Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • I am extremely clever
  • 16stonepig
    Free Member

I have a 2015 Vitus Sommet. Bought it as a frame-only an built it up myself.

A month ago I thought I would get myself the upgraded Debonair sleeve for the Monarch on the back. I’m going to the Alps later this year and though a bit more volume and tuneability would be useful.

The new air sleeve arrived last week, and I was surprised to see it appeared identical to the one already installed.

Imagine my surprise to discover that the frameset was sold as the frame-only version of the “Pro” full bike, so already includes the Debonair sleeve. However, this being very early on in the Debonair’s history, there is no visible label which identifies it as such. All the modern Debonairs have the logo on the Plus canister. Mine doesn’t, only on the label which is neatly nestled and hidden within the seat tube.

So, now I’ve got a really handy spare air sleeve, just in case, I dunno, mine gets hit by a very well aimed, heavy rock?

legend
    Free Member

Is the clever part before or after the part where you bought the thing you don’t need?

16stonepig
    Free Member

It coincides exactly.

Beagleboy

I bought a tubeless conversion kit for my tubeless ready wheelset. Can I be in your club?

16stonepig
    Free Member

I am pleased to find I am not alone.

nickc

I bought some new grips as the ones on the bike are well past their use by date; while rummaging in the tool box, I found the other set of grips I’d bought way back…

docrobster
    Free Member

I recently went on a weekend touring in Belgium with panniers. Several weeks ago when we were planning the trip I realised that as my road bike didn’t have pannier mounts I’d need to come up with an alternative solution. I looked at the different options including frame bags, seat bags, panniers that mount on the qr etc. Then I was offered an old slot dropout 26 inbred frame so I built this up with a mixture of old and new parts, hand me down forks etc. I managed to squeeze 700c wheels with 36c tyres in and added bar ends. I fitted my rack and panniers and was ready for the trip

7 days before we were due to set off I was cleaning my road bike and noticed that it had a full set of pannier mounts

breadcrumb

Bought a new to me bike last week with 180/160 rotors, I want to swap my brakes on which are 200/180. Ordered a +20 spacer for the rear. Then realised the bike has one on the front I could swap over! It’ll be added to the spare box once it arrives.

cynic-al
    Free Member

docrobster wins!

I recently spent a good hour packaging somehting up to post so it was under 1 kilo. I then went to get my postage from myherpes and found the lowest bracket had changed to <2kg 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I wonder if it’d fit my Monarch..?

16stonepig
    Free Member

I wonder if it’d fit my Monarch..?

Fits 200x57mm shocks, year 2014 onwards. What frame have you got? It’s yours if you want it.

molgrips
    Free Member

I think my frame is a 2013, it’s a Trek Superfly FS Alu.  Looks like this:

Looks like this

Your can is probably too big at a guess – but cannot measure it currently.

EDIT ah, Google suggests mine is 165×38..

cb

I spend a good while cutting, hacking and tearing off some grips from the kid’s bike, then to notice they were lock ons…

cokie

Ordered a new XT m8000 shifter for the new build. Opened it up- Yum, shiny, but no outer so order 2m long outer. Comes to fitting the shifter and lift the tab up to get the whole shifter out… outer is included, just hiding underneath. Damn shimanos neat packaging.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘I am extremely clever’ is closed to new replies.