Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Hyundai i10 – anyone got one?
  • the-muffin-man

The wife is thinking of getting one to replace her Panda, and it’s always nice to know of some real world experiences.

The five year warranty is the main attraction – we know it isn’t going to set our world alight as a driving experience, and won’t be much good for ‘making progress’!

Ta.

MoreCashThanDash

A mates wife got one a year or so back. Cheap reliable and better build quality than he expected was the last feedback I had from him.

thomthumb
    Free Member

my mum inherited one from my grandad a few years back – at the time she said ‘it’d never be what i’d choose’…

3 years later and she’s just bought a brand new one – nothing else she looked at, similar small cars, was as good.

hyundais all sound like hyundais – must be the sound deadening. it;s strange. possibly because my car is a big old beemer – so probably much better insulated.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

My mate has one, rather his Mrs does but he drives it daily since opting out of company car. He does a lot of miles in it without complaint, but he must be a very tolerant man in my eyes.

Having said that, it cost 6 grand for a 15 plate with balance of warranty and he gets £500 per month car allowance which he’s not spending and 45p per mile so probably laughing all the way to the bank!

richmars

Not an i10, but my wife has an i20. Four years, about 45000 miles and it’s been faultless. (2nd hand, one year old when we bought it.)

RichT

Yes. We got one as a second car which is cheap to insure for the kids too. Looked at the VW up etc but the i10 was better equipped, much cheaper and we got 0% finance. It has been brilliant and Hyundai will be top of the list from now on.

Wally

i10 owner here, other than headlight leveling motor issue, which was a general fault, it’s been an uneventful 6 years.
    Nippy around town, runs on fumes, light clutch.

cp

MIL and my folks both have one of the current models. Very very good, surprisingly roomy even for a 6fter in the back. Nippy too, 1.0 is zippy round town. I’ve not driven they 1.2 my folks have but Dad reckons it’s OK with the two of them in on open roads – and he’s used to much bigger cars.

Potent brakes.

tom200

My mum has one to replace her fiat 500 convertible, she rates it way higher than the fiat.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Had one on hire in Lanzarote. Gutless on open roads, tiny (banging elbows off door style) and noisy inside.

Would have again. It is what it is. Took €10 to fill 1\4 tank, took our suitcase with the parcel shelf up and was light years from the last petrol car of that size that I drove (’98 1.2 Clio). We did get used to the size, to be honest the LHD was more of a bawache.

swanny853

My folks have one and still seem to like it after 4 years. I’m on the insurance, as far as I can tell solely to be able to take them to the airport (my van hasn’t got enough seats), and I’m always pleasantly surprised how fun it is. Nippy. Eadiest thing in the world to park too.

timba
    Free Member

Consider the Kia Picanto as well. Similar car, longer warranty

hora
    Free Member

I’d prefer a used Jazz. Or why not another Panda, push the boat out and get a 4×4

tjagain

I had one as a hire car – dreadful little thing. also drove a pool car one for a while – that was even worse due to mismatched tyres. Easily the worst modern car I have driven

dragon
    Free Member

Easily the worst modern car I have driven

Have you driven a Fiat 500 because they are dreadful.

I’ve only been a passenger in an i10 and for the price and intended purpose it is fine. Personally I go for a super mini as the extra size means they are a bit more versatile and drive better out of the city. But if it’s a city car you want I don’t see much wrong with an i10 or the Kia equivalent.

tjagain

No I haven’t dragon. I was really surprised just how poor the i10 was tho – of course its nothing like as rubbish as cheap cars of a generation ago and is good value but the ride and roadholding was not good and the pool car I drove round town for a few months despite being less than a year old really was verging on dangerous – but decent tyres and a tracking / suspension check might well have helped

I have been spoilt by using hire cars tho – always having a newish well serviced car.

solidrooster
    Free Member

Got one on the scrappage scheme 5 years ago. No major problems with it. Although the radio reception is pretty shocking, just listen to CDs instead. Cheap to run.

MoreCashThanDash

People might be confusing the current i10, which is good, with the previous one, which was tinny and nasty, tbf.

Earl
    Free Member

Been watching Auto Expert – Outspoken Aus car reviewer.

By the sounds of things the Korean manufactures have made massive inroads into the Australia and NZ market with substantial sales.

He’s really entertaining – unless you own a vw/merc/crysler

chewkw
    Free Member

Earl – Member
    By the sounds of things the Korean manufactures have made massive inroads into the Australia and NZ market with substantial sales.

The Korean cars are also making an inroad into SE Asia but not as massive as in OZ and NZ.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Hyundai i10 – anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.