graphics are a bit a level graphics.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Red!

superstu
    Free Member

Have a 2018 905, few tweaks on the OP’s but still a similar frame (had no issue with the seat clamp design but can see it can cause issues). Great frame, an all round blast. I’d buy another.

funkmasterp

What is it?

I believe it’s the first bike from Rich Energy. You’ll not be able to buy one though as it only exists in photographs and shabby internet videos.

andykirk
    Free Member

Am I the only one who thinks matching the decals on forks/ rims etc to frame colour looks utter pants?

It is about the same level of aesthetic advancement as grannies with matching shoes and handbags.

tdog
    Free Member

Oi leave of the ops matching granny pants

Kryton57

What similar alternatives could you suggest?

superstu
    Free Member

Sonder transmitter is similar (spent quite a bit of time on one).

bikebouy
    Free Member

Looks slack and robust*

*heavy

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Whyte 905 has always looked good, just dunno if I’d ever go HT again.

Kryton57

Its funny you should say that, I could get a Vitus Escarpe or Radon Slide for the same price.

andykirk
    Free Member

The problem with Whytes for me has always been lack of rear tyre clearance (29ers) and lack of frame only availability. Otherwise I would probably own one by now.

petercook80
    Free Member

….

trumpton
    Free Member

I just saw the OP’s Whyte in a shop window. Looks great. Love the colour too.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Bird Zero 29, plenty of clearance and available in frame only.

Kryton57

A steel Piglet?

Image result for ragley piglet 2019

Kryton57

Or a P7

Image result for Orange P7

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘I can’t stop looking at this (Whyte content)’ is closed to new replies.