Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • I appear to have a bit of wood stuck under my eyelid
  • molgrips
    Free Member

And it’s proving hard to shift. I got lots of sawdust in my face yesterday, and this seems to be one of those that has become stuck.

Any ideas?

camo16
    Free Member

Watch Marley & Me.

The tears will free your wood.

Junkyard
    Free Member

The tears will free your wood.

Sniggers

DrP

I squeezed a sore spot on my finger this morning – a 5mm long splinter shot out.
    Maybe really squeeze your eyeball??

DrP

johndoh
    Free Member

Get it removed at the docs or the cornea could start to grow over it.

(Personal experience – rusty metal needing removal at the hospital after I left it for two weeks).

wwaswas

Would that be Aqueous Humour from DrP?

Keva
    Free Member

eye bath? a small glass or a cup full of water should work.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I had some wood in my eye yesterday but a salty bath sorted it out in no time.

d45yth
    Free Member

You just need a woodwasp and an eggcup…put the wasp in the eggcup and hold it over said eye. 🙂

organic355
    Free Member

Gees another wood store thread 🙄

slackalice
    Free Member

Ouch.

+1 for the eye bath. Use Optrex if you can, I find it helps ease the discomfort.

I hope it wasn’t oak?

molgrips
    Free Member

Oak? No, probably softwood from my new mouldy caravan… slightly less mouldy than the last one mind, and far better made.

matt_outandabout

You have a log in your eye? Not a chip on the shoulder?
    😉

DrP

Bravo Sir. Bravo.

If it’s sore, I would ring the minor injury unit for advice – you probably need a slit lamp in order to hold your head still and scrape the wood out.

Failing that, come see me – I’ve got a drawer full of termites we could push under the lid to get rid of the wood..

DrP

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s not sore as such, just a minor irritation. Having said that, it’s sore where I’ve been trying to excavate the thing.

I’ve got a drawer full of termites we could push under the lid to get rid of the wood..

I fear they might go for my brain instead.

bigyinn
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member

I had some wood in my eye yesterday but a salty bath sorted it out in no time.
    Snork! Dirty boy.

29erKeith
    Free Member

Off to the Eye hospital for you

I had the same, it turned out it had gone by the time I’d got to the hospital. It had scratched my eye and eyelid though, full check over both eyes and they gave me some antibiotic cream for it too, in and out in under an hour.

miketually
    Free Member

I had to go to A&E to get some sawdust removed from above/behind my eyeball after a gust of wind while cleaning out our chickens.

WackoAK
    Free Member

I had to google that 😳 😀

TiRed

Top or bottom? If top, pull out eye lid, press on he outside with the round end of a paper clip to invert. Wash eye with warm water using an egg cup or eyebath. Replace eyelid. If it still won’t come out, go to A&E.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’ve tried doing that trick the optician does for the inside out eyelid, I can’t get it to work.

It’s on the move now, contact lenses are out and it keeps wandering across my field of view. It may be an eyelash dislodged whilst blinking out the sawdust last night, in fact.

CountZero

wwaswas – Member

andyl
    Free Member

optrex eyewash is pretty good. I keep a bottle in the car now.

wrightyson
    Free Member

After getting a shard of glass in the eye I went to the very basic minor injury unit down the road. I genuinely thought she had blinded me by the time she finished poking and prodding. 😯

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘I appear to have a bit of wood stuck under my eyelid’ is closed to new replies.