Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • I agree with "call me dave" – for the first time ever.
  • instanthit
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22304322
    But then i am a Chelsea supporter. And footballers are becoming a bunch of spoilt brats.

binners

I can think of a few more pressing issues that the balloon-faced **** should maybe be commenting on. Or doing something about. He’s the prime minister. Unfortunately. Not a ****ing newspaper columnist 🙄

mrmoofo

Shouldn’t he be worrying about running the country, rather than trying to influence the FAs disciplinary panel?

He didn’t comment on the John Terry racism trial, or the Suarez case , so why does he think his views are important now?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Wot binners sed

br
    Free Member

He didn’t comment on the John Terry racism trial, or the Suarez case , so why does he think his views are important now?

How do you think these quotes occur?

He’s asked a direct question by someone, so answers. Otherwise the headline would be “PM declines to get involved in Footballer affair”.

richmtb

CMD is such an egotistical twunt that he actually believes his opinion on any subject is of great importance to the debate.

WackoAK
    Free Member

+1 Binners

Although I suspect in this case that the halfwit journalist is the one who asked the question.

Remember when dear leader GB made the statement about Jade Goody? It’s a similar thing, journalists should be asking more pressing questions and not populist crap that lets them off the hook on other issues.

project
    Free Member

Yep totally agree with the fat one ruining the country, gay marrige for all the thug over paid non working overpaid kick a ball and fall over footballers.

Just perhaps David think of something more relevant to the running of uk plc than football.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

has eddie millibland formed an opinion on anything at all yet?

Nope didn’t think so.

Ask question get answer report as story – press not politician issue. Some people fail to see how things work

aracer
    Free Member

More pressing issues the government should be concerned with? Like spending months debating fox hunting?

footflaps

More pressing issues the government should be concerned with?

Like what else they can blame the poor for 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

wot Binners said as for starting a sentence with the phrase As a dad and a human being …who knew he was a closet hand wringer

epicyclo

I think it’s unfair to expect our political leaders to express an opinion.

They employ professional liars for that job.

grum
    Free Member

He’s asked a direct question by someone, so answers. Otherwise the headline would be “PM declines to get involved in Footballer affair”.

Bollocks, he could say ‘no comment’, or ‘that’s a matter for the FA’ and that would be the end of it. But no he chooses to jump on the biggest high horse he can find.

Also, is it really annoying when people ask themselves a question then answer it? Yes it is.

“As a dad and as a human being do I think we should have tough penalties when football players behave like this? Yes,” Mr Cameron told BBC Radio 5 live.

😡

vinnyeh

There’s correct ways of handling these questions- “it’s for the FA to deal with”

It’s the Blair legacy- have a forthright, and hopefully, populist opinion on largely irrelevant cultural topics, and a slippery non committal answer for anything to do with your job.

Junkyard
    Free Member

is it really annoying when people ask themselves a question then answer it? Yes it is.

Is it more annoying to have your e-mails go unanswered ? Possibly 👿
    Check your mail dude re Sunday ta

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Just put more sexy pics in like you used to JY.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

The usual double standards we’ve become accustomed to…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWoBY9Mdgbs[/video]

konabunny
    Free Member

he chooses to jump on the biggest high horse he can find.

It’s not that high a horse to say that people shouldn’t go around biting each other.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Imagines how this thread would have unfolded with a no comments answer.

white101

A few weeks ago the Archbishop of Canterbury made some comments about the governments social policies and the risks with changing the benefits system to those who were vunerable etc etc, I’m all for a bit of interaction from the church every now and again where politics are concerned, however some tory back bencher told him to wind his neck in and concentrate on God.

I would love to see somebody like Fergy or Warnock now have a go at CMD and tell him to wind his neck in and get on with the day job.

Though judging by the stress and worry lines on the brows of CMD and Osborne and Botox bonce Hunt they dont have day jobs…..

grum
    Free Member

It’s not that high a horse to say that people shouldn’t go around biting each other.

It’s more that:

a) It’s got bugger all to do with him
    b) Starting by saying ‘as a dad and a human being’ is cockmunchery of the highest order
    c) David Cameron sets a much worse example and causes a lot more harm to large numbers of people than Suarez ever could.

however some tory back bencher told him to wind his neck in and concentrate on God.

I would love to see somebody like Fergy or Warnock now have a go at CMD and tell him to wind his neck in and get on with the day job.

+1

CaptJon
    Free Member

b r – Member

Is the PM prepped with an evenhanded, inoffensive, thoroughly practiced answered after a journo is primed with a question?

binners

Grum – I feel I can’t let your phrase ‘cockmunchery of the highest order’ go un-applauded.

An inspired addition to the English language sir 😆

portlyone

Brentan complaining that the FA panel were swayed by CMD is laughable too. He bit someone in plain view of the whole world!!! Take the hit and move on!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Grum, you really dont like him do you!

If, and there is an if, he feels compelled to comment on the poor examples set by football especially with respect to young people, then why limit yourself to the one behaving like a nursery school kid? There is a lot worse in the beautiful game (assault, abuse, bigotry, racism, lack of respect, homophobia, dodgy financial practices to name a few) that pass without comment.

A wider condemnation would deserve credit, but limiting oneself to Suarez smacks of opportunism to me (even if his points are valid).

Northwind

Junkyard – lazarus

as for starting a sentence with the phrase As a dad and a human being

Well it’s half true, which isn’t bad for a politician these days.

El-bent
    Free Member

Does he need to yet? This prick of a prime minister is doing all the work for him.

phil.w
    Free Member

a) It’s got bugger all to do with him

You’d expect the Prime Minister to have answers to questions raised about any current affairs. This incident being exactly that.

What would have been none of his business would be to recommend or give opinion on a fitting punishment.

Being asked for, and giving opinion on a matter on the front pages of the paper is most definitely in the remit of a PM.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Does he need to yet? This prick of a prime minister is doing all the work for him.

He probably should do, except he doesn’t seem to have a thought in his head. As this place proves ask somebody a question get an answer, if he had said no comment then it would have been Eton toff with no idea….

The response is expected irrespective of the question 🙂

grum
    Free Member

Cheers binners – DC really brings out the best in me. 🙂

What would have been none of his business would be to recommend or give opinion on a fitting punishment.

Being asked for, and giving opinion on a matter on the front pages of the paper is most definitely in the remit of a PM.

Right so before the case had been decided his spokesman said this:

“It is rightly a matter for the football authorities to consider,” [SO STFU THEN!] said the prime minister’s spokesman. “As part of their consideration, I think it would be very understandable if they took into account the fact that high-profile players are often role models.”

Clearly not prejudicing the case in any way.

Perhaps we could start having the prime minister’s opinions on the guilt or otherwise of suspects in ongoing trials, or who thinks is most likely to be telling the truth in an employment tribunal.

if he had said no comment then it would have been Eton toff with no idea….

Utter nonsense.

phil.w
    Free Member

Perhaps we could start having the prime minister’s opinions on the guilt or otherwise of suspects in ongoing trials,

Hardley comparable, there is no question of Suarez’s guilt.

But to continue with your analogy, if a crime was committed with an equally high profile case. The PM should definitely have an opinion on the matter if asked.

And from your response, it seems that you have a bigger issue with him giving a response than what it actually was. So really it’s the journalist you should be venting your rage at.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Quality binners. Damn right.

konabunny
    Free Member

Clearly not prejudicing the case in any way.

Perhaps we could start having the prime minister’s opinions on the guilt or otherwise of suspects in ongoing trials, or who thinks is most likely to be telling the truth in an employment tribunal.
    lol give over. It’s not a murder trial, and even if it were it wouldn’t make the slightest bit of difference.

grum
    Free Member

Hardley comparable, there is no question of Suarez’s guilt.

No you’re right, it’s more like DC trying to influence sentencing rather than the verdict, which would be fine obviously. If you were in an employment tribunal, how would you feel about the PM sticking his oar in?

It’s just a pathetic attempt to try and show that the Tories aren’t ‘out of touch’ by commenting on irrelevant tabloid issues.

And from your response, it seems that you have a bigger issue with him giving a response than what it actually was. So really it’s the journalist you should be venting your rage at.

Nope, he should just have said ‘no comment’ or ‘that’s a matter for the FA’.

Just saw this on twitter 🙂

‘Why is David Cameron worried about Luis Suarez being a role model for his son? He left his daughter behind in a pub.’

Northwind

I look forward to hearing the FA’s thoughts on criminal sentencing policy

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘I agree with "call me dave" – for the first time ever.’ is closed to new replies.