Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • I booked a hotel…
  • white101

on Sunday and today Premier Inn told me sorry find another one, and you’ll get your money back in three weeks.
    I’ve been getting emails off them every day for 3 weeks telling me they were all sorted and open for business, seems not. Also seems a bit of a racket to take money and within 3 days cancel your booking and not give you the cash back for 3 weeks.

EDIT: Anybody a recommend for the Clapham-ish area?

Trimix
    Free Member

Where is Lenny Henry when you need him, eh ?

maccruiskeen

Premier Inn told me sorry find another one,

meaning ‘find another Premier Inn because this one has a problem’?- such as some sort of localised outbreak or staffing problem?  Or find somewhere other than Premier Inn because we’re not open at all’?

I had no problem getting a Travelodge last week so they’re managing to function it would seem – try them

white101

@maccruiskeen Find another one because we are no longer opening this one, they didnt give me an option to swap the booking to another location. The booking is for next week but I don’t get the cash back for 3, its not a financial issue just a bit of short notice challenge

Flaperon

Let your credit card company deal with it. You’ll still get your money back and you won’t have to pay interest while you wait. Even better, the credit card company will charge Premier Inn a penalty for getting the money back.

bigblackshed

Let your credit card company deal with it. You’ll still get your money back and you won’t have to pay interest while you wait. Even better, the credit card company will charge Premier Inn a penalty for getting the money back.

And wait 6-8 weeks for the credit card company to process it. That was the timeframe I was given earlier this week by my credit card, after trying to get EasyJet to hurry up my refund.

white101

Anyway, I found another hotel not that far away from where I was originally and it only cost me another £100….

Today I’ve had an email from trainline telling me my train is now cancelled returning home. So I’ve done as they said and gone into my account and boy oh boy is it a minefield of link clicking to get an answer or your money back.

Apparently I have to go over to the station collect my invalid for travel tickets, cut them in half to prove invalidness and then send trainline a photograph to confirm. I click another link and it says don’t worry if you haven’t collected the tickets already as you won’t get them as they are cancelled, within a second an email pops in again from trainline telling me to travel to the station and have a pair of scissors handy and a camera.

Absolute anchors the lot of them.

oldtennisshoes

Absolute anchors the lot of them.

And then you’ll get your refund in travel vouchers. 🤬

kayak23

I booked a an hotel…

Ftfy

irc

kayak23
    Subscriber
    Ftfy

Or not. Both are used. The Guardian style guide suggests

use a before an aspirated H: a hero, a hotel, a historian

https://www.theguardian.com/guardian-observer-style-guide-a

ads678

And wait 6-8 weeks for the credit card company to process it. That was the timeframe I was given earlier this week by my credit card, after trying to get EasyJet to hurry up my refund.

I’ve been waiting over 3 months and still don’t know if i’m gonna have to try Travel Insurance instead…..

white101

My day with Trainline has been a complete joke.

I definitely need to travel to the station and get the tickets and take photographs of them before my refund process can begin. At first they said I didn’t, then the 2nd person said there was no evidence of tickets booked on my account and finally the message states stay safe and only make necessary journeys but we must get you to print out those invalid tickets. FFS

So don’t travel to collect the useless tickets for another 2 weeks when you make your journey, send us the photos and then we will start the process which may take 3 weeks.

In the mean time they have £300 from me.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘I booked a hotel…’ is closed to new replies.