Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • I bet none of you can pronounce this as intended.
  • skidartist
    Free Member

A Dash has a compartment for stringbacked gloves and a Hyphen is a mythical beast, made of scrag ends of other animals held together with No More Nails

RealMan
    Free Member

A dash is used instead of “to”. eg: 8-10 years old, 90-100 pringles per can, etc. etc.

A hyphen is used so connect words (hyphenated).

_ is an underscore.

john_drummer
    Free Member

why are we all giving grammar lessons to the OP? It’s not him that needs them 😉

Hairychested
    Free Member

There is an internet forum where the answer can be found. Link here: http://www.topix.com/forum/city/jonesboro-ar/TKOOU1B26AMOIFA8P/p2

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I’m thinking of calling my impending child Sebastian. Will he be treated as an outcast for being the only kid at school with a normal name?

TiRed

‘Darren’ just appeared in the middle of the 20th Centry. There were no Darrens, then suddenly there were lots and nobody really knows why.

Indeed, my name is effectively over, a small epidemic

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Will he be treated as an outcast for being the only kid at school with a normal name?

“Sebastian” is a normal name ?

Where do you live ?

bassspine
    Free Member

“Sebastian” is a normal name ?

+1

locomotive

A Dash has a compartment for stringbacked gloves and a Hyphen is a mythical beast, made of scrag ends of other animals held together with No More Nails

Post of the week.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I am also impressed Loco! quality, very creative!

Sebastian does have some innate evilness I can’t describe though.

molgrips
    Free Member

Darren is presumably something Irish. It comes up in Welsh place names a fair bit, but no-one without Welsh connections calls their kids Welsh names. It’s all Irish this and that.

scaredypants

I bet none of you can pronounce this as intended

has shibboleth turned up yet ?

mamadirt
    Free Member

Ella?

lipseal
    Free Member

Reckon its Welsh for eBay, someone had to do it..

Marge
    Free Member

Sebastian does have some innate evilness I can’t describe though.

That’ll be my eldest then 🙂

tree-magnet
    Free Member

molgrips – Member
    Darren is presumably something Irish. It comes up in Welsh place names a fair bit, but no-one without Welsh connections calls their kids Welsh names. It’s all Irish this and that.

I’m called Gareth, despite having zero Welsh connections.

We called our son Samuel, so I’m sure he’ll be ridiculed at school for not being called Daytona KFC or sommat. He’s got “Chaz” as a middle name, so hopefully that’ll make up for it.

brant
    Free Member
    yunki
    Free Member

ledasha…. obviously… and after all the OPs pantomoime I had better win a flipping big proize

tyger
    Free Member

we know of someone that called their daughter “Female” pronounced
    Fee mar lay !!!!!!!!!

Chevin
    Free Member

How long before there are kids at school called LOL & MILF?

[normal name]Matthew[/normal name]

😕

philconsequence
    Free Member

Is it wrong to call my kids “m@” (mat) and “2l_0” (tooelunderscoreo – mother’s Mexican) ?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Thanks for the link Brant – an interesting story. It would appear that the Self-Congratulatory Judgemental Movement has a global reach – well beyond the Daily Mail and STW.

I particularly liked the reference that many of the forwards had the comment “And we let these people vote!!!!”
    It’s hard to imagine more typical language of a STW ranter.

lipseal
    Free Member

I was close then….

skidartist
    Free Member

The question now is whether Mr Monkey has been duped into forwarding a hoax email or whether life has started to imitate art – like so – and his wife’s friend really does have a L_a in her class. If she does then Mr Monkey wins a prize 🙂

U31
    Free Member

I have never read such utter rot in all my born years.
    Total claptrap. The case is proven for a list of government sanctioned names.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I have never read such utter rot in all my born years.

I’m sure you have – you’ve been here for at least a year.

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘I bet none of you can pronounce this as intended.’ is closed to new replies.