Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • i am REALLY looking forward to getting my first decent road bike :-)
  • racefaceec90

apologies for the droning on in advance 😳 but i have wanted a road bike for over 20 odd years (actually earlier than that/back to the late 80’s when greg lemond was in le tour/freewheel catalogues with rossin/peugeot bikes 😀

i did have one road bike (a raleigh elan early 90’s) that i really liked/but a van driver pulled out on me when i had right of way on a roundabout (bent the front 😡

anyhoo finally i will soon be getting one of these 😀

i just cannot wait tbh.even though it’s the cheapest tarmac in the range,it will be all the road bike i’ll ever need (and when funds allow,i will be upgrading the stuff on the bike).

now i just need to start getting some fitness (and then trying to set off speed cameras 😉

p.s i still love mountain biking by the way (my duster),but it will be nice not to have to spend hours cleaning the bike (due to the chalk/clay of marlbrough downs/ridgeway e.t.c when i rarely go out in the rain (too much a lightweight 😳

titusrider
    Free Member

I found when i moved to wiltshire (chippenham) i pretty quickly bought a road bike!

the MTB is a bit limited compared to the surrey hills where i come from! and the country lanes are pretty nice too

donks
    Free Member

Im still dissapointed that you gave up on the fun bike Raceface…you know the one. What happened to it in the end anyway?…nice bike that.

Im saving the road bike purchase for a while yet…when its just too embarrassing to ride the BMX…probably sooner than I think TBH.

Anyway hope you enjoy 🙂

racefaceec90

it’s been p/xed towards the road bike (i was abysmal at riding the bmx 😳 it’s currently hanging up in melksham cycle centre (2012 wethepeople zodiac for anyone interested).

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Two mates have just bought Speshies and I was looking but bought a Cube instead. We are MTB’ers but just fancied a roadbike again after 10 years without. Nearly 300 miles in after 3 weeks. Thinking Lands End to JOG in 2014 , so building up to it slowly !!!

stever
    Free Member

Small confession: I haven’t ridden anything but road or cross in ages. Enjoy!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘i am REALLY looking forward to getting my first decent road bike :-)’ is closed to new replies.