Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • I am in a LOT of trouble!!
  • igm

I tend to get “so long as you can afford it” followed by “it’s probably my turn for a new bike next” followed by our elder son asking when he can have another bike.

wilburt
    Free Member

Order two more, at some point they lose count and then interest.

boltonjon

Long Haired General

Love this phase 🙂

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

All my bikes have names, the last one is called “Reasonable Grounds for Divorce”.

timber

Dragged my wife around the hand made bike show in Bristol. After browsing that lot, £3000 is considered a cheap bike by her recognition. My bikes are mostly bargains.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Put the hardest most uncomfortable saddle you can find on it and tell her you bought it for her then take her on an all day epic in some really crappy weather…… she’ll never want to ride the bike ever again leaving you to use it…. easy!!!!

weeksy

I’ve bought 2 in the last month, she’s not even asked what they cost or how I paid, although she is on the last day of her 10 day holiday in France without me and our boy!

Mugboo

We have a loose agreement that any and all bike parts cost roughly a fiver.

crosshair
    Free Member

My wife has horses therefore ……………

‘we’ can’t afford a bike 🙁 😉 😀

MoreCashThanDash

Bike purchase? Pah!?

MrsMC came back from running her Guide meeting last night, ran upstairs, grabbed her passport and fired up the lap top. 😯

I asked if there was something she wanted to tell me.

“Would it be alright if I took the Guides to Ireland next year to an international camp?”

Depends if you can get enough who can afford to go – her unit covers a less affluent part of town, shall we say.

“I’ve got the deposits from 7 of them already” says she.

So she checks it all out, sends letters out to parents, gets numbers and deposits and then checks if it will be OK. 👿

No problem with her doing it, just not sure how the £250 plus travel, plus her taking a weeks leave out of her holiday entitlement, will leave us for our family holiday. Especially as she may be taking LittleMissMC as well. Another £250 plus travel.

Mind you, it does leave me and MCJnr (14) at a loose end the first week of next summer holidays…. 8)

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

My wife has horses therefore ……………

horses. plural?

Is there a H+1 thing going on with horses too. I’ve got a town horse and fat one for the cart, then there’s the racer…

crosshair
    Free Member

Well, ponies plural but they don’t seem to cost any less 😀

Apparently 1 is no good because it shouldn’t live by itself. But 2 is no good either because they will miss each other when you do something with the first. So apparently 3 is a minimum 🙄

MoreCashThanDash

Apparently 1 is no good because it shouldn’t live by itself. But 2 is no good either because they will miss each other when you do something with the first. So apparently 3 is a minimum

*makes mental note for next N+1 discussion*

inverjoe
    Free Member

Buy a tin of spraypaint of the same colour as the frame, cover the garage/shed/kitchen floor with it, then when she asks WTF?? Stand back,smugly look at the bike and reply, Not bad for an old bike? Turned out better than i expected,

Me – I fancy a new bike

Her – Ok, you work hard and it’s your enjoyment

We have a joint (and only, except various business ones) account and yet she still asks me if she can spend £20 on a new top. Of course I say you don’t even have to bloody well ask, but I think I have a rare one…

tuffty
    Free Member

Inverjoe
    Pure genius that 😆 😆

DiscJockey
    Free Member

I sneaked a new bike in 3 weeks ago, got it muddy and haven’t washed it since. No-one at home has noticed it’s new yet….although my kids are asking where the white Marin has gone (which I sold 3 weeks ago !)

nickc

I’m single.

me: I need/want/fancy a new bike

me: you deserve it, lets go on some demo days…

yay!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Yeah, yeah, being single might be alright with your dating hot chicks and total freedom but you don’t get to be shouted at for not doing the washing up or have to put up a washing line at 9 o’clock last night in a hurricane, do you?…………er…..

gemini29
    Free Member

😀

mikejd

Apparently 1 is no good because it shouldn’t live by itself. But 2 is no good either because they will miss each other when you do something with the first. So apparently 3 is a minimum

crosshair – second that! My wife has 2 + 2 donkeys and has now bought a foal. I am presently looking for a fat bike…

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Wiggle say’order processed’

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Yeah, one of my neighbours moans about his wife and daughters horses. They have 4 or 5 “personal” ones and 3 that they lease (is that the right word?) to the stables for riding lessons and suchlike. Helps that daughter spends a large chunk of her time actually going places to do horse things. Until she failed to qualify for the national squad a couple of years ago. Now she “only” rides 3 or 4 times a week. 🙄
    No idea what it actually costs them, but he complains about it despite his small collection of immaculately restored 1950 and 60s sports cars. (I know the horses cost more, but not by how much)

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Like that. My wife has a horse. luckily it’s at a stables where there are plenty of otehr ones. But I’m already gettting the “when the kids start wanting to ride” chats. Buttering me up for a H+1 purchase I think.

Plus we are going to look at horse transport vehicles this weekend.

Grounds for a new bike I think. Good job I have booked a cotic demo day in october!

chivalry
    Free Member

What is it with men spending money and to scared to tell the wife.. I feel your pain!!
    Just bought a cube nutrail race..1700 quid Im dreading my wife finding out…
    What’s really **** up though.. She had an affair last year feked off with her midget copper affairee(that a word??) and we’ve been separated since.. And I’m STILL SCARED..!!.. LMAO..

holdsteady

During me moaning about the wife buying more shoes that she will rarely wear she said “well you’ve got 6 bikes” – fortunately I had the good sense not to say “no, I’ve only got 5 actually” so now reckon I can buy another one without her noticing 🙂

Leigh2612
    Free Member

That is a nice blue!!

tom200

Sell some old crap parts and make a big deal about it whenever anything sells, buy a new bike as parts it in a more low key way.

I tried accumulating a bike fund by doing some bike mechanics for mates, unfortunately this backfired when she got wind of a fund and decided to spend it on the family. Aparenly if I can afford to spend X in a new bike/parts I much have that much spare, so for every £1 I spend I need to spend £1 on the family.

£450 is very cheap, you must have “saved” a fortune.

Viewing 28 posts - 41 through 68 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘I am in a LOT of trouble!!’ is closed to new replies.